Options

ISO: Magic Hat Brewing EV beer bottle cap

HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
edited November 2013 in Lost Dogs
Somewhere out there exists a beer bottle cap from Magic Hat Brewing Company with a phrase on the inside:

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder?"

I want one. Preferably in decent shape. (Magic Hat does not do twist-offs so I expect an indentation from a bottle opener, but I don't want it folded completely in half, e.g)

If you have one and wouldn't mind parting with it, please let me know.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    If you but a couple cases, I'll be happy to help you find one.... :D
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    Somewhere out there exists a beer bottle cap from Magic Hat Brewing Company with a phrase on the inside:

I want one. Preferably in decent shape. (Magic Hat does not do twist-offs so I expect an indentation from a bottle opener, but I don't want it folded completely in half, e.g)

i'd like to score one of those myself
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    EddieMcCreadyEddieMcCready Posts: 337
    klusterfuk wrote:

i'd like to score one of those myself

+1
    "THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO!" ~ Zach De La Rocha

..And away.. we go!
    MSG 5/20/2010
    MSG 5/21/2010
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    Funny, I had a few of these, and I went looking for them a couple months ago with no luck. :?
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Are they still being made? If so I will make Fat Angel my drink of choice this summer and try to score up a few for some folks around here. Dyer will get the first one of course. I will pop the caps off the best I can to preserve them. So if anyone know which beers and if they are still being made let me know. I will throw back some for the sake of the members here. 8-)
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    2517583130040909838S425x425Q85.jpg

I am sooooooo happy to have one. Took a few months to get but finally got one, the chances are sooo random.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    I wish they still made Hocus Pocus. It was their summer lager and it was sooooo freakin delicious. I'd have no problem throwing back numerous cases of it if it were still made. They replaced it last year with that Wacko shit. I'm sorry, but beets and beer do not mix.

The only beers of theirs that I can even stomach any more are #9, Circus Boy, & Single Chair.
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    I wish they still made Hocus Pocus. It was their summer lager and it was sooooo freakin delicious. I'd have no problem throwing back numerous cases of it if it were still made. They replaced it last year with that Wacko shit. I'm sorry, but beets and beer do not mix.

The only beers of theirs that I can even stomach any more are #9, Circus Boy, & Single Chair.

Hocus Pocus was great... NTW my cap came off of #9
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    i got one off a #9 a few months back, so i assume they still make them. i have a few of them, if i can find one ill give it to you or anyone who needs it. i just have to find them in my mess of boxes. be well, jason
  • Options
    yea i got one in decemeber so they are def still out there. afraid im not readay to part with mine yet. good luck with hunt though. worst comes to worst its a great excuse to drink a bunch of #9s :lol:
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    After the OP gets one of these I would love to be next in line! Cheers.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    JK36392 wrote:
    i got one off a #9 a few months back, so i assume they still make them. i have a few of them, if i can find one ill give it to you or anyone who needs it. i just have to find them in my mess of boxes. be well, jason

That would be most excellent!
  • Options
    mvluckymikemvluckymike Posts: 329
    There still out there one of my friends on facebook just got one. I spent about 4 months drinking this beer with no luck.
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
  • Options
    SCMike10SCMike10 Posts: 195
    I got one last month, in NH, so they are still out there. I will be on the lookout for more!

My wife: Are you drinking at 10 a.m. again??

Me: No no; I am helping out a friend!! 8-)
    Irvine Meadows - Sep 13, 1992
    Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003
    Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003
    Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004
    Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008
    Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008
    ALL FOUR 09 PHILLY SHOWS!!
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    id love to help you... id be willing to put my liver on the line for ya man ;)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    SCMike10 wrote:
    I got one last month, in NH, so they are still out there. I will be on the lookout for more!

My wife: Are you drinking at 10 a.m. again??

Me: No no; I am helping out a friend!! 8-)
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    SO far I've been through a couple cases of #9 to no avail. :cry:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'd like to add my name to the bottom of the list for one...since I'm a 'left coaster' and prob won't have any chance of being so lucky to find one...I make jewelry out of bottle caps, so it would be put to good use. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    I am going to have to seek one of these out myself!
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I drank 6 of these over the weekend in Vermont. No luck. :x

Bought another 6 to bring home. 8-)

One of my friends said, "What are you going to do with the bottle cap when you get it?"

I said, "I dunno."

Then I tucked my tail between my legs and skulked away...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    I have one. I know it's a long shot but willing to work out a trade for the bottle cap and other items for the composition notebook from the Vs/Vitalogy box set. Like I said I know it's a long shot but willing to make that part of the trade. pm me.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    JasonE wrote:
    I have one. I know it's a long shot but willing to work out a trade for the bottle cap and other items for the composition notebook from the Vs/Vitalogy box set. Like I said I know it's a long shot but willing to make that part of the trade. pm me.

Interesting offer, but I think I'd rather keep drinking.

Yes.

Definitely.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    JasonE wrote:

Yes.

Definitely.

I don't blame you. Cheers!
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    JasonE wrote:
    JasonE wrote:

Yes.

Definitely.

I don't blame you. Cheers!
    ;)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    JasonE wrote:

Yes.

Definitely.

you're gonna be drinking a lot of beers...the chances of getting an Ed one is 1 in 500.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    So a friend of mine came up to me the other day and says "Dyer! Check out this awesome bottle cap that someone gave me!" :oops: :oops: :oops: I knew immediately what it was.

I was so darn frustrated. She had no idea the cap even existed, let alone that I've been wanting one for over a year. The proverbial "someone special" gave it to her, so I didn't expect her to offer it to me, nor did I ask for it. I'm happy for her that it brings her excitement, but man... so close, yet so far.

Anyway, I'm still lookin for one. If anyone has one they are willing to get rid of, I'll trade a random 90's bootleg cassette for it (I have a few). Unless that's against forum rules, but I think it just states no selling or flipping for profit, and that they're fan recorded audio (which they are). If I've interpreted that incorrectly, I'll gladly edit this post.