Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I should probably buy a blu-ray player sometime,and a television that's a little less square..
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Ah well, have it on dvd.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Not I.... Never seen a star wars movie... and TBH,, never want to... :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Yup, why not i bought every other damn version.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    pjfan31 wrote:

This cannot be possible :shock:

Unless you are younger than Return of the Jedi, then maybe I'll believe :D

If you really want to watch just 1, pick episode 1...that Jar Jar guy is great
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    pjfan31 wrote:

:thumbup: :clap: , Attack of the Clones rocks too.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    i've seen all. but mostly parts of the last 2
    I miss igotid88
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:

It's a genre that just does not appeal to me... I won't bash it and say its a bad movie etc, just I am fairly sure I won't like it. See, if I said they're bad movies, it would be the equivalent of someone saying 'oh Pearl Jam, they suck'

I just don't wanna watch it... :) but I hope all of you guys enjoy it...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    I probably won't buy this. I'm disappointed that these blu-rays don't include the original theatrical releases. And since I already have those on DVD, I don't need this.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    pjfan31 wrote:

It's a genre that just does not appeal to me... I won't bash it and say its a bad movie etc, just I am fairly sure I won't like it. See, if I said they're bad movies, it would be the equivalent of someone saying 'oh Pearl Jam, they suck'

I just don't wanna watch it... :) but I hope all of you guys enjoy it...

You should at least give the first movie (not episode 1, the real first movie) a try. You may find that the "genre" is irrelevant because it's more of a story about people than it is a special-effects extravaganza. You like good stories about interesting characters right? I thought you did. Well, then you might just like Star Wars.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    bump
    I miss igotid88
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    I probably won't buy this. I'm disappointed that these blu-rays don't include the original theatrical releases. And since I already have those on DVD, I don't need this.
    yeah... that extra musical number in jabba's palace should be optional for fucks sake

and i dont want to see hayden christensen at the end of ROTJ and be reminded of those other 3 shitty movies

but including the originals might imply that lucas had done something wrong with the reissue :roll:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I imagine we will own them...and also the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings movies that are being released on Blu-Ray...and then in a few years we will probably buy them again in 3D. ;)
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    yeah... that extra musical number in jabba's palace should be optional for fucks sake

and i dont want to see hayden christensen at the end of ROTJ and be reminded of those other 3 shitty movies

but including the originals might imply that lucas had done something wrong with the reissue :roll:
    I'm happy with about half of the changes. There should be an edit your own version. :lol:

Really the only change that bothers me is the Greedo shooting first scene. That kills me. Everything else I'm ok with.

Oh, and when they dub over Boba Fetts voice in Empire. "What if he doesn't survive".. I miss the old version.

And cutting into that chase scene at the end of Empire. Did we really need that stupid scene showing Vader flying back to the star destroyer? It was such a smoothly flowing sequence, and then an awkward cut scene of Vader in his shuttle landing on the star destroyer. Probably my favorite 10 minutes of any movie ever and Lucas had to stick his dick in it. :?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Gob wrote:

And cutting into that chase scene at the end of Empire. Did we really need that stupid scene showing Vader flying back to the star destroyer? It was such a smoothly flowing sequence, and then an awkward cut scene of Vader in his shuttle landing on the star destroyer. Probably my favorite 10 minutes of any movie ever and Lucas had to stick his dick in it. :?

Because Lucas absolutely sucks. The only credit I give him is that he stuck to his vision and created A New Hope when everybody was laughing at him. But everything else he has touched has just been awful and embarrassing. He had almost nothing to do with the original Empire which is one of the reasons it was so great. Then he gets back on board with Return to create the second worst character in the history of science fiction- the Ewok! (First being Jar Jar) At least the last duel saved the movie. But he doesn't stop there, he goes on to try and ruin the whole legacy of the original trilogy by creating a new prequel trilogy which should have just been called "The Muppets in Outer Space".

I'll buy the original trilogy on blu-ray but never the Muppet ones, just a waste of money. Not like I'm going to watch them and they'll never be worth anything as collectors items so what's the point.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    buy this saga on blu ray I will not.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    buy this saga on blu ray I will not.

:lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    jshin wrote:
    I should probably buy a blu-ray player sometime,and a television that's a little less square..
    Is it sad that knowing that Lord of the Rings extended editions are coming out is the driving force behind me upgrading my TV and getting a blu ray???

:D

This star wars stuff might be what i need to push me over the edge to do it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i own all the different versions of the DVD release, and would get the blu-ray if it was the original theatrical release.

but lucas keeps fucking with us! he KNOWS fans want the theatricals on blu-ray. fuck him. he wants to make us buy this edition AND then the theatrical when he releases them two years from now.

doesn't this man have enough money?
    Gob wrote:

I'm happy with about half of the changes. There should be an edit your own version. :lol:

Really the only change that bothers me is the Greedo shooting first scene. That kills me. Everything else I'm ok with.

Oh, and when they dub over Boba Fetts voice in Empire. "What if he doesn't survive".. I miss the old version.

The only change I sorta support is putting Ian McDiarmid into the hologram scene of Empire. But even with that Lucas changed the dialogue. And the picture quality in the 2004 versions is great (the Hoth battle looks awesome). But I hate the Greedo/Han thing, inserting Jabba into episode IV, and anything that attempts to create continuity between the prequels and the real movies (Hayden in Return of the Jedi being the lamest).

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • ~these are not the blu-rays you are looking for~ ;)
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I'm hoping these new releases will have some cool bonus footage in the special features... unless we've seen it all already?
    ..or maybe some links to where I can buy an official Chewbacca suit?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I'm hoping these new releases will have some cool bonus footage in the special features... unless we've seen it all already?
    ..or maybe some links to where I can buy an official Chewbacca suit?

if i know anything, it's that the ladies cannot reisist a chewbacca costume!
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Have a television, you must not. Hmmmmmmm ...
    So everyone rather get the Lord of the Rings

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026L ... g=abswo-20

i don't know how Star Wars is still popular if the fans always complaining about it. And they really only like Empire
    I miss igotid88
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    igotid88 wrote:

i don't know how Star Wars is still popular if the fans always complaining about it. And they really only like Empire
    I believe I will be getting both!

It's kind of funny to so many reviews on items that are months away from actually being released. :D

Also, I recommend that people check out the movie "Fan Boys" for a good natured take on star wars fans (Note: You Trekkie punks may not like it ... not that we care. :twisted: )
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    igotid88 wrote:

The Extended Editions are sooooo much better. After owning them on DVD is was suckered into buying the theatrical cuts on blu-ray because they were only $9.99 each on sale. They felt like they were missing so much. I refuse to ever watch them again. Even the soundtrack for the extended version, all rerecorded, is better.

I read once, Jackson prefers the theatrical cuts because they flow better, and they do, but there's so many good scenes in the extended version, you just have to take your time when viewing the whole thing through.
    Jason P wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

I believe I will be getting both!

It's kind of funny to so many reviews on items that are months away from actually being released. :D

Also, I recommend that people check out the movie "Fan Boys" for a good natured take on star wars fans (Note: You Trekkie punks may not like it ... not that we care. :twisted: )

Trekker is the perferred term.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009