Options

2011 Canadian Tour...

mypresenttensemypresenttense Posts: 44
edited May 2011 in The Porch
I keep hearing rumors about a 2011 tour. This was confirmed by a very reputable friend...I heard it again tonight regarding a specific stop in my home town of Saskatoon. This person works in the beverage industry and deals with the arenas...I guess the tour will be in September...And Toon town will be around Keith Urban's show in September which makes it like Sept. 17th or 19th...ish... So excited. I'm going to try and attend Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Winnipeg... (rumor has it that it will be like the 2005 Canada tour). If this is old news I'm sorry.. Just super excited to see my favorite band again...Last show was Vancouver and Calgary 2 a in 2009...Can't freakin wait...Hope to see you all around. PEARL JAM is the greatest...VIVA PEARL JAM.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    That is awesome news! That is the first mention of a Saskatoon show ... all of those other cities have been rumoured ... but nothing out east...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    maxferlmaxferl Quebec City Posts: 118
    A few weeks ago, Mudhoney wrote on twitter that they will open for PJ in a Canadian tour. Hope to see them in Montreal.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I keep hearing rumors about a 2011 tour. This was confirmed by a very reputable friend...I heard it again tonight regarding a specific stop in my home town of Saskatoon. This person works in the beverage industry and deals with the arenas...I guess the tour will be in September...And Toon town will be around Keith Urban's show in September which makes it like Sept. 17th or 19th...ish... So excited. I'm going to try and attend Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Winnipeg... (rumor has it that it will be like the 2005 Canada tour). If this is old news I'm sorry.. Just super excited to see my favorite band again...Last show was Vancouver and Calgary 2 a in 2009...Can't freakin wait...Hope to see you all around. PEARL JAM is the greatest...VIVA PEARL JAM.
    That is music to my ears, my friend. Was thinkin Saskatoon was a long shot this time. My hopes for Cal-Edm-Sask-PJ20 may play out afterall...
    Here's all the other speculation Beer Baron mentioned:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=149917
    :)
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

Not to deflate your ballon, as I'm happy for you guys... but this is getting more and more frustrating for those of us in the south USA... I see no reason why I should continue to be punished for moving from Toronto to Houston in order to find a job and make a living...

Houston has a larger population than Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg put together, and now PJ will tour through there twice since the last time they played here...

no matter what way you slice it, this is just plain unfair.

References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_100_largest_metropolitan_areas_in_Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Enjoy your shows. Hopefully I'll make it to Toronto/MTL.... I can't believe I'm going to spend money to fly again this year just to take in a few shows....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    albert83albert83 Saskatoon, SK Posts: 109
    Wow so excited, never thought they would come back.
  • Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    Really hoping for an Eastern Canadian show..at least one.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Not to deflate your ballon, as I'm happy for you guys... but this is getting more and more frustrating for those of us in the south USA... I see no reason why I should continue to be punished for moving from Toronto to Houston in order to find a job and make a living...

Houston has a larger population than Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg put together, and now PJ will tour through there twice since the last time they played here...

References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_100_largest_metropolitan_areas_in_Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Enjoy your shows. Hopefully I'll make it to Toronto/MTL.... I can't believe I'm going to spend money to fly again this year just to take in a few shows....
    Not to deflate YOUR balloon, but....waaaaah :P
    This is the third time in 20 years they've played Edmonton, the fourth for Calgary (a city only like 6 hrs from their home), and the second for Saskatoon....I agree they've prob neglected the South long enough (tho there WERE shows within driving distance for you in 08 - I happily flew to a couple of them), but man..... you used to live in a place where you had a chance to see them pretty much yearly...its not like you are alone in having to travel to see them once in a while.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    shep wrote:

References:

Not to deflate YOUR balloon, but....waaaaah :P
    This is the third time in 20 years they've played Edmonton, the fourth for Calgary (a city only like 6 hrs from their home), and the second for Saskatoon....I agree they've prob neglected the South long enough (tho there WERE shows within driving distance for you in 08 - I happily flew to a couple of them), but man..... you used to live in a place where you had a chance to see them pretty much yearly...its not like you are alone in having to travel to see them once in a while.
    Won't somebody think of the Alaskans!?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749

Saskatoon was awesome! Hopefully you are right!! If those are the dates you are thinking, I'm wondering if they do Calgary and then Edmonton opposed to Edmonton then Calgary? Not that it really matters :lol: i'll go to all three regardless ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    coachchris wrote:

Saskatoon was awesome! Hopefully you are right!! If those are the dates you are thinking, I'm wondering if they do Calgary and then Edmonton opposed to Edmonton then Calgary? Not that it really matters :lol: i'll go to all three regardless ;)
    Now I am debating if I should go to Saskatoon! I would probably be within the first 5 or 6 rows at that show ... the original plan was Calgary and Edmonton but now I am back to the drawing board :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    perrin29perrin29 Posts: 6
    Halifax was a pretty epic show too. They were playing some tracks from that show on PJ radio the other day and it took back to how amazing the show was.
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Well, I hope they follow the exact plan as 05 and play a gig in Missoula first :D
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 724
    In '05 went to Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec. Montreal was good, Ottawa was amazing (incredible setlist) and Quebec was almost perfect (one word: Footsteps). If there's another tour this fall, would probably do the same, although I might also head to Toronto especially since it would probably happen during the TIFF (lotsa guests in town).

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    I'm hoping that a Hamilton stop is on the list.... but knowing Hamilton Entertainment and Convention Facilities Incorporated (HECFI) they will fuck this up and PJ will miss Hamilton and play in London, Kitchener and Toronto.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    zootown wrote:
    Well, I hope they follow the exact plan as 05 and play a gig in Missoula first :D
    and PLEEEEASE follow it up with a South American tour!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    agree they've prob neglected the South long enough (tho there WERE shows within driving distance for you in 08 - I happily flew to a couple of them) , but man..... you used to live in a place where you had a chance to see them pretty much yearly...its not like you are alone in having to travel to see them once in a while.

This is not true at all, especially if you live in Texas. The closest show in 08 was Bonnarroo and that is a 14 hour drive from Houston and a 16 hour drive from San Antonio according to google maps. Not exactly driving distances. The only shows Texans have really had within a reasonable driving distance since 03 are the 09 EV Memphis show ( 8 hours from dallas, at least 10 hours from houston, even further from san antonio) ---not really sure that this shold even be considered "reasonable" -- and the Austin City Limits festival in 09.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Yeah, this is getting old really fast. I've had to travel for every Pearl Jam show I've been to and it just isn't worth it anymore. Not when there are so many other great bands playing here...
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    Anyone here any rumors of St. John's or Halifax again?? Dosent seem like its going to happen :(
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    I just got an e-mail back from the CAO of HECFI in Hamilton. I spoke with him about an unrelated matter, but he did mention that there are several "big name" acts being annoucned shortly for Copps Coliseum. That's good news at least.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 493
    zootown wrote:

I'm hoping they go opposite direction. Often shows are better at the end of a leg than at the beggining and all of the shows I've been to since 2003 have been within the first 5 of a leg (2nd, 4th, 5th, 1st, 1st, 2nd). It would be nice to be in the final 5 for once and maybe get 150 minute (or more) show.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,724
    IgotshitID wrote:
    Anyone here any rumors of St. John's or Halifax again?? Dosent seem like its going to happen :(

Haven't heard anything yet. :( Lots of rumors though on many MANY show's/dates happening west of Montreal this fall. Now if only someone from the Atlantic can start up a rumor PJ that they will be coming all will be well with the world ...
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
    I'm hoping that a Hamilton stop is on the list.... but knowing Hamilton Entertainment and Convention Facilities Incorporated (HECFI) they will fuck this up and PJ will miss Hamilton and play in London, Kitchener and Toronto.

3 shows in a 2 hour radius isn't that bad. Not to mention Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal within reach.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    agree they've prob neglected the South long enough (tho there WERE shows within driving distance for you in 08 - I happily flew to a couple of them) , but man..... you used to live in a place where you had a chance to see them pretty much yearly...its not like you are alone in having to travel to see them once in a while.

This is not true at all, especially if you live in Texas. The closest show in 08 was Bonnarroo and that is a 14 hour drive from Houston and a 16 hour drive from San Antonio according to google maps. Not exactly driving distances. The only shows Texans have really had within a reasonable driving distance since 03 are the 09 EV Memphis show ( 8 hours from dallas, at least 10 hours from houston, even further from san antonio) ---not really sure that this shold even be considered "reasonable" -- and the Austin City Limits festival in 09.
    Ya, the distance between Houston/Tampa/Columbia/Bonnaroo was a lot less in my head than on a map... But take a look at Edmonton or Saskatoon on a map...the closest city that consistently gets shows is Vancouver, which is the same distance from Edmonton as Houston is from Tampa. Houston fans also had the NOLA show last summer.
    My point is simply that Western Canadians are def not favoured over the south, and overall, there have probably been less shows here than there....so to hear complaining from a former resident of Toronto, a city that would somehow land a show if PJ toured Siberia, seemed a lil funny to me....not tryin to be a dick, cause I can relate.
  • Options
    Gibson wrote:

3 shows in a 2 hour radius isn't that bad. Not to mention Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal within reach.
    Isn't that bad?? :lol::lol: you guys are laughin! ....easterners have it so easy...
    And ya Beer Baron - Saskatoon is prob a good bet for good seats...think I mentioned in the other thread that I got row 2 with a 187 number last tour....but don't tell anyone or we might get pushed back ;)
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    so i need a passport now to get into canada?
  • Options
    so i need a passport now to get into canada?

yes.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

References:

Man. I live in Saskatoon bro. I have to drive at least 17 hours usually to see them. I get your frustration...Besides 2005's tour Calgary is the closest (Edmonton) I've had and that's 6 hours. I get it. I'm just happy to have a chance to see them and will be driving to Van.
  • Options
    IgotshitID wrote:

It will be the same as 2005. Lot's of dates out EAST.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    That is awesome news! That is the first mention of a Saskatoon show ... all of those other cities have been rumoured ... but nothing out east...

It will be the same as 2005. Lot's of dates out EAST.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Start at one side of North America with an old car and a sleeping bag and drive from Coast to Coast. Sleep in a parking lot or on a dirt road, eat canned beans and see our incredible country in the fall, the leaves will be changing, the colours beautiful, the people welcoming and generally gun-less, and we know how to show our American (and European/ South American / Australian..) friends a good time. Plus we have strong beer and Pearl Jam plays well for us because they are in our blood and in our thoughts always - they are the nephews of our great Uncle Niel after all.
    If you dont have a passport just walk or paddle over somewhere along our 3000 mile generally undefended boarder. (undefended coming in - not going out).
    just save some tickets for me and all will be good