To hell w/EV ticks...What about the Reissues...?

bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
edited March 2011 in The Porch
So....let's hear it. What's everyone's opinion about the new Vs./Vitalogy???

I'm 1/3 of the way through Vs. and while I love PJ as much as the next fan, I really don't hear that much of a difference in these reissues/remasters. Subtle differences here and there, but overall....I don't really hear a significant improvement over the originals...

Thoughts???

PS...Keep in mind, I'm on my first listen and only on Vs. (Glorified G.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    Sweet...I'm conversing w/myself.

Dissident is jamming...slowly deafening me through my headphones. The work is a little more present in this song...The highs are a little more up front...Ed kind of sounds like he is brought up more in the mix of all the instruments...
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    bigbiggzy wrote:
    So....let's hear it. What's everyone's opinion about the new Vs./Vitalogy???

I'm 1/3 of the way through Vs. and while I love PJ as much as the next fan, I really don't hear that much of a difference in these reissues/remasters. Subtle differences here and there, but overall....I don't really hear a significant improvement over the originals...

Thoughts???

PS...Keep in mind, I'm on my first listen and only on Vs. (Glorified G.)

You not really gonna hear anything significant. It's not remixed like Ten Disc 2. It's just remastered. It just sounds "cleaner". Haven't listened to Vs. yet but Vitalogy sound wonderful.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Yeah, I know....I guess I was just putting a little more stock into that process than I should've...

There was definitely a distinct difference in TEN.2

VS....so far, you're right. It's just a little more clear. Certain moments of songs pop out a little more. They're a little more clear or forward in the mix of sound....here and there. Overall, I feel like a sophomore in high school again, lol. It's a nice feeling.

On Blood...def hearing moments in this song a little more clearer than before....
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    thought it sounded the same . :lol::lol::lol:
  • LoveBoatCaptainDaveLoveBoatCaptainDave san antonio,tx Posts: 461
    wish i could respond but i didnt receive mine :( !! i pre-ordered but never got it!!
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014
    So...(because I know how much you guys want to know... :D )

I've spun VS. 1.5 times now and I was wrong. You can hear subtle differences. Things are clearer...Jeff is more prevalent in the mix. I thought that they might tweak it a little more here and there.

It's like Vs in HD. I'm digging it. Forgot how raw they could get.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    wish i could respond but i didnt receive mine :( !! i pre-ordered but never got it!!

same here... pre order, no shipping confirmation YET, but I did get the downloadable songs... woohooo ::insert sarcasm::
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.