Options

Your first cd

Comments

• Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    First one bought for me: Hootie and the Blowfish - Cracked Rearview

First one I bought with my own money: Presidents of the United States of America (self titled)

Millions of peaches, peaches for me!

I had the first Presidents... album too, I wish I hadn't sold it but it's so juvenile I probably wouldn't listen to it now. Kitty at my foot and I want to touch it... It was great when I was 12. The ones I'm really kicking myself for giving away are all of the Smashing Pumpkins I had the big boxed set, The Aeroplane Flies High... that had 4-5 discs and I gave it away to an exchange student from Italy in H.S.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    lukinsdadlukinsdad Posts: 57
    Brand Nubian - In God We Trust & Wu-Tang - Enter the 36 Chambers
  • Options
    i was probably about 12 and signed up for one of the Columbia Records mail-order things... without my parents' knowledge of course. I was in some serious trouble but I got to keep the CDs. This was late 1992 I think.

PJ - Ten
    Nirvana - Nevermind
    GNR - Appetite for Destruction
    NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
    Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
    Metallica - Ride the Lightning, And Justice for All

... I ended up only listening to PJ, NIN and Nirvana. I later traded the heavy metal shit for more PJ, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, and ..... the Spin Doctors! so my taste wasn't 100% impeccable. :D
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out :wtf:

And Vanilla Ice - To the Extreme may have been the 2nd one :sick:

After that, my track record got MUCH better. Thank God for the grunge explosion to set me straight!
  • Options
    rtdbakerrtdbaker Posts: 24
    My first 2 were Collective soul and Vitalogy. Dance mix 93 was in heavy rotation on the tape player though, that snap song is a steady request at bars currently by me
    That is actually what she said
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I remember my Dad had bought a CD player back in '91-'92 but I wasn't really allowed to touch it, so I was still investing in cassettes. I had told my Dad that I was saving my grass-cutting money to buy Ten, and on the day my Mom took me to the store to buy the tape my Dad surprised me with the CD when he got home that afternoon. So Ten was officially the first CD that I owned.

Little did I know at that time what kind of addicition it was going to spiral into. I still average about 2 to 3 CD's a week. I'll rip 'em to my iPhone, but I gotta have the plastic disc like a junkie needs his next fix. 8-)
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Spin Doctors - Pocket Full of Kryptonite.
    Utter load of bollocks!
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Slippery When Wet - The Jovi
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    My 1st 3 CD's!!! :mrgreen:

sgtpeppers.jpg

21NSAAZDM3L_SL500_AA240_.jpg

rolling_stones_hot_rocks_64-71_a-76.jpg

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    reece77nzreece77nz Posts: 30
    The Boss, Born in the USA, The tape player in the car ate my cassette and i was so upset mum when and got it for me on cd.
    The first one i paid for myself was RHCP Mothers Milk, Still the best Chili's album by a long way.
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006
    Christchurch AMI Stadium - Nov 29, 2009
  • Options
    zero21zero21 Posts: 7
    RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magic
  • Options
    Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    Soundtrack from Jurassic Park too (amazing to see another poster having this on the list) and I still have it and spins it every now and again on a dark night after hours of writing ... good times.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    wow...this thread is bringing out all the newbies. :P

:wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    first music that I owned... and I'm ashamed to say this...

Warrant. sometin about a cherry pie or sometin.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    first music that I owned... and I'm ashamed to say this...

Warrant. sometin about a cherry pie or sometin.

:lol:

she's my cherry pie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    Boys 2 Men II in 94 :oops: . I was at Intermediate 13 (middle school) and all the cool kids were listening to them. I didn't really like them, I just wanted to fit in. My tape collection back then was way more my style: GnR, The Beatles, RHCP, and of course Ten. The first PJ CD I owned was No Code because before that I only had a cassette player and mum wouldn't let me play my music in the lounge.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Collective Soul's Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid was the first CD I bought in 1993.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Sublime - Self Titled 1997ish????
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    I didn't get my first cd player until 1996. I thought as soon as I get one, something better would come along. I bought two together:

Metallica- Metallica
    Soundgarden- Down On The Upside

Few years earlier my sister who had a cd player gave me one of her cd's which she rarely listened to.

Motley Crue- Dr. Feeldgood
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I can't remember the first CD I bought with my own money. I don't think I bought a CD until I was in high school with my own job. I always convinced my parents to buy me something or got one for a present. Unfortunately the first CD I owned was probably Will Smith, Brandy or some sort of Backstreet Boys record. Can't say my music history is flawless.

My first CD personally bought probably involves Everclear, Nirvana or Weird Al. I know once I started buying CDs I didn't stop for awhile. Had to catch up on all the classics.

But for sure the first tape I ever bought with my own money was Bad Hair Day by Weird Al.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    space jam soundtrack. duh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWeII9xkTnw
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Van Halen 5150

I remember later joining BMG music club and loading up on other CDs like Guns and Roses, Tesla and Motley Crue
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'd rather not subject myself to ruthless taunting from the boys here....I'll just say that we bought a new stereo system in '87/88...I didn't have any good musical influences at that time, and the CD cost $17.99 at Silver Platters.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    tapes-peter gabriel, so/cars, greatest hits
    cd-beasties, license to ill
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Okay so it's a bit of a wierd combo but I was a wierd kid.
    -Mahlathini and the Mahotella Queens (South African band my Dad played alot, he used to live there and got me into it)
    -Madness
    -Kate Bush.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Bon Jovi-Slippery When Wet.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    edited March 2011
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    c60086ii993.jpg

i was 9 years old and got it on the day it came out. i remember the guy behind the counter at fye saying i was the coolest kid he's ever come across. i decided to doodle on the polaroids during halfway through the 1st listen of the cd
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I seriously cannot remember lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    The first time I bought a CD I bought two, and they were "Time's Up" by Living Colour and "Heartbreak Station" by Cinderella.