SEATTLE AREA

jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Will be going to Seattle/Tacoma area at the end of March, wondering what people recommend doing there within the few days I will be there. Food,Sights, Museums...anything!!

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    Where you staying?
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    starbucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I was there a few months ago. Of course the Space Needle and the farmers market are must sees. Mt. Ranier if you can make it. The Fremont Troll is another cool site.

We went to the Alligator Cafe, a cool bar PJ played back in the day. You also have the Moore Theatre, where they also played. Benaroya Hall and the SAM ( museum) is cool.

The farmers market is very cool. Great seafood. Take a boat ride too, great views.

Enjoy your trip!!

I stayed at the Green Tortoise hostel on Pike street, great location.

There's a Starbucks every 30 feet out there. Try Seattles Best coffee, I liked it better.
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Seattles best is owned by starbucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ^the Starbucks in Columbia Tower, 40th floor has free views.
    Actually, i love Roy Street Coffee & Tea in Capital Hill (one of Stbx new concept stores). Best coffee i've ever had. Licensed too though. Good vibes.

Kerry Park for an amazing view

Agua Verde - Mexican food along Portage Bay. they also have the best Mango Margaritas, imho.

i love REI too, where i feel like a kid in a candy store. We just don't have anything as good up here.

i guess if you do Pike Place, you might wanna check out the gum wall too. very ick!

hope you have a good time, i love Seattle, it feels a bit like a second home to me.

ps: there's a Google map created for Seattle Couchsurfers, that you might find helpful:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=206055527026122831534.000451041b5ab3ab3a441&t=h&z=13
    06.19.98 Vancouver | 11.06.00 Seattle | 05.30.03 Vancouver | 09.25.09 Vancouver
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    The Edgewater Hotel is very cool. Many rock acts stayed there back in the day when I'm told you could buy bait and fish from your room. The Beatles stayed there I believe around '64 and Led Zeppelin also stayed there circa 1969 leading to some legendary stories of excess. The Fairmont Olympic Hotel is a beautiful spot even just to look around or grab a cocktail at. Enjoy your visit.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    81 wrote:
    Isn't that just crap.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

aNiMaL wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Isn't that just crap.

should i be pissed?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    tacoma smells like hell. traffic is a bastard. seattle has coffee and salmon and hobos living under the overpass who have heroin.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks?? That sucks.

Man, there are so many homeless heroin addicts out there. You can't walk 5 feet without someone asking you for money or a cigarette. So sad. Other than that my visit was great!!

People seem stuck in the grunge era though, but that's not a bad thing.
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    Haha thanks for your suggestions all!!
  • chadwick wrote:
    tacoma smells like hell. traffic is a bastard. seattle has coffee and salmon and hobos living under the overpass who have heroin.
    Coffee and Salmon and Hobos? Oh my!
    wizardofoz460.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • If I'm making a daytrip from Seattle to Mount Rainier National Park, what is the best one or two things to see?  And is do-able in a daytrip. Maybe two hours each way?  Leaving Seattle in early AM and returning early evening.  Myrtle Falls, Grove of the Patriarchs, Paradise Valley/Trail? Appreciate any thoughts! Thanks
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • haha, thank you both