I'm drunk

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited March 2011 in The Porch
Watching that italy DVD...how goddamn great is this fuckin band?!?!?

Unbelievable! Thank you PJ!

Am I right?
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    I'm 1/2 way there and watching 30 rock, but I fully agree with you! :shock:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Piss on all the fussing about box prices and "weekend bash" locations...greatest band ever! Enjoy it!!

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Watching that italy DVD...how goddamn great is this fuckin band?!?!?

Unbelievable! Thank you PJ!

Am I right?

Goes well with alcohol !!!
  • I'm on my 2nd bourbon and cola and contemplating playing XBox 360 but I know when I'm drunk I don't play well and I get pissed cause i keep getting beat. So I may just watch a PJ show as well. Cornice is a very cool DVD. I particularly love the scene where EV and Mike hit a rooftop and bust out an acoustic Lukin.

You gotta love all the DVD's though, they all are unique and have their own special moments. In Touring Band I love watching the lady dance and do sign language. Gotta love the Mandolin in Showbox. MSG is just MSG, Leatherman, Ben Harper, 'nuff said!

Anymore I tend to watch the Austin City Limits performance most. I freaking love the string section with Just Breathe and Lukin and then Ben Harper comes out for Red Mosquito OMG!!!
    ...to live in the present tense...
  • Join in people! PJ time!

• ok its on but right to blood best one on it..........beer 8 and on my way
  • Really though...we are blessed to have a band lijke this in our lifetimes...one that matters! The best

• morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited February 2011
    I'm on G&T #2, actually it's gone, aaaaagg.....

OK, on G&T #3 now ;) but w3atching a nice cooking program right now tbh. I'm sure I'll bust out some PJ later....

Rock on for a great evening everyone! :D
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • That's right!! Happy thread!

• Ishould shut it down but Ed says no!
    Don't be a puss

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    add another one for friday night drinking. I love this band. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • 20 fucking years!

• Absolutely love this one when drinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBqDk2twvU
    Absolutely love this one when drinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBqDk2twvU

ohhhhhhhh I was there. :P :P Awesome, awesome show. I want a dvd of this whole show in hi def so bad :mrgreen:
  • Nice to meet you, I'm drunk too.

There's nothing like Pizza when you're drunk.

And hey, that band called Pearl Jam is pretty great too, even though I've been more into the White Stripes lately. Of course they had to break up just as I started getting into them... :x
    Nice to meet you, I'm drunk too.

And hey, that band called Pearl Jam is pretty great too, even though I've been more into the White Stripes lately. Of course they had to break up just as I started getting into them... :x

dude, I totally was drunk last night or the day before and mourning the break up of the band. I listened to them for hours. Not gonna lie, during "I want to be the boy to warm your mother's heart" got kind of misty. I have always loved that song, and, felt an emotional attachment to it.

I would love to track down a dvd of the South America show they did, during the GBMS tour. Mtv showed it and it was bad ass. There were so many people that wanted in, but it was sold out. Meg and Jack actually leave the stage, go outside, and play a song for the people that couldn't get in, then go back on to the stage. I really wished they had officially released this.
  • red mos wrote:
    Nice to meet you, I'm drunk too.

dude, I totally was drunk last night or the day before and mourning the break up of the band. I listened to them for hours. Not gonna lie, during "I want to be the boy to warm your mother's heart" got kind of misty. I have always loved that song, and, felt an emotional attachment to it.

I would love to track down a dvd of the South America show they did, during the GBMS tour. Mtv showed it and it was bad ass. There were so many people that wanted in, but it was sold out. Meg and Jack actually leave the stage, go outside, and play a song for the people that couldn't get in, then go back on to the stage. I really wished they had officially released this.

I actually DID shed a tear or two. I have been listening to nothing but Stripes recently and will continue to do so for the indefinite future. I have collected all of their albums now except for Icky Thump which I will pick up soon. After that, it's the live album and the accompanying dvd film and the one other dvd. Long live the STRIPES!
    edited February 2011
    I actually need to still get the live album. went to 3 retail stores looking for it, and none have it. I'll probably just order it online soon.

Those dvd's are great. (I remember posting in your original thread about them). You will enjoy them very much.

Black pool lights is a full concert and under great white Northern lights is more of a montage set up.

Icky thump is a yet another solid masterpiece by the band. " a matyr for my love for you" is my favorite song on the album. So many gems on this one. You'll love it . I will forever be bummed I never saw the white stripes live, but I HOPE they will reunite in the near future due to an overwhelming response of support. seen Dead weather twice, and it was phenominal, (especially seeing them open for PJ at ACL), but I want to see the Stripes. Tried to get tix in 2003, but tix sold out in like 5 seconds in Dallas, and was a broke ass college student. still am broke or live paycheck to paycheck, but I yearn to see the Stripes in the near future. I really do think they will reunite eventually.
    Post edited by red mos on
  • red mos: I'm so jealous that you got to see that show live. There are so many cool moments from it like them doing Army Reserve and then EV signing the vet's prosthetic!

So, now I'm at the point I call "drink" I'm pretty f***ed up but, I'm far from done (it's not "drunk" until I'm making a sandwich and pouring a drink that doesn't contain alcohol, shortly followed by sleep).

Can I get a cheers and a round the world drink and good will from all PJ lovers up to to fact that I learned today that my first child is gonna be a boy and his name will be Jaxon Thor Spurling! I'm pretty damn excited and can't wait to hold him in my arms (and spend some money of these PJ onesies...) I think that's definitely worth drinking too!
  • red mos wrote:
    I actually need to still get the live album. went to 3 retail stores looking for it, and none have it. I'll probably just order it online soon.

Those dvd's are great. (I remember posting in your original thread about them). You will enjoy them very much.

Black pool lights is a full concert and under great white Northern lights is more of a montage set up.

once i have all 6 studio, the live album and both dvds that's pretty much it, right?
    red mos: I'm so jealous that you got to see that show live. There are so many cool moments from it like them doing Army Reserve and then EV signing the vet's prosthetic!

So, now I'm at the point I call "drink" I'm pretty f***ed up but, I'm far from done (it's not "drunk" until I'm making a sandwich and pouring a drink that doesn't contain alcohol, shortly followed by sleep).

Can I get a cheers and a round the world drink and good will from all PJ lovers up to to fact that I learned today that my first child is gonna be a boy and his name will be Jaxon Thor Spurling! I'm pretty damn excited and can't wait to hold him in my arms (and spend some money of these PJ onesies...) I think that's definitely worth drinking too!
    congrats man! :P :D:):mrgreen:
    red mos wrote:

once i have all 6 studio, the live album and both dvds that's pretty much it, right?

yep. I might start looking into some boot material. Hopefully they let us trade the music like we do here, if they left the "white stripes music for fans to do what they want." like the press release said.
  • Thanks red mos

I read that statement too on the Stripes website. I doubt they would object to anyone loving and sharing their music.

I never got to see them and I seriously regret that but, do you really believe there will never again be a White Stripes reunion?

There may never be new music. However, I don't see them being able to live the rest of their lives without reuniting and performing again. Even if it's only a couple times over 40 or 50 years, I think it will happen.

Until that day I will faithfully dig on The Raconteurs and Dead Weather and any future projects!
  • I worked a double shift only to find my roomate was banging the chick ive cared about......ohhhh Backspacer howow i love you
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    me drunk too, not listening to pearl jam though. wife's 30th, she's up the duff so i had her share.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Rare chance to go out with the guys last night and I'm working off a solid drunk.

My day so far after 6 hrs sleep...

I woke up with two kids jumping on me
    i can't get my newspaper because my driveway is a sheet of ice.
    I'm currently watching Dora the Explorer.
    and
    my head hurts!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Just finished my first pint. Maybe some red wine now.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Got back from the doctor's office for one thing earlier today and learned I may have a problem with my brain that requires surgery. Fuckin' drinking and I am hammered like no one's business! Reyka vodka and O.J. rules!
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    That was tremendous, very impressive! Thanks for posting it. Reminds me of the 4 shows I saw in '09 in Australia where they performed that no. each show I went to. Thanks for the memories. Can't believe so much time has gone by since then. Better start saving for the next tour, should they return and I'm sure they will. In the meantime I have 2 Eddie shows to look forward to week after next, how pumped am I!
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    PJ88 wrote:
    Got back from the doctor's office for one thing earlier today and learned I may have a problem with my brain that requires surgery. Fuckin' drinking and I am hammered like no one's business! Reyka vodka and O.J. rules!

I sort of think your spelling is farrrrr too good to be drunk! Therefore, I say your a fraudulant Drunk. As for brain surgery you need to take that seriousely.
    Yours sincerely
    Jo.