***THE OFFICE - SEASON 9 - FINAL SEASON***

Comments

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Hasn't "Jim" already been in several big movies? I think he could do good.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Lizard wrote:
    if you consider shitty parts in Leatherheads and It's complicated then... yes
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Lizard wrote:
    well i did not see those movies---just saying he seems to get roles in bigger-type movies also
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    well i did not see those movies---just saying he seems to get roles in bigger-type movies also

I liked him in Away We Go. Although the critics panned it, I thought it was cute.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    libragirl wrote:
    I liked him in Away We Go. Although the critics panned it, I thought it was cute.
    i think the main complaint against him is that he's always gonna play a "jim" like character... didn't see Away We Go but thats the impression I got from the previews

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    steve leaves... finish it on a high. no shark jumping.
    It already jumped the shark when Jim and Pam had a kid

kind of agree. those two characters ruined the show
    Nice, now get rid of jim and pam

Will Ferrell has committed to a four-episode arc on NBC's comedy The Office. He will play a branch manager who comes from the home office and is just as inappropriate as Steve Carell's Michael Scott character. NBC is still figuring out exactly when the episodes will air, but Ferrell has committed to one episode beyond Carell’s finale, to help create a bridge.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    just like the real world, promote someobyd and back fill. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • just kill it. i liked the jim and pam stories until they got married and then had a kid.

spin off for dwight may work.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    There are rumours that kiwi Rhys Dary (Flight of the Concords) will guest star to possibly take over from Steve. If he does I will definitely start watching again, he is one funny dude!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    There are rumours that kiwi Rhys Dary (Flight of the Concords) will guest star to possibly take over from Steve. If he does I will definitely start watching again, he is one funny dude!

I heard that rumor too. I have also heard harvey keitel.

I think craig robinson would be a quality choice. He is severely underutilized on that show. I think he's funny as hell
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

I heard that rumor too. I have also heard harvey keitel.

I think craig robinson would be a quality choice. He is severely underutilized on that show. I think he's funny as hell
    +1. He's definitely hilarious.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Seems my prediction in June was somewhat correct...

Will Ferrell to visit 'The Office' for an arc

NEW YORK – Will Ferrell is coming to "The Office."
    Ferrell will play a visiting branch manager over an arc of several episodes. NBC announced the casting Wednesday with the promise that Ferrell's character will be "just as inappropriate" as Steve Carell's Michael Scott.
    Carell's farewell is expected four episodes before the season finale of "The Office." In preparation of his exit, NBC is bringing in high-profile guests, including "The Office" creator Ricky Gervais, reprising his role as David Brent.
    Gervais will make a cameo in Thursday's episode, which airs at 9 p.m. EST.

I think it could go on because his character is part of what is killing the show. Too over the top and not very funny or amusing story lines. Too many dead end stories with the merger. Dwight can't run the office that would get old fast. Bring in Will Ferrell to lead a re-organization a la office space and trim the fat and keep those who are good. Breathe some new life in with some new leadership in the office.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I'm sad to see Steve go, his character is so over the top though, makes me shake my head at just about everything he does and makes me wonder why he wasn't fired years ago (the character, not Steve)

I really like Ricky Gervais and can't wait to see how they write him in as well as Will Ferrell.
  • i don't think i'd watch it if he left
    he's the only character whose stayed funny and i actually want to watch
    the others, while i still love 'em, have become a bit boring (pam and jim especially)
    so i don't really see the point without him

but Dwight on the other hand, is hilarious
  • he IS the damn show. without him, the show is done. and honestly, the first 3 seasons were great, now it's barely a laugh to be had. Carrell is smart to leave now.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Paul David wrote:
    he IS the damn show. without him, the show is done. and honestly, the first 3 seasons were great, now it's barely a laugh to be had. Carrell is smart to leave now.

yeah...first few were great...then got a little too awkward/not funny...rebounded a bit last year....but this year has been horrible with just a few exceptions. i don't see it lasting long at all without michael scott.

i will say tonight's episode was absolutely hilarious though. kevin's speech/puking scene had me crying :lol:

looking forward to ferrell's episodes.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • loved seeing ricky tonight :lol:

no interest in the show continuing with him tho

Paul David wrote:
    he IS the damn show. without him, the show is done. and honestly, the first 3 seasons were great, now it's barely a laugh to be had. Carrell is smart to leave now.

yeah...first few were great...then got a little too awkward/not funny...rebounded a bit last year....but this year has been horrible with just a few exceptions. i don't see it lasting long at all without michael scott.

i will say tonight's episode was absolutely hilarious though. kevin's speech/puking scene had me crying :lol:

looking forward to ferrell's episodes.
    :lol::lol: I loved how he was running laps around that row of chairs and eating a sandwich at the same time.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Was good seeing Gervais, but man...that episode sucked!!!!

Remember when they actually did work-stuff? :shock:

Anyways, I can't wait to see what Will Farrell is gonna do! :)
    mca47 wrote:

Kevin's part was hilarious.
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Kevin's part was hilarious.

i thought it was one of the best of the season....and it was geared around a seminar designed to boost andy's sales. so it was work-stuff.

but i do agree, the show is evolved away from what made it so great, the mundane occurances of life in an office all day.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I think they should probably just end the series. It really went downhill after season 3. Once the female characters all start getting pregnant, you know the writers are running out of ideas.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    iamica wrote:
    I think they should probably just end the series. It really went downhill after season 3. Once the female characters all start getting pregnant, you know the writers are running out of ideas.

just kill off pam and the show would be fine. she is the worst
  • hahaha i loved kevin in the last episode

and creed is hilarious

yeah pam pisses me off now , so does jim with all the baby bull
    it was pretty funny to see Ricky Gervais, I'll have to check out the UK version now.

I loved Oscar's scrabble stress :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    iamica wrote:

just kill off pam and the show would be fine. she is the worst

most marriages end within the first year after having a kid. that combined with working literally 2 feet away from each other every day should cause friction in their marriage. the show should exploit that and make them go through a divorce/seperation. that could make for some funny/uncomfortable situations. they won't though.

as much as it sucks, i understand why the show went the direction they did with jim and pam. you have to appeal to a mass audiences to get ratings and ultimately stay on the air. weddings/romances/kids are usually ratings gold because they reel in the chick demographic.

as great as the office is/was, it could have been so much better on cable.

off the top of my head the only show on broadcast network that succeeded without any of that mushy stuff was seinfeld. i'm sure there's others though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    hahaha i loved kevin in the last episode

and creed is hilarious

it was pretty funny to see Ricky Gervais, I'll have to check out the UK version now.

yeah the scrabble thing was funny. i like gabe's character. what a weirdo. at the end when andy gave his girl (cant think of her name right now) a copy of shrek 2 ("there's a second shrek?" :lol: ).....he just says something under his breath like "oh, haha, what a nice guy...." :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hahaha i loved kevin in the last episode

and creed is hilarious

yeah the scrabble thing was funny. i like gabe's character. what a weirdo. at the end when andy gave his girl (cant think of her name right now) a copy of shrek 2 ("there's a second shrek?" :lol: ).....he just says something under his breath like "oh, haha, what a nice guy...." :lol:

erin? i don't know about her...she can be annoying but funny sometimes

gabe is hilarious! especially when he dressed up as Lady Gaga :lol:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I think it has been pretty strong so far this season. I'd kinda like to see it go out on a high note after this season, but thats just not how the TV business works. Not really sure how it will work without Michael Scott...it all depends on who they replace him with.
  • I laughed at this week's episode once. One word: Creed.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014