Good home theater receivers?

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I installed a Bose surround sound system in my house during construction and the receiver played out a few weeks ago and I am in bad need of a new one but I don't want to spend Bose money for one.

I'm no audio expert, but the system I had was this..
http://www.amazon.com/Bose-LS12IIBLK-Li ... B00005UV2R

What would be some good alternate options as far receivers that could power the speakers and still be decently priced?
Those concert dvds just aren't the same anymore...I've had enough of it
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• appieappie Posts: 1,441
    I own a Harman/Kardon reciever and with a Asw speakerset with a same brand subwoofer
    Sounds realy powerfull and will blow you out off your chair...
    You best visit a audiostore and listen to a couple of sets and see what fits for you,cause we all have other wishes and needs...what one likes doesnt work for another..

Greetzz

Ps Nice avatar...its a Dutch kid........... 8-) ......
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • well i want to blown out of my chair so maybe that's what i need to look at....pretty expensive though aren't they? I am hoping to get away with maybe spending $300 or so

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    http://www.crutchfield.com/g_10420/Rece ... han+%24300

if you find one you like, you can always shop around the web for a better price.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    well i want to blown out of my chair so maybe that's what i need to look at....pretty expensive though aren't they? I am hoping to get away with maybe spending $300 or so

Its expensive but it last for years....last week a broke all my dishes when i play it loud...just saw it when the music was turnt off...i not heared it fallin down..i even broke my neighbours painting on the wall
    I think its hard to find a good set for 300 dollars to be honnest.....Maybe an audiostore have second-hand sets?
    The good audiostores overhere do....just check it out..
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • 81 wrote:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/g_10420/Receivers.html?tp=179&nvpair=FFPrice_Range|[rank1]Less+than+$300

if you find one you like, you can always shop around the web for a better price.
    Ok...maybe a dumb question...but on a couple of those it says 75watts x 5 for example...what exactly does that mean?

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    5 channells, 75 watts each.

(front L & R, rear L & R, and center). generally you want your speakers and the equiptment powering them to be in teh same range. ie you don't want to power 100 watt speakers with a 200 watt amp. you also want to match up your ohms. RMS watts is the number you want to look at as well. forget peak numbers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    5 channels of output( stereo=2) each channel has 75 watt of power...
    5.1 means 5 channels + a sub channels(=1)
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
    http://www.crutchfield.com/Learn/learni ... ivers.html

worth reading.....

you can typically pick stuff up new stuff on ebay for 20% (or more) less, but crutchfield is a great place to shop for electronics.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Go with Denon ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Panasonic!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    coachchris wrote:
    Go with Denon ;)

I own a Denon and LOVE it, but at $300 his price range will not make owning a Denon possible.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    anybody have a sound bar?

i'm looking for this type of thing for the living room (basement has the bigger screen/surround sound shit). just looking to enhance the living room experience a tad.

liked the harman/kardon one at best buy tonight...but i don't like how it doesn't come with a remote. you have synch it up with the one you already have. i have heard that can be a nuisance.

any suggestions? just looking to spend up to the $500-$600 range. nothing too crazy...
    chinese-happy.jpg