Options

Ohhh Canada 2008?

pignottspignotts Posts: 46
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Hoping for some canadian dates...anyone else with me on this?!?! A Buffalo date would be great as well, just not Darien Lake...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Fingers crossed for something in Toronto or Buffalo here...I think there is a chance we get a Toronto and/or Montreal show...wouldn't hold out too much hope that they'll be anything extensive throughout Canada though - 05' wasn't that long ago and it is an election year in the big bad USA
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    Although Canada is getting a couple dates on the EV tour (and I'm going!!!) it would be awesome to see a few shows scattered across our beautiful country. Being the second largest country in the world (sq kms) it'd be great to not have to travel thousands of miles to see a show! Edmonton or Calgary would be PERFECT... I might be able to swing a quick Toronto trip... and although extremely unlikely, Vancouver would work for me too! Basically, please play Canada!!!!!!!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    Oh yeah I want it too!

Please Tour in Eastern Canada........Montreal to St-John's again!
  • Options
    squidsquid Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Posts: 85
    Western Canada would be great!! We will show PJ a warm welcome!
  • Options
    ramborambo Posts: 170
    ya eastern canada!! halifax and st.john's included!!!!
    st. john's newfoundland, sept 24/2005
    st. john's newfoundland, sept. 25/2005
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling that we won't get any shows this summer.

q
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 841
    anything within 6 hours driving distance, I'll be there...who knows how many more opportunities we will get.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'd love some Canadian dates, specifically some Eastern Canadian locations such as Montreal/Halifax/St. Johns.
  • Options
    SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    i dont want to drive to buffalo

pearl jam was one of the first bands to capitalize on that being able to sell out cities in eastern canada, why would they stop now with a shitty u.s. dollar?
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i would be happy with some western dates, canada or not....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling that we won't get any shows this summer.

q

Pretty much have the same feeling here! When they decided to do 2 X Toronto in 2006 and leave Montreal aside.......I pretty much felt 2005 was the last time we would see them in Eastern Canada.

It pisses me off to think this could be true.....let's hope I am wrong
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    I would be very surprised if they didn't play Toronto if they do go on tour. Canada always shown PJ love when they come up here.
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    Obsidian22Obsidian22 Posts: 298
    Happy Spring everyone! I think they will stop by for a while to play our glorious land. They opened their 2006 tour in Toronto. Awsome show.
    I think most U.S. acts love to play in Canada.
    As long as they play in the Summer of Fall. We still have 6 weeks of winter weather to contend with here.Damn!
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,846
    an atlantic canadian jam would be sweet this '08! :)
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Oh Canada! Please Play Canada!
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    Jam10 wrote:
    Oh Canada! Please Play Canada!

I second that!!
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    kent_fkent_f Posts: 28
    I would be ecstatic if Pearl Jam announced another Canadian tour. Hell, they don't even need to come to Saskatchewan. Hit Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg...I'm willing to drive.

A Toronto date would be ideal as well, I could visit my girlfriend who's on internship and check out PJ. Two birds, one stone.
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    i'm kind of surprised there was no Toronto dates.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    ditto

a summer PJ show would have been great

"we'll cross the border for you anytime" - June 28, 2003

that show was quite the experience
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    I'd love to see them in Canada again but fuck 'em. If they won't come to me, i'll go to them ;)
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I'd love to see them in Canada again but fuck 'em. If they won't come to me, i'll go to them ;)

Ditto :D

I think I am hitting the Big Apple :D
  • Options
    Ditto :D

I think I am hitting the Big Apple :D

ME TOOOOO!!!! :D:D
    I'm to find someone to travel with!
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Canada's like your Grandmothers attic you know!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    ME TOOOOO!!!! :D:D
    I'm to find someone to travel with!

Shouldn't be a problem!!