Options

Greatest guitar solo ever

13»

Comments

• Options
    Horos wrote:
    Explosion
    Who does this?

My apologies, a reuinion with a friend I haven't seen for 5 years and a disgusting number of white russians should have put Eruption by Van Halen not Explosion. I will edit the original post. :oops:
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    DewieCox wrote:
    Time

A great solo for sure, and imo the perfect tone as well.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of Gilmour on this list. His fingers may not fly over the fretboard, but he knows which notes to play.

My two favorite guitar solos are "Comfortably Numb" and its spiritual little brother (or ripoff if you prefer), Porcupine Tree's "Dark Matter."
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    DocChicago wrote:
    I've seen a lot of Gilmour on this list. His fingers may not fly over the fretboard, but he knows which notes to play.

My two favorite guitar solos are "Comfortably Numb" and its spiritual little brother (or ripoff if you prefer), Porcupine Tree's "Dark Matter."
    Back in the 80s I read a quote from Gilmour that some something to the effect that he plays one or two notes where alot of guys are trying to play ten or twenty. Quality not quantity.
    #FHP
  • Options
    The empty spaces...the notes not played are what make his solos above and beyond anyone else
    was it?....