Golden Globes

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I didn't do too bad.
    I miss igotid88
  • It was always going to be a choice between 'Social Network' and 'Inception' for best picture. 'Toy Story 3' is a fantastic film that will be very much loved for many years to come but it is not in the same artistic calibre as the aforementioned movies.

My personal choice would have been 'Inception' and also for best soundtrack but it wasn't eligable for the award.

Colin Firth was an easy choice I think because it really is a fantastic performance along with Geoffery Rush.

'Black Swan', 'True Grit' and 'The Fighter' have yet to open in the UK so I cannot comment on those yet but i'm looking forward to all 3.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 wrote:
    i usual like his asshole jokes... but that was a stupid way to end the show

the ashton kutcher joke was hilarious tho :lol:

why? everyone thanks God. It's something I've always wanted to say if I were to accept an award.
    the timing was just bad... and the joke is just kind of cliche... not that i have a problem with the sentiment

athletes thank god... most of hollywood is atheist/non practicing... you don't need to add anymore hollywood elitism to that douchey crowd

gervais just didn't know his audience... in the room or across the country... which is sometimes hilarious (norm macdonald at the bob saget roast), but this time just pretty abrasive

i thought gervaise was funny all night. loved the awkwardness in the room. the tom hanks/tim allen intro was real funny. you could tell tim allen was pissed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i just watched all the Gervais clips from the globes on youtube... i have to say if Robert Downey Jr and others like Tim Allen don't get the joke then they need to lighten the fuck up a bit..

this kind of 'comedy roast' is a staple of our UK award shows... its taken as fun and as a bit of a comedic slanging match... Downey Jr, Bruce Willis and Tim Allen just don't have the wit to come up with something back at him so they just moan.

he's a great comedian... :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    dunkman wrote:
    i just watched all the Gervais clips from the globes on youtube... i have to say if Robert Downey Jr and others like Tim Allen don't get the joke then they need to lighten the fuck up a bit..

this kind of 'comedy roast' is a staple of our UK award shows... its taken as fun and as a bit of a comedic slanging match... Downey Jr, Bruce Willis and Tim Allen just don't have the wit to come up with something back at him so they just moan.

+1

I thought Johnny Depp was going to kill him.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    He was great as usual, spot on

and you might like his movie Ghost Town :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5SYnbz7wgU
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dunkman wrote:

Did you see his interview on Conan a few days before the Golden Globes?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    anyone catch that quick glimpse of jennifer love hewitt?

yummy :D

now those are some Golden Globes if you know what i mean :D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I love how R Gervais doesn't worry about offending people!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Applause for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for Social Network score.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I love how R Gervais doesn't worry about offending people!

I thought Gervais was awesome too. He is, in fact, the only reason I watched any of the GG. I dvr'd it and fast-forwarded through most of the ceremony :roll: ;):D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    he was good at the Piers Morgan show.
    I miss igotid88
    Ricky Gervais is back as host
    Here are me picks
    http://www.abrahamesparza.com/2012/01/a ... wards.html
    I miss igotid88
    I'm slacking on my award movies this year. I'll check it out tonight.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • im clueless this year, for one, the globes are later this year than they have been in my memory, and second, my town and maybe elsewhere, has been really lazy and slow about bringing the "big" films out. usually late december is when the critically loved movies come out, but my town just got the iron lady the other day, we still havent gotten to see the decendents, or the artist, we need to talk about kevin, or albert nobbs.

Last year was pretty straightforward. i wanted toy story 3 to win. with christian bale getting supporting actor, colin forth best actor, natalie portman for best actress.

this year, i havent gotten to see many of the nominated films, and second, their seems to be less a consensus on winners, beyond Meryl Streep for best actress.
    im clueless this year, for one, the globes are later this year than they have been in my memory, and second, my town and maybe elsewhere, has been really lazy and slow about bringing the "big" films out. usually late december is when the critically loved movies come out, but my town just got the iron lady the other day, we still havent gotten to see the decendents, or the artist, we need to talk about kevin, or albert nobbs.

Last year was pretty straightforward. i wanted toy story 3 to win. with christian bale getting supporting actor, colin forth best actor, natalie portman for best actress.

this year, i havent gotten to see many of the nominated films, and second, their seems to be less a consensus on winners, beyond Meryl Streep for best actress.

The Globes have always been around this time
    I miss igotid88
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm looking forward to the monolog ... he's funny! :D
  • Im sorry...
    I thought this thread was about Jennifer Aniston....

Carry on....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Im sorry...
    I thought this thread was about Jennifer Aniston....

Carry on....
    :lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • igotid88 wrote:
    im clueless this year, for one, the globes are later this year than they have been in my memory, and second, my town and maybe elsewhere, has been really lazy and slow about bringing the "big" films out. usually late december is when the critically loved movies come out, but my town just got the iron lady the other day, we still havent gotten to see the decendents, or the artist, we need to talk about kevin, or albert nobbs.

The Globes have always been around this time

if im not mistaken, they usually are around dec 17 or dec 15th or so, maybe im wrong. but i always remember it was before christmas. before the new year. almost a month difference.

edit, you are right. thats weird. i have december 17th and golden globes stamped in my brain though. must be that i associate the nominations being announced and confuse it with the award ceremony itself.

odd
    Women looking hot
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    igotid88 wrote:
    Women looking hot

+1 except for Tilda Swinton (aka David Bowie :lol: ). Glad The Artist did well. :D and Ricky Gervais was pretty good
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to host 2013!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/tina-fey-amy-p ... 03258.html
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Newch91 wrote:

tumblr_mbylehQXNP1ru3ibuo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mbylehQXNP1ru3ibuo2_250.gif
    norm wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

tumblr_mbylehQXNP1ru3ibuo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mbylehQXNP1ru3ibuo2_250.gif
    :lol::lol: :thumbup: It's going to be awesome.
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Now it's time for Amy Poehler to stand up on stage and say, "And the golden globe goes to...MEEEEE!!" Seriously, how has Parks and Rec been ignored by the awards shows?! How did Amy not win an emmy for this gem?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8l_PI ... re=related
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    starting off great
    I miss igotid88
  • Film-lincoln

musical-les mis

Actor_DDL

Actress-Chastain

Actor musical-bradley cooper or Hugh jackman

actress musical-jennifer lawrence

best tv show-breaking bad

supporting actress anne hathaway

diretor-spielberg