Options

Oasis minus Noel Gallagher equals Beady Eye

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited April 2013 in Other Music
http://www.beadyeyemusic.co.uk/news.php

download their first single, Bring The Light, for FREE!!
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Interesting. I think it's gonna take me awhile to digest this. I actually really like Oasis.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    actually it is liam gallagher. noel is off doing his own thing.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    I love Oasis, and most of the stuff they've done, but that new Beady Eye song is fucking awful. Noel must be laughing his head off.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Edved82 wrote:
    I love Oasis, and most of the stuff they've done, but that new Beady Eye song is fucking awful. Noel must be laughing his head off.

IMO it's not awful, but it sure isn't the quality I hoped for. :|
    I think it's funny how Liam says that he thinks that Noel's gonna come running back to the band after he hears their music. Noel doesn't care, he's got a lot of potential as a solo artist. I just hope he releases a solo album in the near future, because I can't wait.

Oasis was awesome.

Beady Eye will be good.

Noel solo will be awesome.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    craigb wrote:
    Edved82 wrote:

I think it's funny how Liam says that he thinks that Noel's gonna come running back to the band after he hears their music. Noel doesn't care, he's got a lot of potential as a solo artist. I just hope he releases a solo album in the near future, because I can't wait.

Oasis was awesome.

Beady Eye will be good.

I dont intend to give Liam any of my money. From what I've read, he is the reason that Oasis played the same 12 songs for the last 15 years. Noel was all the talent. I didnt become a fan until I saw MTV Unplugged with Noel fronting the band and Liam sitting in a box. I cant wait for Noel's solo stuff. Unfortunately it doesnt sound like he's working on anything at the moment.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    that's why I put oasis MINUS Noel equals beady eye.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    last I read Noel said he was stepping away from the biz for a while to concentrate on this family. He said to not expect anything new from him for a couple years.

he has a live album on iTunes though.
    craigb wrote:
    Edved82 wrote:

Oasis was awesome.

Beady Eye will be good.

I dont intend to give Liam any of my money. From what I've read, he is the reason that Oasis played the same 12 songs for the last 15 years. Noel was all the talent. I didnt become a fan until I saw MTV Unplugged with Noel fronting the band and Liam sitting in a box. I cant wait for Noel's solo stuff. Unfortunately it doesnt sound like he's working on anything at the moment.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    OOPS lol...sorry PD, .i thought is was oasis HYPHEN noel gallagher lol...my bad...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Saw Oasis on their Canadian tour, was a decent set. Met Liam briefly, was actually a decent guy... Though I think Noel really is the talent.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    just listened to it. wow. sounds very buddy holly. I just picture a room full of mop tops doing the twist to this song.

odd.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    fixed! ;)
    Paul David wrote:
    OOPS lol...sorry PD, .i thought is was oasis HYPHEN noel gallagher lol...my bad...
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    lol thanks...

• Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    craigb wrote:
    Oasis was awesome.

Beady Eye will be good.

Totally agree with this assessment.

I actually think Beady Eye will be awesome live - looking forward to some UK dates early 2011.

Also 7 inch single is available on site - limited to 4000 copies worldwide.

Can't wait for Noel's solo project though! ......
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    its not bad, but its not too good either
    the music is monotonous IMHO
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    Have you ever seen a more miserable & ugly bunch of wankers in your life. A load of bollocks that will be hyped to the max & the poor blind sheep will follow.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    so you judge their music on their appearance? and no, I'll only be interested in the music if it's actually good.
    BALLBOY wrote:
    Have you ever seen a more miserable & ugly bunch of wankers in your life. A load of bollocks that will be hyped to the max & the poor blind sheep will follow.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Wow what a piece of crap single... :sick:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Is that live Noel record any good? I want to pick it up.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    yeah, I was just listening to it yesterday. I didn't realize you can get a physical copy (from eBay). I bought it digitally off iTunes. good stuff.
    Is that live Noel record any good? I want to pick it up.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    so Noel was the heart and brains of oasis and Liam just the face? I never really listened to them.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Noel wrote everything up until the second last record, where Liam wrote I think two songs and the bassist wrote one. On the last record Liam's contribution was a bit more, but Noel is clearly the main contributor of Oasis, so this Beady Eye should be very interesting.

I don't even know why Noel put up with Liam's BS for so long. His singing is just as good.
    arq wrote:
    so Noel was the heart and brains of oasis and Liam just the face? I never really listened to them.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    I don't even know why Noel put up with Liam's BS for so long. His singing is just as good.

+1 i know little about oasis but that one thing i did know!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    damn shame
    another band that cant focus on the music
    which is what made them rich and popular

its the combination, Noel's music and Liam's vocals

put it aside mates and share that magic with the world
    Ive never understood why bands fuck with a formula that works

thank god EV doesnt have the ego that liam does
  • Options
    it's actually growing on me! but I guess.....so does fungus........ :lol:
    arq wrote:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Paul David wrote:
    it's actually growing on me! but I guess.....so does fungus........ :lol:
    arq wrote:
    :D
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Their latest single/video "Four Letter Word" which IMO is way better than "Bring The Light"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkU_rAzdlKk
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Just listened to both of them for the first time. I loved Oasis, but I figured Beady Eye would suck since the only thing Liam had ever written which I liked was "Songbird."

"Bring the Light" is wretched.

"Four Letter Word" may be a ripoff of "Fade Away" but it's actually pretty good.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Agreed - this song is MUCH better.

(saying that Bring The Light is a grower, and works brilliantly when Sky Sports use it over footy highlights! :D )

I am really excited about Beady Eye. I think the live shows in a few weeks will be Mega and can't wait for the album.

Whatever you think of Liam he is one of the few grade 'A" bona fide Rock Stars of the last 20 years. Coupled with in essence the rest of Oasis minus Noel - what's not to like!
  • Options
    anyone have the b-sides that you could only get on those limited vinyl singles that are now going for ridiculous sums of cash on eBay?

Sons of the Stage
    World Outside My Room
    Two of a Kind
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Get_Right wrote:
    damn shame
    another band that cant focus on the music
    which is what made them rich and popular

its the combination, Noel's music and Liam's vocals

put it aside mates and share that magic with the world
    Ive never understood why bands fuck with a formula that works

thank god EV doesnt have the ego that liam does
    +1. Oasis were one of the best live bands I've seen.
    That new song :sick: If they were a support act I'd be in the bar.