Options

Throw us a bone already

58823005882300 Posts: 813
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Come on 10c at least give us a yes or no for a tour this year. If there is no tour I can start using my vacation days otherwise I have to be a grinch with them and not go anywhere. Say yes and I will save them all, say no and off she goes!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    My local paper here in minneapolis said it looks like they may possibly be playing during both the democratic and republican national conventions during the last week of august in denver and the 1st week of sept. in minneapolis.
    Rage against the machine and green day are possibly playing their own shows these same weeks.They are to coincide with the conventions.Kinda looks like the vote for change shows in 2004.

I already put in for this time off from work back at the beginning of this month,since i work in st.paul,and i don't wanna be down in st.paul the week the convention is going on.It will be crazy and alot of roads will be closed around the xcel center.

I would take this time off,as my local paper music critic is almost always right with his info.He is in touch with all the music venues and the promoters and he gets his info from them.He's been our music critic since the 70's,so he has all kinds of sources.
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    5882300 wrote:
    Come on 10c at least give us a yes or no for a tour this year. If there is no tour I can start using my vacation days otherwise I have to be a grinch with them and not go anywhere. Say yes and I will save them all, say no and off she goes!

This will never happen. I learned a long time ago to check back everyday. I'm on the east coast, so I look in the am when I get up, the pm when I get home and check again sometimes before bed. Get used to it. I think announcements tend to come on Tuesdays a lot but not always. To be safe I say save some vacation days. I don't think there will be a huge tour. Maybe a few shows, and you may need days for traveling time. I'm going to Florida for a week in May, then I put in for Bonnaroo just in case. My work place is flexible, I can always change. I saved plenty of days for short drives and I can take 1/2 days if need be. Always be prepared!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    I was also thinking they would do a small tour as well. I live in Denver now so if they play here for the convention that would be all right with me. I am just wishing out loud hoping they would give us some info. I don't even need locations, just approximate time frame would be great.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    just me, but i dont think a tour is gonna happen this year.

i think next studio album will be released early next year, then a tour.
  • Options
    Doodah972Doodah972 Posts: 146
    im sure they will play a couple of shows, especially since it is election year.....and luv2rock was the paper the pioneer press or the star-tribune?...i was wondering because i live in the twin cities also...yea, i bet st. paul is gonna be a bitch to get around in during the week of the republican convention.
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • Options
    a bone? lol. got a better chance of Bush bringing the troops home.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    it being an election year, Im thinking a VFC kind of thing might happen.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    5882300 wrote:
    agree....throw the brother a bone......shit....."busy year" end of Jan????
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG