Options

Song Order on IPOD

bearfoot61bearfoot61 Posts: 119
edited December 2010 in The Porch
Does anyone know why downloaded albums on IPOD don't play in the order they were originally created and how to make them play in the correct order. On some albums, Into the Wild, for example, there is a definite order to the songs that tell a story.
You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Go to the song info and edit the track number on each song. Good luck. :)
  • Options
    On the IPod device itself, or in ITunes?
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Also: make sure that iTunes has the tracks listed in order on your library. If not, then they may be organized based on song length or rating or something.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    DE483 wrote:
    Go to the song info and edit the track number on each song. Good luck. :)

What he said.... to do this, right click on a track and select "Get Info"...

In there you edit change song info...i.e. track name, album name, artist name, edit artwork, etc...

From the sounds of it, you very well may have to do this with the entire album(s).

Good luck!
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    i have a fake Ipod :lol: but i had the same prob and its pretty annoying - so i had to go through and re-name everything with the track number in front of the song title. Sometimes these devices that are supposed to make life easier can be very frustrating.....i dont like technology......take me back to 1991 please! :lol:
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Make all your changes in itunes and then syn the ipod. Should work fine. Just time consuming.