Options

Ironic...

demaydemay Posts: 67
edited February 2008 in The Porch
It's just a bit ironic that Eddie does a soundtrack to a movie about burning all your money and he's charging 65 dollars for his solo tour. I know, I know, small venue, supply and demand..., whatever. I never paid that much to see Pearl Jam...4 more musicians. Or maybe he's bringing along some guests?

Hope the money goes to charity or something.

dd
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i don't see what's ironic, i think $65 is peanuts to see eddie vedder live
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Been reading the posts? People are dealing with serious money issues. It's causing some people some serious stress..overdrawn accounts, incorrect charges, etc. All concerns are about money, or, living with less money than they thought. All this started over a concert featuring music from a movie about living with nearly zero money and the happiness one finds.

So, you can say it's a bargain to see one person play his songs. Jeff Tweedy is a far more accomplished solo artist, when he plays solo, but does not charge 65 dollars for his show.

Whether or not you feel it's worth the price of the ticket, you gotta say that's it's a bit ironic...all this fuss over money.
  • Options
    That is categorically NOT irony.
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, you can burn your money before going into the show.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Demay...Rumors have it that Sean Penn didn't pay Eddie anything for the OST.
    so Ed has to make some money some how. :p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    well, that explains some and makes sense. thanks. it's still a bit of a contrast, though.
  • Options
    MalMal Posts: 71
    Demay.....wow these people have real money problems huh?
    Maybe they should concentrate on other aspects of their lives as opposed to traveling around buying concert tickets. Some people need to have priorities. It's about as Ironic as Alanis Morissettes song Ironic is. If you cant afford the tickets, don't buy them. Simple. I dont wanna hear people complain about how much tickets cost. Times are changing. Prices are going up. Eddie doesnt charge anything for the tickets. I think it's safe to say that Eddies' people need to "charge" that much to cover all the costs to put the shows on.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Ironic? you mean like, "It's like raaaaaa-eeeee-ain... on a rainy day"?
    That kind of ironic?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    yikes...i forgot how hostile it gets down here. I understand economics, folks. Believe me. don't worry, I'm not paying for the ticket. I've been around pearl jam for a long time now, (i just don't post often), and i'm pretty sure i'd enjoy a pj show more than an ev show.

it's okay, it's okay, all these pierced arrows into my post tell me to stop. no problem. see y'all later.

...it's still ironic.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Ironic? you mean like, "It's like raaaaaa-eeeee-ain... on a rainy day"?
    That kind of ironic?

i hate to say this but I know the lyric....."raiiiian...on your wedding day"....which is not ironic either...just a bummer.....hahahahah
  • Options
    bacchanal wrote:
    i hate to say this but I know the lyric....."raiiiian...on your wedding day"....which is not ironic either...just a bummer.....hahahahah
    Yeah... but, I like my lyrics better... makes you smile, don't it?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    demay wrote:
    yikes...i forgot how hostile it gets down here. I understand economics, folks. Believe me. don't worry, I'm not paying for the ticket. I've been around pearl jam for a long time now, (i just don't post often), and i'm pretty sure i'd enjoy a pj show more than an ev show.

it's okay, it's okay, all these pierced arrows into my post tell me to stop. no problem. see y'all later.

...it's still ironic.
    Actually.. it's because of the scale. Put Ed in a 12,000 seat Irvine Meadows and the ticket prices per unit decrease. Put Ed in your living room with 10 people and you are splitting the costs of the tour between 10 people.
    Besides... you don't know... maybe Ed might like to tour for free... but, I don't think the road crew or the venues would agree.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    jesus, 65 is prety cheap.

inflation is a bitch
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    MrSmith wrote:
    jesus, 65 is prety cheap.

inflation is a bitch

agreed, the price of gas alone for ......how many trucks and buses.

but still, while i half agree with the thread starter that it is ironic, my better half thinks he is a troll with only 9 posts, but ( a big fan that never posts )
    trying to start shit, or somoene from another PJ board.

anyway, i think he is gone. kinda ..........ironic , dont ya think?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    bacchanal wrote:
    as they said in i love the 90s on vh1 (Yes, i have no life)

"Thats not ironic, that just sucks. What would be ironic is if u had ur wedding in a dry area with little rain to avoid that possibility, and THEN it rained.
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    McJuicy wrote:
    i don't see what's ironic, i think $65 is peanuts to see eddie vedder live

compared to what I'm about to shell out to see Roger waters, $65 bucks for Ed solo is a deal. But I do agree in general that concerts are going up and concert going is an addiction to me so guess I got to deal with it. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12