Options

why do we buy pj lps?

veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
edited January 2008 in The Porch
i own a record player but i must admit i don't play lps very often. but when i do play it it's cool to hold a big album cover in my hands. everything big pj is great!
2000 Ljubljana
2006 Vienna, Zagreb
2007 Munich
2009 Berlin
2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
2019 EV Firenze
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I don't have a record player anymore, but I still have a lot of my vinyl. Just can't seem to part with it, especially my Kids Are Alright double album. It's all worn and torn and just so cozy to pull out on occassion - just to look at it.

Hell, I've had that sucker for so long, I used to clean my pot in it. :) And I haven't smoked pot in YEARS. :D
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I buy vinyl for the superior sound. I have a large collection of records and play them all the time.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    NeilJam wrote:
    I buy vinyl for the superior sound. I have a large collection of records and play them all the time.

me too. mp3 crap hurts my ears.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    what player do you guys have? i have an old garrard but i don't know which model, and on top of that i broke the needle... i am also thinking of buying a new, modern player with digital outputs... any suggestions?

here's my player: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1071/955217088_4543220c8e.jpg?v=0

can you post a photo of your audio set?:)
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    mine is a sony with basic audio connections. i have it plugged into a sony receiver. sounds awesome.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I don't have a record player anymore, but I still have a lot of my vinyl. Just can't seem to part with it, especially my Kids Are Alright double album. It's all worn and torn and just so cozy to pull out on occassion - just to look at it.

Hell, I've had that sucker for so long, I used to clean my pot in it. :) And I haven't smoked pot in YEARS. :D

LOL :D Yes, I remember the days of cleaning pot on album covers.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    I got a denon turntable its in use at least 5 hrs. a day
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    vedderman wrote:

can you post a photo of your audio set?:)
    My Technics MK2, love it!
    BTW, thats Billy Joels Innocent Man playing.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/waybri/001.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i buy vinyl cuz i love the sound love the effect love the mood. Benaroya sounds SPECTACULAR just like aNiMaL hadd told me years ago!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    A lot of you people buy Pearl Jam vinyl because you like the sound.

But it is a fact that most people are under the spell Eddie Vedder cast upon Pearl Jam fans over a decade ago (see: Spin the Black Circle, Vitalogy) that vinyl is where it's at. Little do they know that Eddie Vedder's music collection is all on mp3s in his ipod I always see him with. He sold his records on ebay and everyone complained that he was ripping off Pearl Jam fans.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,468
    xkevvx wrote:
    A lot of you people buy Pearl Jam vinyl because you like the sound.

But it is a fact that most people are under the spell Eddie Vedder cast upon Pearl Jam fans over a decade ago (see: Spin the Black Circle, Vitalogy) that vinyl is where it's at. Little do they know that Eddie Vedder's music collection is all on mp3s in his ipod I always see him with. He sold his records on ebay and everyone complained that he was ripping off Pearl Jam fans.

Oh brother.

Ive had vinyl since before pearl jam was even a band.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Oh brother.

Ive had vinyl since before pearl jam was even a band.

Ok, so you fall into that "A lot of you people buy Pearl Jam vinyl because you like the sound." category I mentioned...
  • Options
    Clearly.

But I just have an issue with the other thing you said.....
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Fine, but do you SERIOUSLY not think Pearl Jam's opinion on vinyl has ANYTHING to do with some people's opinion of it?
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    Fine, but do you SERIOUSLY not think Pearl Jam's opinion on vinyl has ANYTHING to do with some people's opinion of it?

It probaboly does for some. And theres nothing wrong with that. Its fine that Pearl Jam/Ed got to introduce some people to vinyl.

My anut made these cookies for me over Christmas, and I got the recipie from her, and I made them.

I guess Im just a follower, under the spell of what is cool....where its at...

Those cookies are really where its at.

Who really cares who introduced who to what?

So what of some fan heard Vitalogy on vinyl and thought it was cool. They opened themselves up to a whole new world of sound.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.