Meeting Stone Gossard

CF181594CF181594 Posts: 73
edited November 2010 in The Porch
On October 13th I had the pleasure of finally meeting Stone when he was on tour with Brad. They came to St. Louis with Band of Horses and before the show they did a free set at Vintage Vinyl. They sung four songs and then signed autographs. The guys were all great but meeting Stone was an amazing moment. Stone was super nice and gracious. He and they guys signed my vinyl of their new album "Best Friends" and Stone was nice enough to sign my 2003 Pearl Jam poster from St. Louis. He even commented about the poster and about how much fun it is to see all of the different posters from over the years.

The true highlight for me was when my 13 year old niece met Stone. She was so nervous and Stone was so nice to her. Over the past year I have made her a huge fan of Pearl jam and was able to take her to her first PJ show back in May when they came to St. Louis. It was so cool to see her excitement as she met Stone. The whole way home she could not stop talking about the fact that she just met Stone. I just want to say how nice of a man Stone is and to say thank you Stone for the happiness you brought to my niece on that day.

Chris
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I was standing in line next to you man. They're all just a bunch of nice dudes.

Chris-
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Nice story.
  • I also just bought her a membership to the ten club for Christmas along with a mystery bag. Should be a good Christmas for her.
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Cute story, Stone is the man.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • InHerOwnWorldInHerOwnWorld Posts: 592
    edited December 2010
    Awww I was there too. I got my picture with him. He was such a gentlemen. :D
    Post edited by InHerOwnWorld on
  • Got to meet Stone last year. The guy is a legend.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Awww I was there too. I got my picture with him. He was such a gentlemen. :D

6joqs9.jpg

Great pic...He's a great guy and it was great to see me niece meeting him. She was on cloud nine.
  • CF181594 wrote:
    Awww I was there too. I got my picture with him. He was such a gentlemen. :D

6joqs9.jpg

Great pic...He's a great guy and it was great to see me niece meeting him. She was on cloud nine.

That's so awesome. :)