Options

'Into The Wild' DVD Features

Darth IsmaDarth Isma Posts: 15
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I'm very disappointed with the features included in the 'Into the Wild' (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) DVD:

- Two documentaries
- Theatrical trailer

That's it.

And why no Eddie Vedder on the DVD? I would've expected that great Charlie Rose interview with Sean Penn and Ed... Or at least the "Guaranteed" music video.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Lame-O.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Lame-O.

yeah, i was hoping for maybe a great interview with Ed at the very least.

ya know? maybe about how much the book and movie inspired him blah blah blah, and some insight into the process of making this record.

anywho, just wait for the super duper extended ultra cool limited edition dirctors cut to come out and maybe there will be something on that. : )
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Darth Isma wrote:
    I'm very disappointed with the features included in the 'Into the Wild' (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) DVD:

- Two documentaries
    - Theatrical trailer

That's it.

And why no Eddie Vedder on the DVD? I would've expected that great Charlie Rose interview with Sean Penn and Ed... Or at least the "Guaranteed" music video.

Are you sure that's it?? According to the site:

Itw: The Story, The Characters
    Itw: The Experience
    Theatrical Trailer

Maybe the music is covered under "The Experience"??
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Ok...just did a search and found the following review...next time look before you leap! ;)

Disc one contains previews for the current or upcoming releases of The Kite Runner, Beowulf, Margot at the Wedding, and There Will Be Blood.

Surprisingly, even though there is a second disc of supplements, they’re rather light.

“Into the Wild: The Story, The Characters” is a 21 ¾-minute overview of the original nonfiction book by Jon Krakauer (who is interviewed for the featurette) and also features director Sean Penn and actors Emile Hirsch, Hal Holbrook, William Hurt, Marcia Gay Harden, and Jena Malone talking about their participation in the movie. It’s in nonanamorphic letterbox.

“Into the Wild: The Experience” goes more into the eight month location filming process featuring interviews with the movie’s costume designer, art director, cinematographer, and song writer (Eddie Vedder who composes a couple of original tunes for the movie) about their contributions to the film. The 17-minute featurette is presented in nonanamorphic letterbox.

The original theatrical trailer is presented as a bonus feature, and it runs 2½ minutes in anamorphic widescreen

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/sd-dvd-film-documentary/269491-htf-dvd-review-into-wild-two-disc-collectors-edition.html

• Options
    "Into the Wild: The Experience” goes more into the eight month location filming process featuring interviews with the movie’s costume designer, art director, cinematographer, and song writer (Eddie Vedder who composes a couple of original tunes for the movie) about their contributions to the film. The 17-minute featurette is presented in nonanamorphic letterbox.

Yeah, thanks. I knew that. But that's exactly what I meant, I don't think they will talk too much about the music on a 17-minute featurette.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Darth Isma wrote:
    Yeah, thanks. I knew that. But that's exactly what I meant, I don't think they will talk too much about the music on a 17-minute featurette.

its still better than nothing.

thanks AmentsChick : )
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Is this already out in stores?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Is this already out in stores?
    It's released on Tuesday
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    same goes with the hd version .. http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Paramount/Street_Date_Changes/Paramount_Delays_Into_the_Wild,_Things_We_Lost_in_the_Fire_HD_DVDs/1353

hopefully in the next few months .. the blu-ray version will included more added material. including ed's video.
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:

Exactly!!

And, you're totally welcome!

• Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    i thought it didnt come out till tuesday
  • Options
    Darth Isma wrote:

- Two documentaries
    - Theatrical trailer

That's it.

Who cares?
  • Options
    CanadianEHCanadianEH Posts: 134
    the wolf wrote:

Sometimes I wish I was Jeff Ament!
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    eyecanwalk wrote:
    i thought it didnt come out till tuesday
    if you go to the right stores, they will already have it, i just bought no country for old men on friday and it doesnt officially come out until 3/11...they had into the wild, but just the normal version, not the two disc set so ill wait for that until tuesday..
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • Options
    Who cares?

Well, obviously, I do… and anyone else who loved the movie and thinks that the Into The Wild DVD features are like a badly-equipped back-pack.

Anyway, the Charlie Rose interview I mentioned before was released separately on DVD if anyone is interested:

Charlie Rose - A discussion about the film "Into The Wild" (September 21, 2007)

A discussion about the film "Into The Wild" with director Sean Penn and musician Eddie Vedder, who composed the soundtrack to the film. The film tells the story of Christopher McCandless as he traveled through the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Rose-discussion-about-September/dp/B000VJLXJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205783856&sr=1-1
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    I would have loved to have a few deleted scenes..
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    Anyone who hasnt seen Into The Wild yet,and want's to watch it.Go to
    surfthechannel.com
    And watch it now for free.....It is a great story/movie!!
    Now we got a fuckin fight up here,what there's a republican in the audience,what's going on? Eddie(Randell's Island N.Y 96)