Recommend Me Some 2003 Boots

tama_drummer91tama_drummer91 Posts: 205
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Please. Ive been downloading a few today and I'm still thinking the tour kind of lacks in energy and performance wise is kind of weak. The set lists are awesome though.
My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• go prego pre Posts: 642
    east troy
    boston #3, of course
    champaign is a good rocking show with plenty of sweet covers in the encroe
    state college
    buffalo
    missoula
    mexico city
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Alpine Valley
    St. Paul
  • State College is the best boot that I have listened to from the '03 tour... don't over look MSG night 2 either...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    State College is the best boot that I have listened to from the '03 tour... don't over look MSG night 2 either...

yeah me too i was there though i might be biased ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Champagne
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Atlanta, GA 4-19-03
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • The MSG and Mansfield boots are good.. I think it's 4 total (2 nights each?), and the last Mansfield has an acoustic set.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Brisbane II
    Charlotte
    Raleigh
    New Orleans
    Uniondale
    San Antonio
    Detroit II
    MSG I
    East Troy

just to name a few of my favorites...
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • State College is the best boot that I have listened to from the '03 tour... don't over look MSG night 2 either...

So far these 2 and Tokyo are the best Ive heard from 2003. I guess I should just stick with other tours. Ive tried to understand a lot of peoples love for 2003s tour, but I only hear a few that are actually awesome shows.
  • Try the back to back Cleveland and Pittsburgh shows. There are a total of about 60 songs, only about 7 or so repeats. It's a good representation of the 2003 tour, and I was at both shows, so I can vouch for the energy level. The setlists were great. In Cleveland, Daughter was about 12 minutes long, including some awesome tags like I Am the Walrus and People Have the Power ("Cleveland has the pooooooweeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr"). In Pittsburgh, a knock down drag out version of RVM, and a beautiful Footsteps. Loved those shows.
  • Where are you getting these boots? Or, where is the best place? Thanks for any replies.
  • Where are you getting these boots? Or, where is the best place? Thanks for any replies.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213441
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • cincy.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    State College
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • I agree with original poster in that i think the energy level seems a bit weak when listening to the bootlegs. To be at a lot of the 2003 shows must've been amazing because the setlists are great and Eddie at times is very talkative. But they're definitely not as tight as any show post-2005.

Anyways, i have all the 2003 boots and these are my faves:

Tokyo
    West Palm Beach
    Nashville (this is my favourite by far; i think the band is on fire on this show)
    Lexington (again, the band is on fire)
    Uniondale - The Bu$hleaguer incident just adds to the quality of this show.
    Buffalo - Long show, Eddie in a great mood and Mike is just nuts throughout.
    Kansas City - short but sweet
    East Troy - Ed is hilarious
    Holmdel - i think this is tied with Nashville as my favourite 2003 show.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• doujodoujo Posts: 285
    The 3 boston shows. I also really like the Washington DC show. I wasn't there but the boot is awesome. Buffalo is excellent too.
  • buffalo for sure....
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    gotta check out vancouver an amazing show.
    hell even"i wont back down" is worth it
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Nashville. I went to 13 shows that tour, other than the MSG shows, this was my fav. Little Rock is good too.
    tacos
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Santa Barbara (oh wait, they never released that)
    Holmdel
    Missoula
    Philly
  • Guys Im starting to feel a little bipolar with this tour. Im listening to St Louis 2003 right now and the boys were on fire. It kills me. I cant make up my mind if I love the tour or just think of it as pretty good. I really like a few of the shows so far:

Nashville
    State College
    Buffalo
    New York 2
    Tokyo
    and St Louis has yet to be beat...not to mention it was recorded on my birthday.
  • Guys Im starting to feel a little bipolar with this tour. Im listening to St Louis 2003 right now and the boys were on fire. It kills me. I cant make up my mind if I love the tour or just think of it as pretty good. I really like a few of the shows so far:

Nashville
    State College
    Buffalo
    New York 2
    Tokyo
    and St Louis has yet to be beat...not to mention it was recorded on my birthday.

Don't beat yourself up about it; it's fine to have mixed feelings about the tour. There are some great shows, and some less than great shows. I'm happy with that. :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Don't beat yourself up about it; it's fine to have mixed feelings about the tour. There are some great shows, and some less than great shows. I'm happy with that. :)

I guess the 2005 and 2006 tour boots have spoiled me. Im going to download about 10 shows from 2003 in total, mostly based upon peoples responses here and a few that look really good set wise. Thanks guys.

Im getting them from the Pearl Jam America forum. Great site as well as this one.
  • doujodoujo Posts: 285
    oh man, after looking at the setlist for the nashville show, i'm definetly going to go home after work and grab this one.
  • doujo wrote:
    oh man, after looking at the setlist for the nashville show, i'm definetly going to go home after work and grab this one.

Good choice! Standout songs from the show include a beautiful Love Boat Captain with the crowd singing 'Love!' over and over at the end, a super-aggressive Breakerfall and my favourite version of Light Years, with Ed singing as if with a broken heart at the end as a little bit of a tag. It really blows me away.

Crowd response to Bu$hleaguer is great as well; shows that there can be boos without it getting out of hand!

• Jason P wrote:
    Santa Barbara (oh wait, they never released that)
    Holmdel
    Missoula
    Philly
    philly is a good one
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • doujo wrote:

Yeah, its a good one.
  • Mansfield(all of them)
    Camden
    MSG
    Mexico City
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • like other people have said, State College is awesome.
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93