Options

Summer festivals 2008

EddiesGuitarGirlEddiesGuitarGirl Posts: 96
edited February 2008 in The Porch
so since pj is playing bonnaroo, what are the chances theyll do other summer festivals?
....esp. summerfest?
Adge
12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    so since pj is playing bonnaroo, what are the chances theyll do other summer festivals?
    ....esp. summerfest?
    summerfest lineup has been setup for awhile hasnt it? i know flaming lips, UM, and moe. are all headliners... theres really NO WAY in hell that PJ ever plays summerfest... roo mightve sold out its jam band roots but i cant see summerfest doing the same... its not really as big of a draw a roo, lolla, and sasquatch... speaking of sasquatch... that might be a possibility...

edit: sorry i was thinking summercamp :p

i doubt PJ would play summerfest back to back years tho in all honesty
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Virgin Festival still has not announced its lineup yet. It is one of the larger festivals in the northeast.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    ....esp. summerfest?

0.1%

that's the way i see it shaping up ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    What about ACL? The lineup shouldn't come out until May if they follow last year's method.
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    What about ACL? The lineup shouldn't come out until May if they follow last year's method.
    i wouldnt count that out... thatd be a great place to see PJ... its usually the first week of fall semester classes tho so thatd suck for me :(

• Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Yeah, but they moved it back a couple of weeks this year to Sept 26-28th. I agree it would still be a longshot, but i think it's a great venue for them, personal bias notwithstanding.
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    hopefully, something chill like Bumbershoot would be fun or even better SASQUATCH!!!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    ....esp. summerfest?

Tom Petty is playing Summerfest, just a fyi...
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    It's not a summer festival, but I know that if they're available, Voodoo Fest in New Orleans will try their damndest to get PJ.
  • Options
    I hope they do the East Coast Coachella at Liberty State Park !!! Pleeeease

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    i hear lolla will be in philly this year too... maybe theyll play there... probably not... but theres a chance

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,467
    Springsteen will be at summerfest. Petty too, I hear?

Hmmm.....
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Lollapalooza is in Chicago until 2011
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Springsteen will be at summerfest. Petty too, I hear?

Hmmm.....
    the boss is gonna be there??? those tix are gonna be a bitch to get... ive wanted to see him forever tho... any idea when those tix go on sale?

• Options
    Virgin Festival still has not announced its lineup yet. It is one of the larger festivals in the northeast.

98 Rock's Mickey and Amelia mentioned this moring the same thing...the police did the same 2 shows last year, Bonnaroo and then the Virgin fest, now maybe it is Pearl Jam's turn. That would totally rock, 50 minutes from my back door! I am not getting my hopes up, but wow!!!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I think ACLFest and Voodoo are more likely than any of the other possibilities. Still not sure if Voodoo is enough of a national draw yet, but they're getting close.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    ACL is strongly rumoured.. I believe in that one :)

Liberty Park has been ruled out, it's Radiohead Fri and Sat and Jack Jonhson Sun.
    Sasquatch too.

no idea what Virgin fest is, but if it's as commercial as the V festival here, I hope they don't do it!
    no idea about Summerfest either.
    when/where are those 2?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    short EV tour in west coast
    recording/rehearsals/jamming for mini tour
    mini-tour including the south and concluding at bonnaroo
    fall VFC type thing

my guesses, which has no basis in fact other than a rumor I heard about the izod center in May
  • Options
    Anyone Know when they are announcing the line up for the Virgin fest?

Hate to say it but how often do they play south of the Carolina's?? I would love to see it but it is not very often!