Options

Who's seen Mumford and Sons live?

LEBERT19LEBERT19 Posts: 50
edited October 2010 in Other Music
I've been listening to thier record pretty much non-stop for the last several months and just saw them here in seattle on Sunday. In a word amazing. Truley one of the best concert expierences of my life... already having withdrawls. Has anyone else out there seen them? Thoughts??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    From what I've seen of them on tv and on YouTube from their live shows, they seem to put on a great show. Going to see 'em this coming Sat in Milwaukee. Glad to see a positive review beforehand!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    saw them at last year's Bonnaroo.. the set was lively and energetic.. they played with Old Crow Medicine Show at the end to a version of "Wagon Wheel" it was impressive.
  • Options
    I saw em in June. The tickets were 13bucks well worth the price. It was a good one time experience...tho not sure of I would dish out 30 bucks this time around tho.
    2008: Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco

http://everythingwedidbelieve.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I LOVE their album but I haven't seen them live... I'd like to though :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    Hey guys, first time/long time. Great board you have here.

Saw Mumfords @ the Palladium in Hollywood a week or so ago. Definitely one of the highlight shows for me this year. High, high energy, lots of 'stomp/clap' going on. Wear your dancin' shoes.

With OCMS? Wow, musta been a doozy.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Welcome Killmore! :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    Welcome Killmore! :D

Thx, appreciate it.
  • Options
    Saw them at Lollapalooza in August and loved it. I'm desperately trying to get tickets to the Milwaukee show on Saturday to surprise my wife for her bday, but having no luck.
    Pearl Jam_ie, you wouldn't happen to have 2 extras or know of someone who does, would you?
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    I feel like they're way overhyped at this point. They're one of the hardest tickets to get in Boston right now, and their songs just aren't that good IMO. I'd check them out once, but I'm not fighting for tickets by any means.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    I feel like they're way overhyped at this point. They're one of the hardest tickets to get in Boston right now, and their songs just aren't that good IMO. I'd check them out once, but I'm not fighting for tickets by any means.

For sure a lot of hype now surrounding this band. That being said, I saw 'em last night and they were great. They play with a lot of emotion and the crowd fed off of that energy greatly. Highlight of the night was the first song of the encore. Mumford & Sons brought out opening acts King Charles and Cadillac Sky for a completely unplugged jam of "Wagon Wheel". They all stood at the front of the stage with just their instruments, no amps, no mics, and just played and sang. Was really a cool moment! I wouldn't hesitate to see them again.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain