Options

New Album

WendyWendy Posts: 19
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I am an old member who hasn't posted in like two years.

It is about time for the new album, no? I am sure you all discuss this frequently, so sorry if this is some kind of repetitive post, but I was curious if anyone has heard of something in the works. Thanks.
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. [Bertrand Russell]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have no clue. From reading the board the last few days, the rumor department is pretty quiet as well. Just a Rolling Stone story about Ed feeling creative but nothing substantial as far as I know. Eddie released ITW not too long ago though...
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    I hope that Into the Wild doesn't count as the newest treat for another couple of years. I get the hankering and I know it's time for a new album. Don't get me wrong. I looooove Into the Wild. I just need me a little PJ to look forward to.
    A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. [Bertrand Russell]
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    There have been a few rumors on that subject over the past few months. It started this summer when a pit member ran into mike at the airport and he said they'd be back in the studio sometime in the spring. Then jeff was interviewed at a basketball game and he said they were heading back into the studio soon. A few other similar rumors too. I've also heard on the pit, and in the production world, that Brendan O'Brien is strong candidate for producer...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:
    There have been a few rumors on that subject over the past few months. It started this summer when a pit member ran into mike at the airport and he said they'd be back in the studio sometime in the spring. Then jeff was interviewed at a basketball game and he said they were heading back into the studio soon. A few other similar rumors too. I've also heard on the pit, and in the production world, that Brendan O'Brien is strong candidate for producer...

Hm, sounds good. But I still remember how long we waited for Avocado. If we had believed all the rumors out there, that thing would have been out 2 years earlier ;)
  • Options
    but they have like an every two year or so record to keep. It's right when I just can't take it any more. The same thing happens with the tour. Just when I don't think I can wait and my seams will split from the monotony of every day, they pop their heads out to say hello, here we are, and here's your gift. If this is any indicator of reality, then start the rumor mill, because I just can't take it anymore.
  • Options
    Wendy wrote:
    but they have like an every two year or so record to keep. It's right when I just can't take it any more. The same thing happens with the tour. Just when I don't think I can wait and my seams will split from the monotony of every day, they pop their heads out to say hello, here we are, and here's your gift. If this is any indicator of reality, then start the rumor mill, because I just can't take it anymore.

According to you and Tampa radio we should get somethin any time now!!! Pass it on! ;)
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    Wendy wrote:

Hm, I still have that ITW-afterbuzz going so I didn't even think about an new album. I was actually surprised that Avocado was 2 years ago. When I read that, I had one of those "I changed by not changing at all" moments...
  • Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but PJ albums/tours have always surfaced around my life events. They are always marked by some knowing force. I am about to have a baby in May... ergo - an album MUST be in the works. An epic one..... (((dramatic soap opera music))))
  • Options
    Wendy wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else, but PJ albums/tours have always surfaced around my life events. They are always marked by some knowing force. I am about to have a baby in May... ergo - an album MUST be in the works. An epic one..... (((dramatic soap opera music))))

Congrats :D
  • Options
    I had a tornado dream last night!!! That always means big changes in a fantastic way! WOOT! Any day I tell ya, any day!! :)

Congratulations on your bambina! My son was born in May! Fantastic time to have a baby! Just in time for summer! Wishes for a peacful, transformational, easy birth!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    Thanks. But don't you see this is the key indicator.

Anyway, a girl can hope. I am just surprised no one has heard anything definite. I wonder if all of this Ed cavorting about on his own has any weight with why no word yet on an album. I hope that they will not soon be parting ways. OhOhHhhhhh my soul aches to even suggest it.
  • Options
    Wendy wrote:
    Thanks. But don't you see this is the key indicator.

Anyway, a girl can hope. I am just surprised no one has heard anything definite. I wonder if all of this Ed cavorting about on his own has any weight with why no word yet on an album. I hope that they will not soon be parting ways. OhOhHhhhhh my soul aches to even suggest it.

I dont see them parting ways anywhere soon. There definitely arent the kinda closeknit group they were at the beginning of the 90s. They give each other more space nowadays, do solo stuff and dont feel obligated to release an album every year. I think that's a healthy way to go for them as a band. I they were churning out one album per year at this point in their lives, I'd be worried...
  • Options
    I had a tornado dream last night!!! That always means big changes in a fantastic way! WOOT! Any day I tell ya, any day!! :)

Congratulations on your bambina! My son was born in May! Fantastic time to have a baby! Just in time for summer! Wishes for a peacful, transformational, easy birth!

good lord, wishes for a quickly administered epidural!! LOL, thanks! I am getting pretty excited for my boy to come out (please, come out soon, boy)
  • Options
    Wendy wrote:
    good lord, wishes for a quickly administered epidural!! LOL, thanks! I am getting pretty excited for my boy to come out (please, come out soon, boy)

Come on now! I had two without any drugs! It's easy! ;)
    I'm just thankful my bladder quickly normalized after giving birth to hold more than a teaspoon!
  • Options
    I appreciate and admire your tolerance for pain, but... I cannot say I am the same. I am brought to tears by a splinter. I would be crippled by cramps. Let's not discuss a human coming out of me. Druuuugs pleassse. I think otherwise I will be concentrating too much on the pain. I am a wuss!!
  • Options
    Let me speak for all the men still reading the board: Uncomfortable... :D
  • Options
    Dude. I work at Victoria's Secret and am pregnant. The ease with which I speak of woman parts and the things they do is great. Do not be afraid, for you were rendered alive in the same fashion. It just happens to not have to happen to you - lucky lucky you.