Options

Name something *great* a PJ fan has done for you!

Comments

• Options
    ...audiodave...for the thought he puts into a gift

...nic...msg1...what can i say?!

...laura/jeannette/eric... "should we tell him?"

...maria for hooking me up with above/said group at mansfield1 this year

...to anyone who's ever listened on here and via pm...it matters
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    ooh--
    My friend, GivenToFly34, won a ticket to the SB EV show, and GAVE it to someone--maybe sweetadeline's girl?? I don't remember--but that was a really cool thing to do!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    LukinFan.

Trust given..... not earned(newbie)

And because of him I get to share myself
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Way to many PJ fans to list all of them!!!!

Thanks to all!!!

Chad
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    happened to be first night of ed show. Needed one ticket....chikevin came through....met him at the venue.....and he still went through with it even though I was from the south and participated in those "please play the south threads" . Ha ha....hell he even picked up an extra program for me...great pj fan. What a night.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriot hooked me up with a couple of Chicago boots which I have been seeking for the past month as well as another boot. I just received them in the mail today and have been jamming out since. Goes to show the generosity of fans on this board.
  • Options
    i just have to agree with everything said. being a short time member of the board but long time PJ listner. i cant help myself from coming on here every single day and just feeling like i can talk to all of you like your my brother. its really something special. BUT i would like to do something nice haha i have Lolla 07 "we come in peace shirt" its a large but its actually strangely small. iv worn it all of 5 times. anyone that wants it free of charge send me a pm. keep this thread going.
    Lolla 07
    Camden 1 /2008
    MSG 1 & 2 /2008
    EV SOLO-- NYC 1 and NJPAC
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    prrlJAM26 wrote:
    i just have to agree with everything said. being a short time member of the board but long time PJ listner. i cant help myself from coming on here every single day and just feeling like i can talk to all of you like your my brother. its really something special. BUT i would like to do something nice haha i have Lolla 07 "we come in peace shirt" its a large but its actually strangely small. iv worn it all of 5 times. anyone that wants it free of charge send me a pm. keep this thread going.

thats kick ass! nice offer!
  • Options
    soooo many great people have done great things for me.

lovely redrock gave me a place to stay and fed me delicious food :D...obi once gave me a sofa to surf for a week!....some fab dutch bud ;).....and a great tour of his city......scotinamsterdam a great day tour of...amsterdam! :) countless friends have given me beautiful gifts, bootlegs and the like. the most recent gift, a dear friend from here a long-time...never met...finally met for the hartford gig, he GAVE me his spare - and spectacular! 10c seat - gratis! locked - you ROCK! :cool: some amazing people! great travel buddies...countless shared drinks...meals...shows....cities.....beautiful!

more than makes up for the few - thankfully VERY few, bad apples of the bunch. sad to have a few bad experiences, but it just reinforces the fantastic people i have met, and appreciate all the more! i hope to always be as generous as many have been with me! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    more than makes up for the few - thankfully VERY few, bad apples of the bunch. sad to have a few bad experiences, but it just reinforces the fantastic people i have met, and appreciate all the more! i hope to always be as generous as many have been with me! :)

Sadly, I've been exposed to a TON of obnoxious and overall rude people AT the shows...but the experiences on here have only been good for me
  • Options
    A great fan from DC, Erin, you know who you are. Allowed me to purchase her extra tenclub ticket for Ed's show in San Diego. Without even knowing me at all she held on to her ticket and let me purchase it and sit next to her. And to top things off, she got 4th row seats. Unbelievable! Thanks so much EC. I still think about the show and really appreciate meeting her. Great fan!
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    We were @ the Gorge 06, staying in Wenatchee, Everbody was havin a great time and we got there about 3 hours early, the line up to pick up our 10c tix was crazy, as we got through security I went to grab a poster as I stood in line I saw the posters vanish I started talking to this guy from Virgina. We got chatten about the greatest band in the world. I said all the posters were gone, He said "Hey man, me and my Girl both got a poster and I am just in line to get a hoodie, I would be happy to sell you mine for $25. It was great!! it made the 12 hour drive that much better......Thankx again man

Also Calgary 05 we went to the Saddledome to pick up out tickets in the afternoon ( after driving from the Pearl Jam Gorge 05 and Tom Petty w/Black Crowes the next night ) and we ment a fellow fan that flew in from Monterey Mexico to see the show in Calgary and Edmonton. So we took for a prebash Pearl Jam Party, he stayed with us and we gave him a ride to Edmonton. It was a great weekend. All the best Ricardo hope your doin Fine
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    i have a lovely friend in chicago who i 'met' via the mosquito list about a zillion years ago, she's on this board somewhere too, and she has sent me soooo many aweome pj things - photos, tour shirts, signed stuff, videos and dvds, it's just incredible - and very hard to reciprocate when you live in a land that pj hasn't visited in over a decade...

pj fans rule. never met one i didn't like.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    I requested a pro-shot Lollapalooza on DVD, and Tangerine sent it to me, for free, and also surprised me with a DVD of Ed's Vic pre-set. I was very surprised and still grateful.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    I've got quite a list after the last 6 months.

Demetrios of course for all the bootlegged goodness.
    Mike D as well, and for being an all around awesome guy (sorry I couldn't take you up on that last minute Chicago offer. :))
    GTFLYGIRL for letting me sleep in her living room for 11 days this summer and dragging me all over both coasts. I couldn't have done it without you!
    pearljgirl2010 for helping me plan my trip to LA
    josevolution and schmoff for rides to Hartford and home
    ACCBootlegGoddess for being my concert buddy!
    SOLAT319 and luvistower for EVERYTHING :) in Boston.
    Everyone I met at the Wishlist benefits (especially Laura and Eric for being awesome).
    PJ fans are the best!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    equallyworthless and wife, doin'the-evolution, pegasus, theseeker74 and everyone else involved for including me in the tour plans for the east coast, even though i did very little to help out with booking! it was all done when i tried to help
    KPearljammer for sending me the beacon shirt and a plethora of dvd's which will be coming with it, also driving 6000 miles on the tour and helping out with rides for his friends
    doin'the-evolution again for still remaining friends with me after we lost each other in the Katowice crowd, and then found each other then lost each other again... i said i would watch out for her!!
    i took care of myself.
    sort of... in that, i got trampeld a couple times and lost by myselfffff after the show....woohoO! poland was fun.....
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ooh--
    My friend, GivenToFly34, won a ticket to the SB EV show, and GAVE it to someone--maybe sweetadeline's girl?? I don't remember--but that was a really cool thing to do!
    if i remember correctly, i believe it was meisterder who said he was grateful for you guys hookin up his gf with the ticket!

theres so many names to name here that have done alot of me. it maytake a while to write it out so i'll start with pearljgirl2010......

theres been something that i have wanted to do for soooooo long but never knew HOW to even go about it. One day pearljgirl & i were pming and before i knew it, she sent me some books of hers to help me learn about this specific topic. I was SO appreciative because i would have NEVER learned what I did hadd it not been for her!!! She is a very special person!!! Thank you Janet~ :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    i took care of myself.
    sort of... in that, i got trampeld a couple times and lost by myselfffff after the show....woohoO! poland was fun.....

haha i lost everybody as well, waitied for a bit then went off in search of the bus, which i didnt know where it was, got lost in a forest, eventually got back into town, got the last train, and was woken by everybody when they got to the hostel 2 hours later!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    ninerniner Posts: 72
    At the past MSG 1 show I was there with my 15 yr old son, his first PJ concert and we were sitting in the fan club section. A guy in front of us was impressed that my son was there having a good time. Kept talking to him and introduced him to a few other people front of us too. He thought it was really cool that a 15 yr old (in this day of so much bad music aimed at teenagers) would be enjoying himself there. The show had ended and the guy gave his his concert shirt that he had bought to my son. He thanked the guy and we looked at each other with our mouths open. I could not believe this guy did this. Such a simple act let and great impression on my son.

If you're here, we were sitting at Stone's side and my son has a mohawk. I would like to say thanks again. It was s=really a beautiful thing to do!!!
  • Options
    There are about 180 or so great things pearl jam fans have done for my family. Just look @ the post's on "prayers for my son vedder" thread, and you will see that our message pit members have big hearts and optimisim. Thank you Message Pit. The heartfelt messages and positive vibes helped carry us through a really tough time.
    EEEDMD
  • Options
    I've got quite a list after the last 6 months.

Demetrios of course for all the bootlegged goodness.
    Mike D as well, and for being an all around awesome guy (sorry I couldn't take you up on that last minute Chicago offer. :))
    GTFLYGIRL for letting me sleep in her living room for 11 days this summer and dragging me all over both coasts. I couldn't have done it without you!
    pearljgirl2010 for helping me plan my trip to LA
    josevolution and schmoff for rides to Hartford and home
    ACCBootlegGoddess for being my concert buddy!
    SOLAT319 and luvistower for EVERYTHING :) in Boston.
    Everyone I met at the Wishlist benefits (especially Laura and Eric for being awesome).
    PJ fans are the best!

i still can't figure out how the hell i didn't meet you in hartford and mansfield...it's mindboggling...i was with most of those same people!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Just met Mickeyrat and without getting him or anyone else on this board in trouble....lets just say it was VERY nice to meet a fellow fan and exchange some Pearl Jam stuff, er I mean memories :-)

BRING BACK LUKINFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    silver39 wrote:
    Just met Mickeyrat and without getting him or anyone else on this board in trouble....lets just say it was VERY nice to meet a fellow fan and exchange some Pearl Jam stuff, er I mean memories :-)

BRING BACK LUKINFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Memories , Get a record player and spin that VINYL!!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Memories , Get a record player and spin that VINYL!!!!!!!!

I will I promise!! Like I said my birthday is coming up maybe I'll get one from the hubby :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    yeah i have to give thanks to

GTFLYGIRL for hooking me up with rooms this past tour and from 07 at lolla she introduced me to some great fans thanks girl you rock ...

also GetRight for hooking me up with two tickets to MSG II this past tour it allowed me to take my son to hi's 1st pj show great guy .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Back in 1998, I posted something on a Kansas City message board about needing tickets to the upcoming show. It was right after my 21st bday and I hadn't seen them in a few years and it was PJ---playing lots of stuff from No Code & Yield, my 2 favorite records to this day. I had missed the sale for one reason or another.

Next thing I knew, I got an email from someone that I'd never heard of asking for my address so they could send the tickets with a return address so I could send them some money. I was in the process of looking for a new place, so I asked that they send them to my job. I quickly forgot about it b/c i figured that they were joking. Less than a week later, they arrived. They left no return address, but they did leave a note. It said something like, "Happy Bday. Enjoy the concert!" I still to this day have no idea who sent them. But if they read this, THANK YOU!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I was at the MSG II show with my 16 year old daughter. One of the security guys, obviously a supervisor or higher struck up a conversation with us. He said he was a huge PJ fan too. He found out it was my daughters 1st show through conversation. About 3 songs in, here he comes back to our seats and he hands my daughter a set list from night 1.
    Just out of the kindness of his heart.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    I have been uber lucky with PJ fans doing something great for me. In 2006 an American jammer transferred me his 10c at less than face for the Verona show(I sent him a poster from the Italia shows) . We ended up in third row!!! His name is Drew but I can't remember his user name as he never posts :o

At the Eddie shows soundgrunger gave... GAVE us tickets to the second night because she had won a pair. Told us it was PJ karma and to pay it forward. So I do whenever I can.

Those are two that stick out right now but I am sure there are lots more so if I have forgotten you. Sorry :o

A good friend of mine just offered me some cool stuff which I am very excited about :D and I am holding him to ;)

What a truly great bunch of people :) Very cool.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    oh man so many!

Stickboy
    DrownedOut
    Who's Pearl Jam
    Rargh Rargh
    PJ BIZ!!
    lowlight_03
    .. u know who u are:)

So much love.... SO MANY PEOPLE. So many names have helped me out at one point or another. Just out of the goodness of their heart. This is for you guys!

people have offered me their flyer miles to make just one more show of the tour. free tickets, all my buds try to hook me up and they know i would do the same for them... just endless amounts of kindness.. its what its all about yo :P

Pearl jam doesn't know how good they have it ;) They have some real peaches as fans
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    josevolution-good man, generous and very KIND-Hartford was one of the best times Ive ever had.

edvedder913-for letting me leave drunken messages on her cell phone
    ;)