Options

Homer invents Grunge

Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
edited January 2008 in The Porch
tonights new episode of The Simpsons. should be a classic.
Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    im hoping for a cameo from someone cool! i think theres a good chance!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    can't wait! i wish pj would accept the offer and be on the simpsons!!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    tonights new episode of The Simpsons. should be a classic.
    There hasn't been a good episode of the simpsons for about 5 years. Aint gonna happen.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    homeratbat wrote:
    can't wait! i wish pj would accept the offer and be on the simpsons!!

i don't have the link and/or the exact quote available, but i recall a few years back Ed was asked about the band being invited to appear on the Simpsons (i believe they were invited on for the Hullabalooza episode)

anyway,...Ed was quoted as saying the producers sent the script to the band for their consideration/approval, and Ed recalled a line from the script where Homer would have said to Ed "stay true to yourself" or words to that effect,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i don't have the link and/or the exact quote available, but i recall a few years back Ed was asked about the band being invited to appear on the Simpsons (i believe they were invited on for the Hullabalooza episode)

anyway,...Ed was quoted as saying the producers sent the script to the band for their consideration/approval, and Ed recalled a line from the script where Homer would have said to Ed "stay true to yourself" or words to that effect,...
    is that why billys still bitter?? he was the simpsons second choice :D

• Options
    NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    yahoo tv wrote:
    Episode Description
    Originally Aired: January 27, 2008
    When Bart and Lisa discover Marge's diploma from Springfield University, Marge reveals that she had attended the university back when she and Homer had first started dating. In a flash back, Homer gives up his dreams of becoming a musician and takes a job at his father's laser tag warehouse to support Marge attending Springfield University. However, when Marge finds herself attracted to an offbeat professor named Professor August, Homer decides he has had enough of Marge's wandering eye. Homer instead focuses his emotions on his music, inventing a new sound called "grunge." As Marge continues to date the pretentious professor, Homer becomes the hottest grunge artist around, as evidenced by Weird Al's parody of his music. But when Marge sees a special news report on MTV with Kurt Loder announcing that Homer's band, Sadgasm, has broken up and that Homer is holed-up in a mansion hopelessly addicted to drugs, Marge must choose between her new life and her old love.

sounds pretty lame.
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    Everyone here is gonna love all the Nirvana references....
  • Options
    lol... sadgasm.
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    is that why billys still bitter?? he was the simpsons second choice :D

James Iha: Let's all go out and buy fur coats!
    Jimmy Chamberlin: I want a walk-in humidor.
  • Options
    well that episode SUCKED! changing how marge and homer got together and had kids etc is weak!
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Lenny looked a bit like Stone.
  • Options
    yeah it was pretty bad... They might have officially just ran out of material. Changing simpsons history is lame.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    yeah it was pretty bad... They might have officially just ran out of material. Changing simpsons history is lame.

amen!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    lol... sadgasm.

"Kurt,...it's your cousin, Marvin,...Marvin Cobain!"

classic lol
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    of all the bands they couldve chose to parody they choose bush?!? i mean i get the margerine - glycerine idea... but COME ON! i was disappointed they couldnt have gotten anyone to cameo either... and yah... changing history... come on... the president bush thing was pretty funny tho

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Love is Black!!!! lol
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    fotdfotd Posts: 514
    100 Pacer wrote:
    "Kurt,...it's your cousin, Marvin,...Marvin Cobain!"

classic lol

Yeah it was.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    o crap I forgot the line it was awesome umm... something like if you don't like al life isn't just worth living. I thought that line was awesome.
  • Options
    lame. Everything past season 10 has been garbage.
  • Options
    they did play part of whale song though!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    lame. Everything past season 10 has been garbage.
    Wrong; still relevant and brilliant
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    that whole Marvin Cobain calling thing was making fun of Family Guy doing that exact thing for Rick Astley, lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    smarchee wrote:
    that whole Marvin Cobain calling thing was making fun of Family Guy doing that exact thing for Rick Astley, lol

I thought that was referencing the scene in Back to the Future when Chuck Berry's cousin called him.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    I thought that was referencing the scene in Back to the Future when Chuck Berry's cousin called him.

yeah. both shows were making fun of back to the future:

"Hey Rick? It's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Astley. You know the generic, mediocre sound you've been looking for? Well, listen to this!"
  • Options
    ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    I wonder if that was a real reference to Pearl Jam.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    weird al was a nice touch
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    You people still watch the simpsons? That show sucks. All the good writers left after the 7th season.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,749
    You people still watch the simpsons? That show sucks. All the good writers left after the 7th season.

Yes, you are the grand arbiter of what is or is not funny. It's so good to meet you.

Tonight's episode was funny. Sorry your snobbery prevented you from seeing it.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    hahahah, when he said whale song i was like. PJ REFERENCE!
    hahaha.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I remember watching the very first episode... then sticking with it for at least 9 years... I haven't seen much past that... and I still believe in the Simpons over other shows... like Family Guy... but I think it's time to put down the pencils and let the Simpons sleep for eternity.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey