Options

pearl jam killed my cat

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    i was listening to pearl jam today really loud and the wind blew my door open. i didn't notice it because of stupid pearl jam was so loud. so my little baby kitten runs out there like he just discovered a new world and gets DESTROYED by a delivery truck.

good job pearl jam. good job. all their fault, really.
    I heard that poor Mittens was singing Tripping Billies on his way out the door ...

...."eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we'll die!"

R.I.P. Mittens, you've gone to that great big litter box in the sky.

Who scraped Mittens off the pavement?
    Did they use a spatula or a putty knife?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Niko80 wrote:
    In the end, I couldn't take it anymore and had her put down. Toughest and hardest decision I have ever faced... Losing my grandparents was way easier...

Do other people feel this way? Do most? If so, I find this very odd and an interesting commentary on our culture.

I don't understand Americans' obsession with pets. It's just too much.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Do other people feel this way? Do most? If so, I find this very odd and an interesting commentary on our culture.

It's different now then it used to be. Pets are like family members to some of us.
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    curiosity killed the cat
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    It's different now then it used to be. Pets are like family members to some of us.

I can see that, I just don't understand it. My better half loves her dog so much, just like a child. I don't get it but it's how she feels.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Songburst wrote:
    They are way better than useless fucking dogs.

I love cats but how are cats useful? I mean they don't make my bed or do the dishes. They don't even vacuum!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    i was listening to pearl jam today really loud and the wind blew my door open. i didn't notice it because of stupid pearl jam was so loud. so my little baby kitten runs out there like he just discovered a new world and gets DESTROYED by a delivery truck.

I hope no cats were really destroyed in the making of this joke. :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    fanch75 wrote:

Pets provide unconditional love.
    They can sense when you are upset.
    They let you cry on them, they don't yell when you throw them off the bed.
    It is a different kind of love that one feels for pets.
    :)

Cheers to the dufus that wasn't paying attention to the kitten. Good thing you didn't hoover the poor thing up.
    And I loved Dave Matthews in college.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    I love animals.... this thread sux.

On another note.... are you fuckin serious??? You are blaming PJ for your Kittens death?? This world is a fucked up place... get a stuffed cat next time.

RIP Kitty

and DMB sux too
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,559
    fanch75 wrote:

Im no american:-) And I don't think it is specifically an american thing to get attached to pets.

This last dog was very special. She had an amazing personality and was everything that I look for in a dog. Faithfull, polite, playfull, gentle.. you name it. She grew to understand me so well it was scary! When an animal shows you that kind of love and devotion and will follow you through thick and thin, Im gonna love it right back.

As Peter Griffin said to Brian:

"its moments like this that I regret you are going to die 50 years before I do"
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    this thread started off with the potential to be an epic stupidfest like ashton kutcher or jeff stole my basketball, but it got all pussied out. kinda like dave matthews.

hehe...."pussied out"...in the cat thread....i kill me

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    I love cats but how are cats useful? I mean they don't make my bed or do the dishes. They don't even vacuum!

they eliminate rodents and bugs at my house

dogs are too much like kids. they're high maintenence, have to be walked several times a day, yadda. if i was gonna have all that to do, i'd just have the kid instead

they're dumb as rocks compared to cats, too.

• Options
    thanks.
  • Options
    np

• Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    Why don't you go recruit some new 16 year old collar-popping kids to listen to your pussy ass music instead of trying to bother fans of a band that actually rocks... You suck and so does your music. Take that violin and shove it up your ass.

WTF?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    hes an e-thug, brah.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    and don't ever have children.

Good point.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    lowlight1 wrote:
    Cats suck

YOU SUCK!!! :D
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Options
    At least it had a good soundtrack to die with!
    If I had known then what I know now.....

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
    Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299

it's all your fault i hope you never decide to have children please .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    JordyWordy wrote:
    how are cats better?? im a fan of both but i totally acknowledge that cats are the most Selfish, Self-absorbed creatures you could have the burden of paying for. they look good and are cute (kittens obviously excel in this area) but they do absolutely nothing but lie around, being picky about the food u feed them.

......i suppose they do look after themselves more than a dog now that i think about it (groom themselves, dont shit all over your apartmnent /garden)....so ultimately i just answered my own question....

i gota get handle of my Brain-Mouth problem

Yup -- and you answered it correctly. Cats are pretty useless too but I like the fact that I can leave my cats alone for a week with food and water and they can take care of themselves. My friends that have dogs have to find some sucker to take care of them if they want to do anything for more than 4 hours and that would drive me insane.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    I have no problems with cats. But I will never get one and here is why. They shit in a box in your house. No thank you
    ah, but the cat buries it .. a dog leaves it steaming in the middle of the room ready to tread in as you walk through the door :mad:
    btw, we all shit in a bowl in the house... we're not so different ;)
    Cats are :cool:

Danimal wrote:
    Neither do my kids but I still keep them as expensive pets

justam wrote:
    I hope no cats were really destroyed in the making of this joke. :p
    :D haha

hahaha

(It was a joke, right?..)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Whatever you do, don't bury it in that Indian soil behind your house...trust me.
  • Options
    WTF?

Have you read this jackasses other posts??? He just likes to start shit on this board.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    good, I hope they kill your dog next
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    TrixieCat wrote:
    And I loved Dave Matthews in college.

Wow, you went to college with Dave Matthews, and you dated him? Very impressive.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    jamie uk wrote:
    Wow, you went to college with Dave Matthews, and you dated him? Very impressive.
    :p
    Thank you.
    :)

I still listen to Crash when time allows. Awesome album.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    don't make me furious! every day I meet people who push their responsibility of animals death or illness on sb else. I hate it! There was a psychological term of sth like this (i don't remember). It's so easy to wash your hands of sth dirt U did.
    Blame the sun that didn't shined enough that day, blame the door, which were opened, blame the driver for fast driving, but ... U don't blame yourself for lack of responsibility...
    Shame on U!
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options

You're a jackass. I hope that actually happens to your wife on your wedding day.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    UndieTaker wrote:
    You're a jackass. I hope that actually happens to your wife on your wedding day.

Excellent escalation.

Side note: I've never had to clean up after my cat. He shits outside and buries it.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy