Options

instruments better than EV voice

halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I have some fav songs because of guitars or drums, not particularly of voice. Ie: Corduroy, Yellow ledbetter, U... well Sad is great, In my tree, . Sometimes Ed didn't work good with his voice. U can crucify me;)
Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
halszka123@op.pl
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    if you deserve to be crucified its for listing "U" as a good song musically....
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Please go listen to Release and then crucify yourself instead :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    if you deserve to be crucified its for listing "U" as a good song musically....
    well i think it's not a good song at all but the vocal is REALLY badddddd. music almost ok
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    Im just reading your thread and thinking: uhmmm.... ok?

what point are you trying to make>?

of course not every song you will like mainly because of Ed. And i guess thats whats so great about the band, every member has their time to shine.

there are some songs where Ed is the standout, same for Jeff... Stone... Mike and Matt/Jack/Dave A/Dave K
  • Options
    webberf1 wrote:
    Im just reading your thread and thinking: uhmmm.... ok?

what point are you trying to make>?

of course not every song you will like mainly because of Ed. And i guess thats whats so great about the band, every member has their time to shine.
    That was the point!
    I just wanted to say which songs for me are better enev without the vocal. And i hoped u do the same
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    webberf1 wrote:

there are some songs where Ed is the standout, same for Jeff... Stone... Mike and Matt/Jack/Dave A/Dave K

Matt Kicks... Grievance
    Jeff Rules... Last Exit
    Ed Sorts Out... Black
    Stone Owns... Crazy Mary
    Mike Kills On ....Go
    Boom Rocks Out ...Save You

anyone else wanna have a go?
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I Hate to break it to everyone...but if it wasn't for EV's voice and lyrics...none of us would have ever heard of Pearl Jam period.

The point is...we can't even hold this "conversation" if it wasn't for his voice.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Matt - Never the Machine Forever
    Jeff - Save You
    Ed - Indifference
    Stone - Sad
    Mike - Blood

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Cheater ;)

Matt - JCP
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    halszka123 wrote:
    That was the point!
    I just wanted to say which songs for me are better enev without the vocal. And i hoped u do the same
    Yep, but i really think there's A LOT more than just 5 or 6 songs where Ed is not the standout.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    You're not breaking anything to any of the rabid fans here. We already know what you're trying to say. This guy is some transient who is trying to raise reaction from people.

By the way, you in for the Bay Area fan gathering?

What's up SOLAT319! Yeah I've been meaning to check in on that thread...I think I'll do it now.

BTW...I wasn't gonna give any response...but when I saw others semi-agreeing I couldn't stay silent.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    halszka123 wrote:
    I have some fav songs because of guitars or drums, not particularly of voice. Ie: Corduroy, Yellow ledbetter, U... well Sad is great, In my tree, . Sometimes Ed didn't work good with his voice. U can crucify me;)

The vocal on the Lost Dogs version of U is quite bad but the version on the Wishlist single is great. This rules applies to a few songs on Lost Dogs - Alone, Hard To Imagine, Wash, Down all had better vocals in their original forms.

Ironically Lost Dogs contains one of my favourite vocal performances in Otherside - not sure why but I love it.
  • Options
    (double post- stupid pc)
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I love listening to yellow ledbetter on garden dvd for mike guitar. It is awesome. Obviously pearl jam wouldnt be pearl jam without ed but i can see where ur coming from
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Masaman wrote:
    The vocal on the Lost Dogs version of U is quite bad but the version on the Wishlist single is great. This rules applies to a few songs on Lost Dogs - Alone, Hard To Imagine, Wash, Down all had better vocals in their original forms.

I'm pretty sure that the version of Down on Lost Dogs is the same version that's on the I Am Mine single.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    druming on WMA!
  • Options
    Jack Irons on In My Tree

That song is great but the drumming sets it apart most defintely.
    the Minions
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Jeff - Save You
    Ed - Indifference
    Stone - Sad
    Mike - Blood

Sorry to be slightly off topc but I think "Never The Machine Forever" is probably one of the biggest missed oppurtunities ever. That bass intro is amazing but then it just turns into a generic screamy Soundgarden song. It's a good song and Matt is amazing on it but it could have been so much more, IMO.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Please go listen to Release and then crucify yourself instead :)

or present tense awesome!
    danny d
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    there are times when he sings live that ed makes me cringe. there are also times live that he sends chills up my spine. he can be pretty hit and miss vocally.
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Sorry to be slightly off topc but I think "Never The Machine Forever" is probably one of the biggest missed oppurtunities ever. That bass intro is amazing but then it just turns into a generic screamy Soundgarden song. It's a good song and Matt is amazing on it but it could have been so much more, IMO.
    i agree! theres a lot of songs where i feel chris really drops the ball with his vocals / lyrics... not to to say i dont love the screaming stuff to when im in the right mood... i was just looking for something with crazy matt timing and cymbal play and it dont get much better than that!