October Baseball

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
There's nothing better. And thank God I don't have Dane Cook in my face telling me so. Let's get fired up!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you are a week early.

i was just saying to a guy in the office, today would be a PERFECT day for an afternoon ball game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    81 wrote:
    you are a week early.

i was just saying to a guy in the office, today would be a PERFECT day for an afternoon ball game.

Yeah, more of a play on words for the playoffs I was going for and not literally.

I LOVE afternoon playoff baseball games.... when my team is not involved. Can't stand having to get time off work, school, yada, and having to game plan with other people doing the same. Just a huge pain in the ass. I'd like to see day World Series games again, but of course that won't ever happen.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    you are a week early.

Yeah, more of a play on words for the playoffs I was going for and not literally.

I LOVE afternoon playoff baseball games.... when my team is not involved. Can't stand having to get time off work, school, yada, and having to game plan with other people doing the same. Just a huge pain in the ass. I'd like to see day World Series games again, but of course that won't ever happen.

haha, I think you just contradicted yourself.

personally, I love the afternoon games. especially in the fall

here's keeping my fingers crossed that there's no buck martinez during the playoffs this year
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    The more proper name for this thread might be Phillies vs. Yankees, part 2 the Revenge, because that's who will be left at the end of the month. My Phillies look ridiculous!
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    you are a week early.

haha, I think you just contradicted yourself.

personally, I love the afternoon games. especially in the fall

here's keeping my fingers crossed that there's no buck martinez during the playoffs this year

Yeah I did. What I'm saying is I'd like to see it on weekends, but I don't think college football and the NFL would be a good thing for it. But fuck it, if the Phils are in, I could give a rat's ass about the former.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    marcos wrote:
    The more proper name for this thread might be Phillies vs. Yankees, part 2 the Revenge, because that's who will be left at the end of the month. My Phillies look ridiculous!

Where are you in the Phillies thread? Don't feel like arguing about Ryan Howard's WAR for months on end? :lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    marcos wrote:

Where are you in the Phillies thread? Don't feel like arguing about Ryan Howard's WAR for months on end? :lol::lol::lol:

Found the thread, thanks buddy!
    marcos wrote:
    marcos wrote:

Found the thread, thanks buddy!

You might not be thanking me in a month or so... :lol:

Just kidding - just a lot of big baseball fans in there.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I'm the biggest Phillies fan in the world, and that thread gets on my GD nerves. :lol:
    I'm the biggest Phillies fan in the world, and that thread gets on my GD nerves. :lol:

What, you don't like inner fighting between fans of the same team which nitpick the most trivial shit? I would have never guessed. ;)
    I'm the biggest Phillies fan in the world, and that thread gets on my GD nerves. :lol:

What, you don't like inner fighting between fans of the same team which nitpick the most trivial shit? I would have never guessed. ;)

it's toned down slightly the last week or 2. It's mostly a matter of not mentioning the guy who plays 1B.

it's toned down slightly the last week or 2. It's mostly a matter of not mentioning the guy who plays 1B.

It's mostly a matter of ignoring one guy who posts in there just to instigate shit. And he doesn't go by Fixer.

And I gotta say - I never thought a team in baseball could just 'turn it on' like a light switch, but that's exactly what the Phils do. And it's pretty unbelievable.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

And I gotta say - I never thought a team in baseball could just 'turn it on' like a light switch, but that's exactly what the Phils do. And it's pretty unbelievable.

That's why I thought they would miss the playoffs. 18-3 in sept. that is fucking ridiculous
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    There's nothing better. And thank God I don't have Dane Cook in my face telling me so. Let's get fired up!

best time of year right now!! Baseball, football, fall weather...perfect!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    The Fixer wrote:

That's why I thought they would miss the playoffs. 18-3 in sept. that is fucking ridiculous

I know. I'm not going to doubt they can turn it on. I just didn't think it was possible. But PROVE ME WRONG CHILDREN.

Sent you a PM - it is highly excessive.

best time of year right now!! Baseball, football, fall weather...perfect!

And, yes, it is the best time of the year.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    This is the first time in 9 years that neither the Angels or Dodgers will be going to the post-season. One less diversion during tax deadline/wedding planning!

I've been to 4 major league parks this year (Anaheim, San Diego, Cleveland & Oakland), but even though I live in L.A., I didn't make it to a Dodger game.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    This is the first time in 9 years that neither the Angels or Dodgers will be going to the post-season. One less diversion during tax deadline/wedding planning!

I've been to 4 major league parks this year (Anaheim, San Diego, Cleveland & Oakland), but even though I live in L.A., I didn't make it to a Dodger game.

Phillies will miss the Dodgers not being there. :lol:

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    what is this ocotober baseball you peeps speak of

i need an explanation on this ocotober baseball

:P :( :( :cry: :evil: :cry:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

It looks like this.

beltran-whiff.jpg

metsfan wrote:

It looks like this.

beltran-whiff.jpg
    thanks JA thanks

now i'm gonna have nightmares for the next few months. it's bad enough i was on meds and saw a shrink for 2 years.

metsfan wrote:
    thanks JA thanks

now i'm gonna have nightmares for the next few months. it's bad enough i was on meds and saw a shrink for 2 years.

Always here to help. By the way, nobody even got on the Mets thread to laud Luis Hernandez's awesome broken leg home run. That was a nice moment in a bad year.

Always here to help. By the way, nobody even got on the Mets thread to laud Luis Hernandez's awesome broken leg home run. That was a nice moment in a bad year.
    maybe cause no met fan watches september baseball :lol::lol:

• craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    GO BRAVES!!!!!
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
    Almost there....

Hopefully this SD/SF game is on MLB Net tonight, as I'll be watching that over the Phils game. I will be rooting for the Giants to win out. Gimme Cincy in the LDS.