Matt Cameron is a badass thread

gossardstradlingossardstradlin Posts: 324
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Having just heard a couple of the Soundgarden boots I have to reaffirm that Matt Cameron is one of the greatest drummers ever!! He is a fucking badass and Pearl Jam was a great band (one of my favorites) before him and is one of the greatest live bands ever with him. After Jack left I still take it for granted that he is Pearl Jam's drummer.
"She knows there is no success like failure
And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Having just heard a couple of the Soundgarden boots I have to reaffirm that Matt Cameron is one of the greatest drummers ever!! He is a fucking badass and Pearl Jam was a great band (one of my favorites) before him and is one of the greatest live bands ever with him. After Jack left I still take it for granted that he is Pearl Jam's drummer.
    Oh yeah! How can he not be when he came up with not only the coolest beats (JCP, Rhinosaur etc) but awesome songs like Mailman, Fresh Tendrils (I love the riff) and Room A Thousand Years Wide! :):):)
  • Matt is an all purpose drummer. He has been through the hard club knocks and is always supportive: however I would like him to look into the use of larger drums. Small clubs and bad engineers can't mix the awsome power off a 26"+ bass but this is the big time and the melody heads need the deep control of the lower registers.
    DO <> RE <> MI FA <> SOL <> LA <> SI DO
    1 <> 2 <> 3 4 <> 5 <> 6 <> 7 8
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    hes my favorite drummer period. and a great musician. i love his song contributions from PJ and soundgarden. not to mention wellwater conspiracy where he is the singer and main songwriter. matt cameron has a pretty good singing voice. matt cameron FTW
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Yes. He is badass.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • His songs are outstanding, despite what douchebags in this forum say.
  • I love, love Wellwater Conspiracy! Right of Left Field is such an awesome song and I love their cover of Something In The Air.
  • NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    I think Matt is fantastic on these two performances:

Grievance (Letterman)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOjKePx59A8

Insignificance (Pinkpop 2000)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMN4WaE7nOY
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • I think he is more of a badass drummer than a badass thread
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i think he now is officially badass as he has his own badass thread now...

love that he gets the chance to show his badassness with the even flow solo!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • I think he is more of a badass drummer than a badass thread

Touche. Thank you for the syntax (?) correction.

• CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    They were already the most explosive and tightest live band around before Matt...but with Matt...nobody...and I mean nobody can touch them.

Five brilliant musicians...all on the same page.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    sticky this... oh and no drummer can jam out like matt. he hits the toms and cymbals at the perfect time during RVM,porch,we
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Great drummer but that wave he does at the end of the show always cracks me up. :D hehe
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ilove that he gets the chance to show his badassness with the even flow solo!

thats the worst thing ever.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    thats the worst thing ever.

As much as I love Matt, I have to agree with you here about Matt's soloing during Even Flow. Not that it isn't great drumming but its cheesy in an 80's metal sense. I like certain 80's metal but not excessive soloing. This isn't Motley Crue.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Matt is badass!

I don't mind the Evenflow solo. I like how it mixed things up (slightly) from pretty much the same EXACT snoozefest that they have playing the last 10 years at EVERY show.
    I wish they'd just mix Matt's "mix" in with some different guitar work and just jam out a bit. Sorry guys, I love Mikey but his solos are mind-numbingly boring and overly repetitive anymore.
  • This is good argument for Who You Are being added back into rotation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g5EpeGGlRo

Imagine this power unleashed on Who You Are!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Matt cameron is awesome.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014