Options

Guitar Hero just made my day

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,868
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Okay lets start this off by saying I do not play guitar hero

I teach and a student came up to me today and started talking about Pearl Jam, because it is on Guitar Hero(and because I have 8 Pearl jam posters hanging in my class). He actually asked me to play Pearl Jam as he thought evenflow was a pretty sweet tune.

So finally the younger generation will hopefully find Pearl Jam and ditch all thier Emo shit once and for all.

Next GH track should be........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    awesome....i teach 6th grade and have kids who have parents my age, so i always show them my stickman tat and tell them to tell their parents about it....usually they're pretty receptive.

i did play the gh with evenflow...it was cool....next song should be life wasted?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Off topic...
    I saw Tom Morello last week and he was talking about being on Guitar Hero III... he said it was kinda wierd seeing this odd computer image of himself...
    Anyway... he was working in the studio with a friend and the guy's 16 year old daughter said, 'He's (Tom) gonna shred on Guitar Hero.'
    After work, they went to the friend's house and up in the daughter's room were about 50 kids waiting to see Tom play.
    Turns out... he sucked because he didn't know which button to push and when and ended up in the Beginner mode doing 'Poison' songs and sucking at that.
    He said the looks on those kids faces was really sad.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Next GH track should be
    ...here's a list :D...

given to fly
    once
    state of love and trust

if u play gh, just picture those notes coming to you
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Yes, some friends of mine have been getting into PJ because of GH. I let them listen to some other good PJ, and some get hooked. I'm glad I can talk about PJ to my friends now.

On the other hand, with that comes the bad side of the ones that like Even Flow so they go out and buy Ten and call themselves hardcore fans even though they still think PJ isn't around anymore. I don't associate myself with these ones.
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Next GH track should be........

Leash... :)
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Leash... :)

Right on!
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    rvm would be cool, or i'd love to play the solo in alive :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    jackwvu wrote:
    awesome....i teach 6th grade and have kids who have parents my age, so i always show them my stickman tat and tell them to tell their parents about it....usually they're pretty receptive.

i did play the gh with evenflow...it was cool....next song should be life wasted?

life wasted was in guitar hero 2. except it was a shitty cover.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    itsevobaby wrote:
    rvm would be cool, or i'd love to play the solo in alive :D

Has to be done with guitar behind you head ala MM :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    How about Lukin?
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Has to be done with guitar behind you head ala MM :)
    yep, they'll replace 'star power' with 'bad @ss mofo' power
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    How about MFC, great rif and some great bass for the multi-player gig.
  • Options
    I hate guitar hero... But even flow is fun to play.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    i attempted playing guitar hero once and that just did not work out at all. i think the next song should be...Sad, that song makes me want to learn how to play the guitar.
  • Options
    Gotta be something with a wicked insane 'Cready solo.

So nothing off No Code ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    life wasted was already on guitar hero2 for xbox!

I think it should be Alive!!

Alive is on some sort of vocal game...the equivalent of guitar hero but with a microphone and singing
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,123
    Gotta be something with a wicked insane 'Cready solo.

So nothing off No Code ;)

Well, the last 30 seconds or so of Habit kicks some ass....
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Even Flow is hella fun to play on GH!
    The next song is definitely going to have to be a big hit they had. I can see Alive go on, personally. Rearviewmirror or Leash would OWN. Even Animal! I'd like Rock Band to basically take over the whole Guitar Hero. Pearl Jam on Rock Band? Fuck yeah!
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    RVM or Corduroy
  • Options
    ledbetter of course
  • Options
    ledbetter of course
    good call
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I just beat One on hard :eek:
    My day is made even though today is almost over. It'll make tomorrow for me too.

Now if only I could do Raining Blood too ;)