complete and utter chaos on The Porch

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I love this. It reminds me of March-May of 2006. A few dates announced of an Ed solo tour, no word on if PJ or Ed will tour in the summer. No hints. Those of us who cant make it to one of the 5 shows have to hope one of two things: either Ed extends the tour and adds more dates or of course that PJ will tour over the summer. But have they ever toured before the release of a record extensively? It seems like they would announce a new tour in November or whatever for the election. But beyond of course that we have :Ticket and credit card troubles. Will they or wont they announce more dates and if they do when will that be?

It’s a free for all.

I love PJ and am a 10 club member, but why couldn’t they do things more like Radiohead. Announce at least the states or cities they will tour in. No need for dates, just give us the cities. Tell us if Ed is doing more than these 5 shows. Tell us if PJ will tour over the summer. No need for actual dates just tell us, either ed’s playing more dates or he isn’t. Either PJ is touring, or they are not. Where is Kat, and Sea and Tim?

Radiohead is already selling tickets for their summer tour. Jack Johnson and Ben Harper should be announcing soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I love PJ and am a 10 club member, but why couldn’t they do things more like Radiohead. Announce at least the states or cities they will tour in. No need for dates, just give us the cities.
    Maybe because there are no states or cities to announce? Do bands usually announce they won't tour? Not the ones I know.
  • redrock wrote:
    Maybe because there are no states or cities to announce? Do bands usually announce they won't tour? Not the ones I know.

my thoughts exactly

to me, and I am no one, it looks like this is the deal

Bonnaroo (confirmed)
    Ed Solo dates (confirmed)
    Austin City Limits (rumored so far) btw: this is a reliable source
    Some NYC Charity Show (rumored so far)
    ....even rumors of a couple of other Charity Shows

.....and work on a new CD scheduled to start soon (also rumored)

plus No Tour Dates or even Rumors of a Tour this year

that is what I have heard so far (so you can see the rumors are flyin like mad)

if history has taught us anything, it's usually 3 years between CDs so we are due for one in 2009

~maybe they should change the name from The Message Pit to The Rumor Mill
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Reasons for not posting more tour dates.

1. No other dates to be posted. Period.

2. Not adding dates until seeing how fast the confirmed shows sell out.

3. Venues have not confirmed and any information would be speculation.

So let's see what might be the outcome, if they said "Ed will be playing Seattle" and it wasn't confirmed. Then the "speculated" show is a no go due to scheduling conflicts either with Ed, the rest of the band or the venues.

The shit would hit the fan. Literally.

Fans possibly had foregone tickets to a confirmed show believing the speculated Seattle show was a go. Now they would be completely SOL.

Sorry if the tour so far doesn't meet your expectations, perhaps you need to lower your expectations.
  • Surf Life wrote:
    Reasons for not posting more tour dates.

1. No other dates to be posted. Period.

2. Not adding dates until seeing how fast the confirmed shows sell out.

3. Venues have not confirmed and any information would be speculation.

So let's see what might be the outcome, if they said "Ed will be playing Seattle" and it wasn't confirmed. Then the "speculated" show is a no go due to scheduling conflicts either with Ed, the rest of the band or the venues.

The shit would hit the fan. Literally.

Fans possibly had foregone tickets to a confirmed show believing the speculated Seattle show was a go. Now they would be completely SOL.

Sorry if the tour so far doesn't meet your expectations, perhaps you need to lower your expectations.

my only complaint about the Ed Solo Tour is it's only on the West Coast

I would have liked to have seen it in major cities all over the U.S.

even if it was only 7-10 dates, spread the love around

.....maybe he's giving them one last hooray before the big Quake hits and all of Cali falls into the Ocean

hahahahahahahahaha
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08