Options

Questions about meeting the band/have you met them

EddiesGuitarGirlEddiesGuitarGirl Posts: 96
edited December 2007 in The Porch
1) I was watching immagine today and saw that Mike was signing some stuff for fans. Does he usually do this all the time before or after concerts? And do all the guys come out and do a meet and greet before/after concerts?

2) If you've met one of them what was he like/story?
Adge
12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    well, your eddie's guitar girl so i'm guessing you've met them :p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    1) I was watching immagine today and saw that Mike was signing some stuff for fans. Does he usually do this all the time before or after concerts? And do all the guys come out and do a meet and greet before/after concerts?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=215645

My Mike story :D
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    1) Not usually.

2) I have never met any band member :( but what I have read on here and elsewhere they are ALWAYS Nice. except Stone.

:)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Met Mike twice... was really cool both times...

Met Ed once, gave me a guitar pick, also was great...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    no, not really.... so no need to do the stalking/groupie thing.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

I have met Mike two times and I need to tell you, The Mike you see on the DVD is the same Mike you will meet in person. After the last Flight To Mars show he hung out for at least a half hour shaking hands, signing aoutographs, and taking picture. He is the greatest guy to meet!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    well, your eddie's guitar girl so i'm guessing you've met them :p

well yeah, i posted it just so fans could share their stories =)

lol sadly i havent met any of them.

^^Why whats wrong with Stone?
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    I met Matt while walking around downtown Chicago on my way to Walgreen's the day of Lolla. I told him I was a big fan, got a luke-warm handshake from him. I figured what the hell and asked him if I could get a picture with him. He said sure a bit tepidly and his wife snapped the pic on my cell phone.

Evidently, he wasn't too annoyed. He had a big smile in the picture.
  • Options
    Someone posted a story about meeting them in an airport over their South America tour...

Apparently their security was kinda tough about pictures/autographs/etc, but the band was cool.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Lizard wrote:
    but what I have read on here and elsewhere they are ALWAYS Nice. except Stone.

When I met Stone earlier this year after his Brad gig he couldn't have been nicer. He looked really tired but was still very nice about taking pics with fans as well as signing autographs. Not to mention that he was very appreciative about all of the fans supporting Brad.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    well yeah, i posted it just so fans could share their stories =)

lol sadly i havent met any of them.

^^Why whats wrong with Stone?

i was joking about Stone......kinda flopped. :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I met Jeff and he stole my basketball...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    http://a548.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_06015603fb1f89d864c3e656d8cf41e3.jpg

I'm the dude in the green lolla shirt with the monster on it that looks like a friggin spaz because I was in the process of meeting Mike McCready.

Basically what happened was:

The day after Lollapalooza we spent the entire morning debating on what we were going to do on our last day in Chicago (I'm from Olympia, Wa). Eventually we decided to check our luggage early for the flight home. After arriving at the airport, we decided we needed coffee and ran to the nearest starbucks stand. There was a sign on the counter "back in 5"...

Now at this point I'm a little grumpy...didn't really sleep after the show and the thought of going home and going back to work is starting to set in. At this point my girlfriend starts tapping me on the shoulder. Irritated, I asked her what she wanted. She pointed over my shoulder...I turn around and fucking Mike McCready is standing right behind us in line. I said hello, shook his hand, took a picture...usual Rockstar/fan stuff. Then, after getting his coffee he just hung around for about 10 minutes chatting with us. He introduced us to his baby daughter and wife. He talked to us about being in a band (the other guy in the picture and I are in a band together). He asked if we had a good bass player...I pointed to my friend (he's an amazing bass player). Mike pointed at me and then himself and said "Good..guitar players are a dime a dozen...bass players are hard to come by."

sorry that was a bit long of a story but there you go.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    http://a548.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_06015603fb1f89d864c3e656d8cf41e3.jpg

I'm the dude in the green lolla shirt with the monster on it that looks like a friggin spaz because I was in the process of meeting Mike McCready.

Basically what happened was:

The day after Lollapalooza we spent the entire morning debating on what we were going to do on our last day in Chicago (I'm from Olympia, Wa). Eventually we decided to check our luggage early for the flight home. After arriving at the airport, we decided we needed coffee and ran to the nearest starbucks stand. There was a sign on the counter "back in 5"...

Now at this point I'm a little grumpy...didn't really sleep after the show and the thought of going home and going back to work is starting to set in. At this point my girlfriend starts tapping me on the shoulder. Irritated, I asked her what she wanted. She pointed over my shoulder...I turn around and fucking Mike McCready is standing right behind us in line. I said hello, shook his hand, took a picture...usual Rockstar/fan stuff. Then, after getting his coffee he just hung around for about 10 minutes chatting with us. He introduced us to his baby daughter and wife. He talked to us about being in a band (the other guy in the picture and I are in a band together). He asked if we had a good bass player...I pointed to my friend (he's an amazing bass player). Mike pointed at me and then himself and said "Good..guitar players are a dime a dozen...bass players are hard to come by."

sorry that was a bit long of a story but there you go.

Awesome story and picture. :D

No need to be sorry either.
  • Options
    I met Mike and Stone in St John's. I had my pic taken with Mike and he is the sweetest, most gracious guy in the world :) Stone was very nice also and signed our ticket stubs... Mike was just so cool and was asking us questions.. very nice!!

oh and Jeff said "hey girls " :cool: :D
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Lizard wrote:
    i was joking about Stone......kinda flopped. :)

Stone's fault once again.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    I met Mike and Stone in St John's. I had my pic taken with Mike and he is the sweetest, most gracious guy in the world :) Stone was very nice also and signed our ticket stubs... Mike was just so cool and was asking us questions.. very nice!!

oh and Jeff said "hey girls " :cool: :D
    "hey girls" - I love it! Sweet line, Jeff
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    I've met both Ed and Stone, and both were gentlemen. My Eddie meeting was quick, but amazing. Not once did I get the impression that he was anything but genuinely happy to meet me- a lifetime fan! I got to spend more time with Stone and have an actual conversation with him. I was really interested in what he had to say about non-band issues, such as forrest conservation in Washington. They are great people as well as great musicians.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them, and thank heavens! I'd be crushed if my encounters had gone differently!
  • Options
    I talked to Ed in the early 90's. A very nice guy talking to!
  • Options
    pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    is the nicest to meet. he cares about the fans.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    I met Jeff and he stole my basketball...
    Well, you're lucky. He wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole!