Pearl Jam Will Not Rest Until John McCain Is Elected President

Comments

• VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    such an awful song but funny.

Anyone catch O & A this morning? They were making fun of Stone and pearl jam b/c of this retarded song. They did a little skit made up a bunch of songs with Obama's name. One of the songs was pearl jam playing RITFW with someone singing over Ed "keep on rockin in the Barack world".
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • this song makes me question my allegiance to the band. barack around the clock? for real? thats the kind of retarded wordplay that destroys a band. shark at 2 o'clock!!! Jump it!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    It's a ridcliously corny and stupid song but I think that's kind of the point. Obviously that article is exaggerating when they say Pearl Jam want Obama to lose but if people are going to vote for Obama based on whether a Pearl Jam song is good or not, then the bands integrity is the least of our problems.
  • It says Pearl Jam is supporting Barack, but I have not heard that Ed is one of the supporters. He is not part of the song yet his picture is front and center.
    I want to like Rolling Stone but WTF?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • long red wrote:
    this song makes me question my allegiance to the band. barack around the clock? for real? thats the kind of retarded wordplay that destroys a band. shark at 2 o'clock!!! Jump it!

lol

Barak spoken.... Barak spoken.... Congress TODAYYYYYY!

Clearly I remember... slapping around Hillary...

Seemed a harmless little bitch
  • lol

Barak spoken.... Barak spoken.... Congress TODAYYYYYY!

Clearly I remember... slapping around Hillary...

Seemed a harmless little bitch

this is a wildly inappropriate post on a variety of levels.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • distantsun wrote:
    this is a wildly inappropriate post on a variety of levels.
    What... I thought we were doing Barack song paradies.. how bout this one? there was a lot of fruedian slips on his name in the begining.

Don't call me Osama, not fit to
    This picture
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/Obama-Surf.jpg
    kept will remind you

Don't call me Osama, not fit to
    This picture
    http://www.lazarusrising.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/osama.jpg
    is Osama.. I'm Obama!!
  • Since when are campaign songs supposed to be taken seriously? Let's try lightening up a little. The consensus about this silly tune reminds me of how uptight everyone one at Arnold's became over Richie hiring Bill "Sticks" Downey to play drums in his band on Happy Days.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Since when are campaign songs supposed to be taken seriously? Let's try lightening up a little. The consensus about this silly tune reminds me of how uptight everyone one at Al's Diner became over Richie hiring Bill "Sticks" Downey to play drums in his band on Happy Days.

Yeah... it would be cool if the mods would lighten up a bit and not delete my post. I took a poplular song with a catchy chorus and replaced Jeremy with Oboma, and F*ck with B*tch and it gets deleted......

Thats as much as i thought about it.. then you have people gasping here with imagery of Obama shooting up congress and calling it inapropriate.. these people need to lighten up. I just took a Pearl Jam song with a name in it and replaced it with Obama. I replaced f*ck with b*tch because i needed a different curse.

And even if I did think it out and want to write a post about Obama opening fire and gunning down Hillary, why would that be something that needs to be deleted?
  • I fear PJ is losing its grip on reality. The song was a BAAAAAD idea. I'm embarassed for them.
  • youve got issues brah
    5/24/06 - Boston
    5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08 - Mansfield
    6/30/08 - Mansfield
    8/2/08 - Eddie in Boston (FRONT ROW!)
  • Since when are campaign songs supposed to be taken seriously? Let's try lightening up a little. The consensus about this silly tune reminds me of how uptight everyone one at Arnold's became over Richie hiring Bill "Sticks" Downey to play drums in his band on Happy Days.

I wouldn't have remembered his first name if you didn't say it. Turn the tv off my friend. haha
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Yeah... it would be cool if the mods would lighten up a bit and not delete my post. I took a poplular song with a catchy chorus and replaced Jeremy with Oboma, and F*ck with B*tch and it gets deleted......

Thats as much as i thought about it.. then you have people gasping here with imagery of Obama shooting up congress and calling it inapropriate.. these people need to lighten up. I just took a Pearl Jam song with a name in it and replaced it with Obama. I replaced f*ck with b*tch because i needed a different curse.

And even if I did think it out and want to write a post about Obama opening fire and gunning down Hillary, why would that be something that needs to be deleted?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I never saw your deleted thread, and I was semi-defending Rock Around Barack. I suppose I could understand why the implication that one candidate opens fire on another might ruffle feathers, it's easily construed as in what they call "bad taste".
    UndieTaker wrote:
    I wouldn't have remembered his first name if you didn't say it. Turn the tv off my friend. haha

Oh, I didn't remember the first name either - Wikipedia did. I play more Shadow of the Colossus than watch TV. Unless the Cavs are playing.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding. I never saw your deleted thread, and I was semi-defending Rock Around Barack. I suppose I could understand why the implication that one candidate opens fire on another might ruffle feathers, it's easily construed as in what they call "bad taste".

Oh, I didn't remember the first name either - Wikipedia did. I play more Shadow of the Colossus than watch TV. Unless the Cavs are playing.

No problem. by the way.... Pssst.... you can still see my post quoted in another. The Man can't bring me down!!
  • SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    I'm a bit concerned about Obama's chances now...i mean, look at the effect PJ's "Mitt me with your best shot" had on the Romney campaign...
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I see it's no longer posted on news or stickied....

Looks like the radio djs and talk shows are having a field day with it....

I'm listenting to the Don and Mike show... they spent about 5 minutes making fun of the song... it might be on their podcast later....

http://www.donandmikewebsite.com/main.shtml
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I see it's no longer posted on news or stickied....

Looks like the radio djs and talk shows are having a field day with it....

I'm listenting to the Don and Mike show... they spent about 5 minutes making fun of the song... it might be on their podcast later....

http://www.donandmikewebsite.com/main.shtml

lol... the radio djs said they are getting a ton of call by pj fans (the station is DC based)... at least they let one of the guys on the air to clarify that it was all Stone's fault....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • this one should be dissavowed like Birdman sessions.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    regardless of whether it's a good song or not I'm sure it wasn't mean to be taken seriously (hope so anyway). It's not their new single only a campaign filler track.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08