I am the Wolf/Bear Whisperer!

eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So, to celebrate my wife’s b-day on Sunday while backpacking in the Sawtooths, I managed to convince three different wolf packs to start a midnight howling competition in her honor and then arranged for a beautiful black bear to make an appearance the next morning to show Jamie its cute and fluffy cub. I’m telling you people that they just don’t come much sweeter than ol’ eyed.

What would you like for your b-day? Rabid moose? I'll see what I can do...
Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    eyedclaar wrote:
    So, to celebrate my wife’s b-day on Sunday while backpacking in the Sawtooths, I managed to convince three different wolf packs to start a midnight howling competition in her honor and then arranged for a beautiful black bear to make an appearance the next morning to show Jamie its cute and fluffy cub. I’m telling you people that they just don’t come much sweeter than ol’ eyed.

What would you like for your b-day? Rabid moose? I'll see what I can do...

(did you get to pet the bear? They're really soft! :D )

Hmmm bears are covered...maybe some lions and tigers? Oh My!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • i would like a Tasmanian devil for my b-day...its not till May so you have plenty of time to perfect your Tasmanian devil whispering skills 8-)
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Still waiting on the wolverine. :roll:
    :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

D'oh! Wolverines are a dish best served cold. It will be mailed this week. Chadwick, your $ as well. Sorry, been wrestlin' bears. You know how it goes...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • i like sea otters

see from now on when the wifes shout YOU DO LITTLE ...you know shes not calling you lazy its your animal conversation skills..at least its worth a try :D
  • eyedclaar wrote:

D'oh! Wolverines are a dish best served cold.

+1
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    eyedclaar wrote:

D'oh! Wolverines are a dish best served cold. It will be mailed this week. Chadwick, your $ as well. Sorry, been wrestlin' bears. You know how it goes...

Don't worry about the book _ just make sure to punch a couple of holes in the top of the box so the wolverine can breathe. And a couple of scoops of Purina Wolverine Chow, too.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    eyedclaar wrote:

Don't worry about the book _ just make sure to punch a couple of holes in the top of the box so the wolverine can breathe. And a couple of scoops of Purina Wolverine Chow, too.

What if it gets thirsty? Poor wolverine... :cry:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Hey Eyed, you ever heard of a Blue Bear? i was watching NatGeo Channel this weekend and there was a guy insearch of a rare Blue Bear in Alaska, soppossedly the size of a grizzly with the coat of a Black Bear, but with a blue tint and dark blue patches. There was one old pic some one had that he took like 25 years ago, said they think long ago they were common, the blue used to help the bear blend into the sea ice, but once the Grizzles and Black bear's moved into it's territory they started interbreeding with it and there traits took over.
    This thread....

wolf-bear--9243.jpg

- Christopher McCandless
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    That's cool---no video??

I have always been partial to raccoons. but NOT a hat!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    If you could get me a nice Dingo, that'd be sweet! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

hope you don't have any babies laying around...(sorry couldn't resist)

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Somebody had to, always makes me think of Oz
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Somebody had to, always makes me think of Oz

Makes me think of Seinfeld
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

No it's okay, in fact...I kind of did that as an opening for one of my fellow Seinfeld fans to take the bait.

Well done! :lol::D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

No it's okay, in fact...I kind of did that as an opening for one of my fellow Seinfeld fans to take the bait.

Well done! :lol::D

:D I'm terrible...when channel surfing, I have to pretend I don't see that Seinfeld is on, because even if it's halfway thru, and I start watching, I am either: a) trying to remember the next joke or b) trying to find Superman...

- Christopher McCandless