Take nothing for granted

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Just got back from the funeral of one of the most genuinely sweet and nice people ever. She was murdered in cold blood Wednesday night for $400 dollars. She and her husband had just celebrated their 25th anniversary last week and she leaves behind two children as well as a year old grandboy.

I could go on and on, but the main thing is that we should never take anything for granted....tell the people you love how much you do love them and tell them often. Don't let silly insignificant arguments ever get in the way. It's true you never know when tomorrow may not come.

Peace
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Wow.

Sorry to hear that.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • I am so sorry.

You are right though. Life is so fleeting. Savour every moment.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    That is so sad. I try to tell my loved ones I love them whenever I can.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • This is horribly tragic.
    My thoughts and good vibes being sent to their family and yours.

I lost a loved one this week as well. Its sad that it takes something so awful to open our eyes to life and love...
    If you love someone, have something to say to someone, something to share with the world, dont hesitate for a single second.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I am sorry to hear about this yellow. I lost my mom this past week to cancer. but yes it's true ENJOY YOUR LIFE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, my mom kept waiting for her retirement to enjoy life and she died almost 1 month into her retirement and was in the hospital for the past 2 months.
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Yes. This is so true and we forget all the time. Take care of those we love, life is gone in a second. I'm sorry. Bless you and their family.
  • Thanks for all the well wishes. It really was the most gut drenching and awful things I've ever been closely associated with. They live just about two or three miles up the road from and I've known the husband all my life, known her since they started dating.
    People always say 'you never expect anything like this to happen around here' and that is exactly the case here...a very small tight-knit community. The church was packed to the gills, people couldn't even get inside.
    It couldn't get much worse but the evidence seems to point toward somebody who knew them having done this. They run a tack shop out of a small building behind their house and nobody would ever look at that place and think it would be a good target for robbery unless they had some kind of knowledge of it. It just doesn't seem random.
    Hopefully an arrest can be made very soon

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Appreciate all life and love everyday.
    I'm very sorry, prayers for all who loved her and for your community.
    This sadness brings people together, it is the silver lining.
  • pandora wrote:
    Yeah, that's what the mother-in-law told me and cole at the funeral home yesterday morning...that all the people have been what has kept going through the whole thing and it would be even more difficult when it was all over and everybody went away. But the people around here will always be there for them I know.
    Everybody spent the whole day at the church, all the woman fixed a huge meal and we just hung out basically. It's still hard to believe. Cole's sister was really tight with them...babysat for them for years and went on vacation's with them and stuff before she got married. She's taking it really hard along with a lot of other people

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    Yeah, that's what the mother-in-law told me and cole at the funeral home yesterday morning...that all the people have been what has kept going through the whole thing and it would be even more difficult when it was all over and everybody went away. But the people around here will always be there for them I know.
    Everybody spent the whole day at the church, all the woman fixed a huge meal and we just hung out basically. It's still hard to believe. Cole's sister was really tight with them...babysat for them for years and went on vacation's with them and stuff before she got married. She's taking it really hard along with a lot of other people
    Hugs to you both Jake, its so hard to make any sense of all the hurt. This will bring the two of you even closer, sharing pain like this, another silver lining.... the growing love you two share and realizing how invaluable you are to each other.
  • pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Hugs to you both Jake, its so hard to make any sense of all the hurt. This will bring the two of you even closer, sharing pain like this, another silver lining.... the growing love you two share and realizing how invaluable you are to each other.
    Thanks...you're right too. We've done a lot of talking the last few days....hours and hours of it.
    Normally on Wednesday evenings we are out on the road riding around for the most part delivering a few free papers to family and we normally would've gone right by their house and if we had the other night it would've been during the range of time during which they think it happened. I just wish we had and could've possibly seen a vehicle or something.

• No real news of any solid leads right now, but I really think they may be onto someone or have an idea. Hope so anyway.
    The family offered a $2000 reward Monday and since then it has grown to $15000 as of early this morning with people making donations. I'm sure it will continue to grow, too.
    Still can't stop thinking about this and talking about it trying to make some kind of sense out of it...but of course there's no way to make any sense of it I realize. It was just senseless, coldhearted murder for $400.

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    That's awful----sorry to read this.

And condolences to you Fife, re your mom.

You are right YBelly---take nothing for granted.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    I've said it many times, that it is almost beyond my comprehension how a person can disregard human life.

I just dont understand how they can block out the pain that they cause other people when they take an innocent life.

Live a day for her.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • my condolences to you yellow
    We were but stones your light made us stars