Options

Julia Roberts took Eddie Vedder hostage!

Comments

• Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    i think ed's missus looks a bit like julia roberts. just sayin'.

alls i know is ed could hang out with me any day but i'm as boring as a cat's arse and i imagine he'd probably pass out from lack of mental stimulation.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    :D
    Post edited by doom_pony on
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    The thing is, Eddie was working there. He wasn't out in town with buddies, he and Monkeywrench have financial interests linked with the movie, it could be part of the deal for him to attend premiere. Eddie is still avoiding celebrity - he skipped the red carpet, and avoided being photographed. The fact that he had a few friends there doesn't mean that it wasn't a job.
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    pandora wrote:
    I wonder if Javier Bardem was in that room too :shock: Him and Eddie in the same room, that could be my hostage fantasy ;)

javier.jpg?t=1281595521
  • Options
    TUTMAN08TUTMAN08 Posts: 82
    Does it embarrass any of you that you are on a message board talking about the social life of a grown man that you have never met? :lol:

Well said hopethatuchoke. I try to not weigh in on these posts but think many of you need to give EV a break. He lives a high profile life and as a result comes in contact with other high profile people. If he is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to write songs for movies - we as fans - should be happy for him and for his success. Plus it is more of his music for us to enjoy.

Let the guy live his life without dissecting every part of what he does and who he does it with.

Be thankful for the words and the music and celebrate them.
  • Options
    gecko wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I wonder if Javier Bardem was in that room too :shock: Him and Eddie in the same room, that could be my hostage fantasy ;)

javier.jpg?t=1281595521

call me crazy, but i think that's true love
  • Options
    also, i think that lady behind javier is doubting ed's commitment to sparkle motion.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    if i was famous i'd hang out with cool celebs as well... i mean what's the alternatives? hanging out with people from a message board who are obsessed about someone to the point they think he's sold out for having famous amigos... or hanging out with cool fuckers who sniff cocaine off a strippers arse cheeks?

i know my preference ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    i'd rather hang out with the people i've met from this board that someone who sniffs coke off strippers butt cheeks.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    doompony wrote:
    i'd rather hang out with the people i've met from this board that someone who sniffs coke off strippers butt cheeks.

you don't know if those people you've met do sniff coke from a strippers arse. ;)

hmmm... i was kinda joking as I've met loads of cool people from this board and they are great... but you've got to admit there is a hardcore sect amongst PJ fans who are a bit 'full-on' with their obsessive fanaticism.. and it's those people who continually harp on about Ed's selling out, his fringe, his friends, what he said 14 years ago and is it still relevant..

i mean who cares if he's friends with Kings of Leon or some surfer bloke... who actually gives a fuck about that?

strange.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    BlahBlah Posts: 469
    Does it embarrass any of you that you are on a message board talking about the social life of a grown man that you have never met? :lol:

Hey you clicked on it and read through the whole thread. :lol:

But ya who cares people.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Paul David wrote:
    it's like some people just don't think that Ed deserves to have fun unless it's with a bunch of homeless people on the streets of Chicago.
    :lol:
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    People change.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    Flagg wrote:
    People change.

Exactly.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

You mean that YOU'VE never met. :P
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Who cares? Ed can hang out with anyone he wants.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Why am I not surprised that Ed would be hanging out with the people downstairs the longest? The same reason in that picture of him and Conan at Conan's Seattle show, Ed's chair was sitting in front of his open dressing room door. ;)
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    P-R-I-V-A-C-Y is priceless to me............
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    doompony wrote:
    also, i think that lady behind javier is doubting ed's commitment to sparkle motion.

Good Call. LMAO Thank you for making my morning. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Paul David wrote:
    It's pretty simple really...he was vocal about things, so he put himself out there. His and the bands action in some areas show that those things are no longer important to them.

I'm not judging. I'm observing.

I went back and read the whole article. what exactly about it makes you think that Ed no longer stands for certain things? the fact that he was at the party? the fact that he spent most of his time with the "real people" in the main room instead of in JR's private room? the fact that he seemed to have a good time?

:roll:

Nothing from the article. Other things. But I don't care, I like the music and I never got all hung up on his ranting and his political points of view. BUt I can see how others may feel different.

If you don;t think anything's changed, good for you. Keep on keepin on.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Paul David wrote:
    oh, you people. judging him for thinking you knew who he was/is. Gimme a break.

It's pretty simple really...he was vocal about things, so he put himself out there. His and the bands action in some areas show that those things are no longer important to them.

I'm not judging. I'm observing.

Yeah we were all young and angry once. Fucking getting older does that to you.
    I think current eddie would think young eddie a bit of a idiot actually. all arms no head

I think you are right.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    doompony wrote:

you don't know if those people you've met do sniff coke from a strippers arse. ;)

that's true. i mean i did meet ziggy and zenith.
  • Options
    ok, I didn't realize you were talking about something completely unrelated to this thread. :?

Nothing from the article. Other things. But I don't care, I like the music and I never got all hung up on his ranting and his political points of view. BUt I can see how others may feel different.

If you don;t think anything's changed, good for you. Keep on keepin on.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    Without a tour or new record....people around here get goofy. Too much hero worship as well. IMO
  • Options
    Someone lock this thread...please.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    yataheyatahe New Mexico Posts: 168
    I am proud of the route Pearl Jam took back in the day as far as being celebrities and how they handled it because now the can enjoy it without being hounded by papraziis and Entertainment Tonight (for example). Know what I mean? Still, I can understand him hanging out with celebrities just for the fact that they can understand each other; what it's like to be a celebrity and have so many fans.
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • Options
    Someone lock this thread...please.

+1
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    MB50486 wrote:
    Without a tour or new record....people around here get goofy. Too much hero worship as well. IMO

where have you been for the past 15+ years or so. this board has always been a hero worship.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i bet the band is embarrassed too. they probably laugh at stupid stuff like this. i know i do.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    metsfan wrote:
    MB50486 wrote:

where have you been for the past 15+ years or so. this board has always been a hero worship.

Digging in Ed's garbage... :oops: :oops: