They.

Fucking.

Suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Who?
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    Exactly! I've only heard NPR's All Songs Considered and a few people who are REALLY into music talk about them. I haven't listened to their new/first (?) album yet so I can't really say. But to call an indie band overrated like them is a bit of a misnomer. They're not even rated.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Mumford & Sons.

They.

Fucking.

Suck.

LIAR!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • swany24swany24 Posts: 52
    Huge fan of Mumford & Sons here. Great album!!!!!!
  • Nothing I would pay to see specifically but if I were at a festival and no one at all was playing besides them, I would probably choose to get something to eat or something.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I like The Cave but can't say I've heard that much. Plenty of bands I'd prefer to listen to but plenty I'd put behind this bunch.
  • And here I was thinking this was going to be another Tool thread...

:lol:
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    Haha, I agree on the over rated. But the definitely don't suck. They're just alright.

I think people see them as a relatively unknown act, so they treat them as their little favorite band that know one else knows about.

You know the jibber-jabber, "You ever heard of Mumford and Sons? They're so mind blowing!!! I go to all their shows, their music is so powerful...." blah blah.

Basically trying to hype them up and taking the credit of finding out about them first.

Except they're everyone's favorite little band so everyone throws out those comments, hence the over hyping.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Haha, I agree on the over rated. But the definitely don't suck. They're just alright.

I think people see them as a relatively unknown act, so they treat them as their little favorite band that know one else knows about.

You know the jibber-jabber, "You ever heard of Mumford and Sons? They're so mind blowing!!! I go to all their shows, their music is so powerful...." blah blah.

Basically trying to hype them up and taking the credit of finding out about them first.

Except they're everyone's favorite little band so everyone throws out those comments, hence the over hyping.
    thats the problem with the "indie" scene in a nutshell... everyone's looking for the next big band to say "i knew them first" instead of truly following a band... really a laughable idea with the internet, urban outfitters, etc... theres nothing "indie" about any of it anymore

I'm sure there are plenty of "indie" bands i could get into... I'd just rather wait for them to prove themselves with 2 or 3 albums instead of obsessively follow pitchfork and go to open mic nights at pretentious coffee shops
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Take your hand and put the number one sign up in the air. And don't bring it down all day. Perfect.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    I don't know, good music is good music. doesn't matter if they have 0 albums or 2-3 albums.

I'd rather see a band at a club show versus a theatre venue though. Seems to me that bands who are on their 2nd or 3rd album seem to draw in the most "scenesters"

But, It's pretty easy to spot people who are contrived and trying too hard versus those who are just into the music.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • They're pretty good. The singer has a Dave Matthews sound. They would work for movie soundtracks.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I preferred them when they were known as The Wurzels.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    Hahaha, I had to go to youtube to see what the Wurzels are like... I watched I Am a Cider Drinker and haven't stopped laughing yet. hahahahaha

But seriously, I think Mumford & Sons are a good band.
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Mumford & Sons.

They.

Fucking.

Suck.

This is true
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    guess you werent at lolla....theyre amazing....sorry about your taste in music....I'm sure AFI will release something soon
    Sawyer wrote:
    guess you werent at lolla....theyre amazing....sorry about your taste in music....I'm sure AFI will release something soon

Did daddy buy those tickets? Or were you able to afford them all by yourself like a big boy?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Sawyer wrote:

Did daddy buy those tickets? Or were you able to afford them all by yourself like a big boy?

meow.

:P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    swany24 wrote:
    Huge fan of Mumford & Sons here. Great album!!!!!!

:D
  • FraserFraser Posts: 30
    Saw them at a festival a few months ago.... horrible. just horrible. :(
    Leeds Festival - Aug 25, 2006
    Shepherd's Bush Empire - London - Aug 11, 2009
    The O2 - Dublin - Jun 22, 2010
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    I have to amend my previous post and question the person who started this sanity. Mumford & Son's album is amazing!! It's in the top 2 (Arcade Fire maybe) of the year! How does anyone not like this band?
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Mumford & Sons.

They.

Fucking.

Suck.

Never heard of them
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    g under p wrote:
    Mumford & Sons.

They.

Fucking.

Suck.

Never heard of them

Check out my LOVIN thread in AET
    Still stand by this. If anything, time has only backed me up.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Sounds like a business name more than a band name.
    "where did you get your car fixed?"
    "at Mumford & Sons"
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited December 2017
    Had a friend who went to London from Sweden with her whole family on her birthday to watch Mumford & Sons. And they had bought fake tickets. She was devastated. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"