Options

Emails from Ten Club

Riot ActorRiot Actor Posts: 14
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Are people now getting emails from ten club saying they were successful in securing tickets for their respective shows? Just checking, thanks.
can't keep me here...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I got an email telling me I didnt get in.
    Booooooo
    ;)
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Riot Actor wrote:
    Are people now getting emails from ten club saying they were successful in securing tickets for their respective shows? Just checking, thanks.

yes. got one 40 minutes ago.

EDIT - I'll add the e-mail (which has been posted in other threads)

Hello Ten Club Member:

You were successful in securing tickets to the 4/7/08 Berkeley show at Zellerbach Theater. Here are a few things to know about your tickets:

1. Tickets will be received at will call on the evening of the show.

2. The box office will open at 5:30pm for ticket distribution. Any additional information about box office location will follow closer to the date of the show.

3. Doors will open at 6:30pm and the show will start at 7:30pm.

4. You must present photo identification to collect the tickets.

5. The fan club member who purchased the tickets must be in attendance to receive the tickets.

6. No reselling of Ten Club tickets or all future ticket benefits will be revoked.

7. No transfers or exchanges.

8. You will receive 2 reserved seated tickets, which will be seated together.

9. Seat location will be randomly chosen in advance; seniority does not apply. Early arrival at box office will not effect seat location.

10. Show respect for one another and have fun!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    9. Seat location will be randomly chosen in advance; seniority does not
    apply. Early arrival at box office will not effect seat location.

Just got mine as well.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    yes. got one 40 minutes ago.

EDIT - I'll add the e-mail (which has been posted in other threads)

Hello Ten Club Member:

You were successful in securing tickets to the 4/7/08 Berkeley show at Zellerbach Theater. Here are a few things to know about your tickets:

1. Tickets will be received at will call on the evening of the show.

2. The box office will open at 5:30pm for ticket distribution. Any additional information about box office location will follow closer to the date of the show.

3. Doors will open at 6:30pm and the show will start at 7:30pm.

4. You must present photo identification to collect the tickets.

5. The fan club member who purchased the tickets must be in attendance to receive the tickets.

6. No reselling of Ten Club tickets or all future ticket benefits will be revoked.

7. No transfers or exchanges.

9. Seat location will be randomly chosen in advance; seniority does not apply. Early arrival at box office will not effect seat location.

10. Show respect for one another and have fun!

Booooo.
    hehehe
    Show off....
    Kidding.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    mookie9999 wrote:
    9. Seat location will be randomly chosen in advance; seniority does not
    apply. Early arrival at box office will not effect seat location.

Just got mine as well.

Great news!!! ...............who wants stand in line at the box office all day when you can be enjoying the pre show warm up activities ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Great news!!! ...............who wants stand in line at the box office all day when you can be enjoying the pre show warm up activities ;)

I know I don't!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Booooo.
    hehehe
    Show off....
    Kidding.

NO ... me? NO, NO WAY .... never .... nope .... naaah .... uh ... (ok, maybe a little). ;)

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,719
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Just got mine as well.

Me too! :)
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    NO ... me? NO, NO WAY .... never .... nope .... naaah .... uh ... (ok, maybe a little). ;)

I knew it....

But hey you are allowed.
    But just this once.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    got mine!!!! :D

my favorite part

:D
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I knew it....

But hey you are allowed.
    But just this once.

thanks! you're a peach! :p

(and no, I didn't get tickets to 3 or 4 shows and start a whole new thread about it, just tickets to this one show.)

• Options
    cutback wrote:

I wonder if they'd do it backwards? Higher numbers closer, etc..
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options

I'm guessing they won't really look at your numbers ... as posted elsewhere ... if you did get a 10c seat, you're going to be very close.

• Options
    cutback wrote:

my favorite part

i liked my e-mail too...

Dearest SPEEDY ...

We here at the 10 club were very happy to hear that you spent hours on the computer Monday and your asscheeks and computer chair have now become ONE. Also we were happy to hear that you did not get tickets for another show. We at the 10 club are wondering how long it is going to take you to realize that the way we distribute tickets is HORSESHIT? Isnt it a fact SPEEDY, that EVERY SINGLE TIME you have attempted to get tickets from this website it has been nothing but hours and hours of aggravation for you? You would think a grown man such as yourself would have already learned his lesson.

The 10club
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

i think it's truly random.....but i'm assuming the 10c seats will be closest.....either way these places are so small i think any seat will be a good seat...:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i think it's truly random.....but i'm assuming the 10c seats will be closest.....either way these places are so small i think any seat will be a good seat...:)

good point. i made a thread about this elsewhere...that even if 10C had 20% of the tickets at each venue, it's still the first like 8-9 rows.

pretty tough to have bad 10c seats at these shows, me thinks.
  • Options
    good point. i made a thread about this elsewhere...that even if 10C had 20% of the tickets at each venue, it's still the first like 8-9 rows.

pretty tough to have bad 10c seats at these shows, me thinks.

Oh yeah, i totally believe this. That's why i'm fucking pumped.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    cutback wrote:

my favorite part

Shouldn't it be affect??

So who wants to bet that hundreds of 10 clubbers are lined up hours before the box office opens cause they don't believe early arrival will not impact seat location.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Poncier wrote:
    So who wants to bet that hundreds of 10 clubbers are lined up hours before the box office opens cause they don't believe early arrival will not impact seat location.
    i'm not sure i trust it. they said early arrival didn't impact at storytellers and that wasn't true... but there were no tickets for that.

(i do realize you're making fun of people like me but i still had to chime in. :D )
  • Options
    STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    Got my e-mail. I didn't join Ten Club until 2003. I read all of these threads about people who sit in the first couple of rows at every show and they should be rewarded for their long time loyalty. I am glad that for this show they are giving all of us, even the relative newbies, a chance to sit up close.

As for early arrival not affecting seat location, I am glad that I won't have to spend the majority of my day in beautiful Santa Barbara waiting in line, but I did have a blast hanging with my fellow Jammers outside the Vic waiting for the doors to open.
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Shouldn't it be affect??

I'll believe it, and drink at a local pub (Jupiter perhaps) up until doors open, or 20 minutes before Liam Finn goes on stage ... for a 2,000 seat venue ... even if I get the last set of 10c tickets, they are still great seats.

• Options
    Ive recieved an email or two from the club.
    Wonder if I will be going?
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Ive recieved an email or two from the club.
    Wonder if I will be going?

well ... are you?

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    nfanel wrote:
    i'm not sure i trust it. they said early arrival didn't impact at storytellers and that wasn't true... but there were no tickets for that.

(i do realize you're making fun of people like me but i still had to chime in. :D )
    I'm not making fun, I'm recalling the "block" system of 2000 and 2003 where we were told early arrival had no impact on seats, but in fact it did...not huge impact, but still a few critical rows.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    well ... are you?

I cant really say...
    I have a feeling about some things... :D

I was one of the few that got charged but didnt get tickets.
    I ve got my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I cant really say...
    I have a feeling about some things... :D

I was one of the few that got charged but didnt get tickets.
    I ve got my fingers crossed.

well ........ good luck to you ... hopefully you'll be bragging soon as well. ;)

(man, might be nice if they tell you before tickets go on sale to the public)

• Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Poncier wrote:
    I'm not making fun, I'm recalling the "block" system of 2000 and 2003 where we were told early arrival had no impact on seats, but in fact it did...not huge impact, but still a few critical rows.
    well either way i'm making fun. we're a crazy bunch of fans. :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,503
    cutback wrote:

10C seating will be structured, 10C will assign tickets alphabetically meaning those with last names that start with the letter A will get the closest seats while those with last names that start with the letter Z will get the farthest seats from the stage,....
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    10C seating will be structured, 10C will assign tickets alphabetically meaning those with last names that start with the letter A will get the closest seats while those with last names that start with the letter Z will get the farthest seats from the stage,....

Which is good if you Hank Aaron.

Not if you're Zachary Zween.