anyone else just get a Live Nation survey re: PJ?

jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Live Nation just sent me this link to a survey they wanted me to take about pearl jam. I played along. 1st they survey was asking about coldplay, not pearl jam. second, is pearl jam using live nation to do market research for them? I certainly hope not!

One interesting idea, though not new, they asked if I would want the opportunity to purchase tour merchandise (i.e. the show poster) when I buy my tickets. HELL YES!!!!!!!!
Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,272
    yea. i just filled it out.
    I miss igotid88
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    i received this too. i'd say that anyone that bought tickets through live nation will get an email with the band name they bought tickets for inserted into the email (e.g. "Donny Osmond fans, take our short survey for a chance to win a pair of tickets to a future Live Nation concert.").

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • i got it too
  • me too, I filled it out but it never asked for me to enter my email address...oh well
    manderaco wrote:
    me too, I filled it out but it never asked for me to enter my email address...oh well
    the survey system is intelligent enough to know who took the survey based on the link that you clicked in the email...so you don't have to enter your email addy. click on the link again and you will see that they know you already took the survey.

ds
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    DarkStar wrote:
    i received this too. i'd say that anyone that bought tickets through live nation will get an email with the band name they bought tickets for inserted into the email (e.g. "Donny Osmond fans, take our short survey for a chance to win a pair of tickets to a future Live Nation concert.").

ds

I got one. I've been receiving emails from Live Nation since I ordered Bridge School tickets through them. Of course, the emails are normally about events in the SF area even though I live in WV.
    NeilJam wrote:
    I got one. I've been receiving emails from Live Nation since I ordered Bridge School tickets through them. Of course, the emails are normally about events in the SF area even though I live in WV.
    LOL...same here...ever since Bridge School a few years back. Interestingly, they know that I also bought Bob Seger tickets, cause my survey was about Bob Seger...which is cool...cause I am a pretty big fan of his.

ds
  • I just got one for Pearl Jam. I got the same survey for the Rolling Stones a week or so ago. I think the questions in the two surveys were geared a little differently though.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    DarkStar wrote:

ds

got it too and agree with this view ...

but you got to admit, when you got that e-mail that and you read "Pearl Jam Fans ... " ... you heart freakin' skipped a beat or 20 ... just like mine :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    jimed14 wrote:
    got it too and agree with this view ...

but you got to admit, when you got that e-mail that and you read "Pearl Jam Fans ... " ... you heart freakin' skipped a beat or 20 ... just like mine :D
    im with you on that.filled mine out too
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • whatdudewhatdude Posts: 143
    got the same link from live nation.....remember seeing a similar link to a U2 survey as well.
    10/30/93 SJ, 6/24/95 SF Polo Fields, 7/15/06 SF, 12/2/06 Hawai'i, 6/24/08 MSG1, 6/25/08 MSG2, 8/28/09 OutsideLands SF, 10/9/09 SD, 10/23/10 Bridge I, 9/25/11 Vancouver, 9/30/12 Missoula, 10/3/12 Oracle Openworld, 7/19/13 Wrigley Field, 11/26/13 Oakland, 10/22/14 Denver, 10/25/14 Bridge I, 5/1/16 MSG1, 5/2/16 MSG2, 8/5/16 Fenway 1, 8/7/16 Fenway 2, 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 1, 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 2, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle 2, 8/13/18 Missoula, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/4/18 Fenway 2 
  • ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    just filled mine out.
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    Were all your surveys about coldplay like mine was? It looked like they just forgot to change it to Pearl Jam within the survey code.
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
    jeddeth wrote:
    Were all your surveys about coldplay like mine was? It looked like they just forgot to change it to Pearl Jam within the survey code.
    no...mine was about Bob Seger.

ds
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    I just did this
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I received one regarding the Rolling Stones (I've seen them over 50 times). That survey was focused on tour merchandise as well as ticket prices. I endorsed higher ticket prices for Stones Shows.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.