Options

I miss the Pumpkins being like this...

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited March 2008 in The Porch
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3633211

I remember watching this.....

I love Adore....

EDIT: Sorry, couldve sworn i was in other music, ignore this ill post there..... :D
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    honestly, i hated Adore. i always thought it would grow on me, but it never did. unless you count more hate as growth.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    and i miss pumpkins being like this
    :D

ooh.
    ooh. even better!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Adore is my fave Pumpkins album.

They're still great by the way,I saw them last month and it was the best concert I've ever been at.They played for nearly 3 hours.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Carlos D wrote:
    Adore is my fave Pumpkins album.

They're still great by the way,I saw them last month and it was the best concert I've ever been at.They played for nearly 3 hours.

How many concerts have you seen? Pumpinks live =mediocre.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    haired billy is better... adore still hasnt grown on me either... a few good tracks on there but over all eh... "to sheila" is one of my favorites tho... too much drum machine on the rest... and matt camerons track isnt even that strong considering hes the fuckin man...

i liked them live simply for the music... i dont like when i leave a concert tho and all im thinking is wow the music was good... but not that different from the studio version... and the band didnt really interact with the crowd... the pumpkins was one of those shows for me... it may have worked back in the day when they were playing to some angsty robot teens but i expect a little crowd interaction and fun these days... he stinks of arrogance too... if eds that way he sure doesnt show it the way billy does
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    grimmy
  • Options
    i agree--Pumpkins are not so great live, although i have not seen them this decade....Zwan was very good live, though.
    i loooove Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    and i miss pumpkins being like this
    :D

ooh.
    ooh. even better!
    me too...thanks for posting these.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    watching & listening to the singles film .. i still love that drown track by sp. their new album is pretty good, imo. but nothing can come close to siamese dream.
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,119
    demetrios wrote:
    nothing can come close to siamese dream.

Siamese Dream is probably my favorite album of the 90's. Possibly ever.

Cool clip, but the pumpkins without Jimmy Chamberlin just isn't the pumpkins. Simply the best drummer since the Bonham/Moon era.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    PS- there 4 track acoustic EP for their latest album is the best stuff theyve done in years... particularly "rose march"... anyone agree?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Great album but that tired replacement drummer with the glasses?? Thank god Jimmy is back..
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    their 98 tour of Adore was incredible. The songs live were so much better than the studio versions with all the percussion.