Options

PJ Poster Shipping Nightmare!!!

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited December 2007 in The Porch
So I had ordered a poster from ebay recently. It was the Philly 2 '06 poster that noone seems to want. Well being that Im trying to collect every show that I have been to , I order it through ebay . Not only does this thing come to my house SUPER, SUPER late, but whomever shipped this piece of shit looked like they folded it in quarters , threw it in a plastic shopping bag and took it to the post ofice. Now who in their right mind would ship a paying customer a poster like that? So this is to ALL of the poster shippers out there. If your selling posters of any kind , ESPESCIALLY PJ posters , please we value these things and you need to make sure they get to our house unscaved. THANK YOU !! 10c member
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    did you buy insurance?

did the seller state that it would be shipped in a tube? if so, try filing a paypal claim. hell, file one anyway for ridiculously inadequate proper shipping...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    time to get out the iron ;)

you could always resell it on ebay ;):D
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Hey, what if you never get a poster and your ebay shipper not respond...beside giving him a negativ feedback, what you can do????

What is that paypal claim??? I never done this before.
    Please help.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Hey, what if you never get a poster and your ebay shipper not respond...beside giving him a negativ feedback, what you can do????

What is that paypal claim??? I never done this before.
    Please help.

if you paid with paypal, they have a claim system wherein if you get screwed, they get your money back. seller has to provide proof they sent the item.

if you didn't pay with paypal, your only recourse is whatever is allowed by whatever payment method you used. and negative feedback...also depends on the seller. if they're a verified seller through whatever veri-sign thingy ebay has, yu can also file a claim that way.

if you sent cash, you're probably just out of luck.

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    I feel for you- but I do love how you end your statement:

"THANK YOU !! 10c member" - classic
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    go to the paypal website and place a claim on the transaction. They will contact the seller, investigate and get back to you.

good luck
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    SBC03 wrote:
    go to the paypal website and place a claim on the transaction. They will contact the seller, investigate and get back to you.

good luck

assuming, of course, that the buyer used paypal to pay....

oh, and ebay does have their own system for filing disputes. you can file an "item never recieved" complaint through ebay. log in to your "my ebay page", on the menu down the left side is a link marked "dispute console"...

• Options
    yes , paypal was used for everything. I have contacted the person, asked for a full refund and offered to ship the poster back to him. I think someone else had shipped it for him because in his e-mail he had said " I had it shipped yesterday " meaning someone else.

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    people are always happy when i flip my posters.....

hehehehe................

hope you get your money back.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    yes , paypal was used for everything. I have contacted the person, asked for a full refund and offered to ship the poster back to him. I think someone else had shipped it for him because in his e-mail he had said " I had it shipped yesterday " meaning someone else.

Whats his e-bay alias? Bought a poster from a guy who said that he shipped it a couple of times and when I complained about the declared value (85 $ to much) he said that he would tell the one that shipped the poster?
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    jeez!
    even if you DON'T know anything about posters or printed matter you should be smart enough to realise things shouldnt be folded...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Thank you for the help.

Yes, I always use a paypal system and I will check with them my transaction, it wasn't cheep 180$

Hope for the best, maybe is just Christmas busy time.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options

screw that, file the paypal dispute. that'll get you a response or your money back, one of the two. don't play email tag with these fucks, there's a time limit on filing disputes for both ebay and paypal

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    please we value these things and you need to make sure they get to our house unscaved.

i am just going to go ahead and assume you meant unscathed

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    what was the seller's return policy? how did he list the item?

If the seller doesn't take care of the issue -

1 - negative feedback (which in turn he'll do the same to you)
    2 - file complaint to paypal within 45 days
    3 - if you used a credit card vs paypal, file a complaint with them
    4 - or go report it as mail fraud - http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/investigations/MailFraud/fraudschemes/GetWhatYouOrdered.aspx
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i am just going to go ahead and assume you meant unscathed

:)

Yes, thank you .

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432

Even if someone else shipped it for him, he is still on the hook.....its his business to deal with the shipper.