Options

Do you think Ed is "guaranteed" to win the grammy?

im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I think so. I'd almost rather see him win an oscar for it though, so I could see him perform it live at the award show. I don't know about the chances of him winning both.

The first time I heard "Guaranteed" (and especially after I saw the film), I could visualize him playing it, Elliott Smith-style, at the Oscars. Sitting in a chair and wearing a suit, just him and his acoustic. How sweet would that be? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

P.S. There's a picture of Ed's hand-written lyrics for it in the "Press" section on the main page.
San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    hate to be a downer, but given what he's up against and the popularity of what he's up against, he won't win.
    plus, this is the same group that gave nickleback a nomination.
    you can't trust their judgement.
  • Options
    i'm_an_ear wrote:
    P.S. There's a picture of Ed's hand-written lyrics for it in the "Press" section on the main page.

what "main page" are you talking about?
  • Options
    im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
    hoobot24 wrote:
    what "main page" are you talking about?

pearljam.com at the bottom of the main page. In the "Press" section.
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
  • Options
    PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    I cant believe theres more names than just Eds on the guest list.
    I mean why would they even bother inviting anyone other than Ed Vedder ? except maybe Stone and Jeff ?? Matt would come as Eds partner. And Mike would just rock up and winge about past band members and look like he's in a hurry to get going.

Maybe the old bloke Boom could give them all a good kick up the arse and tell them to pull their heads in and stop acting like a bunch of spoilt little girls instead of spewing out this shit about fame being a huge pain in the arse, and how all the accolades and whatnot mean very little to them.

Maybe he wont win the grammy. Maybe theres a more popular song... Could it be possible ? Could there actually be someone with a song even more popular than a pearl jam song ?

I love their music, but the more I learn and understand about them as people, and the more I listen to their personal opinions on different things, the more I think that offstage, they are probably the biggest bunch of WANKERS you would ever meet.

I think I will go and have a banana sandwich.
  • Options
    Will you be able to taste it w/ all that bile in your mouth?! ;)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2