***THE OFFICE - SEASON 9 - FINAL SEASON***

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
With him confirming the upcoming season is going to be his last, do you think the show can continue without him? As a fan of the show, I'd like to see it continue with the cast they have, but I think the smart thing they should do is have this be the last season.

What are your thoughts?
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    steve leaves... finish it on a high. no shark jumping.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I don't know, I would hope so, but I know how stuff usually happens after a major character leaves (think about when Richie left Happy Days). I think it would be neat if they would replace Michael with David (from the British series). That could make for some great shows, but I very seriously doubt that would happen, but that's the only way I think I could be satisfied without Steve Carrell. I can't believe this, first Lost....now The Office. I might as well get rid of my tv.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    No. The show has been hurting for diversity / new story lines anyway.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I don't know, I would hope so, but I know how stuff usually happens after a major character leaves (think about when Richie left Happy Days). I think it would be neat if they would replace Michael with David (from the British series). That could make for some great shows, but I very seriously doubt that would happen, but that's the only way I think I could be satisfied without Steve Carrell. I can't believe this, first Lost....now The Office. I might as well get rid of my tv.

I totally agree with you. After Richie left Happy Days, wasn't the same. Also with That 70s Show when Ashton and Topher left, wasn't the same.

I can't believe it either. LOST was LOST, no show will replace that for me. And now The Office might be ending. TV already won't be the same without LOST. All I have left is SouthLAnd, Community, and Two and a Half Men. I love SouthLAnd, so that'll help me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    UpSideDown wrote:
    No. The show has been hurting for diversity / new story lines anyway.

Agree. Once the Writers Strike happened, the show lost it. The first 3 seasons along with pre-WS was the best the show has been.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    No, as sad as it is, when Carrell leaves, the show should end.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    I don't know, I would hope so, but I know how stuff usually happens after a major character leaves (think about when Richie left Happy Days). I think it would be neat if they would replace Michael with David (from the British series). That could make for some great shows, but I very seriously doubt that would happen, but that's the only way I think I could be satisfied without Steve Carrell. I can't believe this, first Lost....now The Office. I might as well get rid of my tv.
    that would actually be a pretty funny way to end it... dont try to continue without steve... just have ricky show up in the final shot as his replacement

i pray to god NBC has enough sense to not keep it going... they still have 30 rock to support their thurs night... probably some good comedy ideas on the backburner... LET IT GO
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Look how Scrubs fizzled-out when the JD character left.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Look how Scrubs fizzled-out when the JD character left.
    terrible show to begin with... but yes, look at that

that would actually be a pretty funny way to end it... dont try to continue without steve... just have ricky show up in the final shot as his replacement

i pray to god NBC has enough sense to not keep it going... they still have 30 rock to support their thurs night... probably some good comedy ideas on the backburner... LET IT GO

Community is pretty good. Parks and Rec can go.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    The last couple of seasons have been pretty bad.
    Just a little too "over the top" for me. Lost soooo much of the subtle humor it once had.

Anyways, if they continue the show without him...I don't see it lasting long. Not JUST because Carrell was so important for it's success, but the fact that it's been going downhill pretty steadily for some time now.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    if Dwight becomes the boss, it might be funny.....
    aside from that, i know Michael will be missed.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mfc2006 wrote:
    if Dwight becomes the boss, it might be funny.....
    aside from that, i know Michael will be missed.

My first thought was there is no way it can go on without Michael Scott. If Dwight were made boss though, that could be pretty damn funny.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I think they could pull of a transition with Todd F. Packer coming off the road and taking over Michaels old job. David Koechner is hilarious and might bring a spark back to the show. Just a thought.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I think they could pull of a transition with Todd F. Packer coming off the road and taking over Michaels old job. David Koechner is hilarious and might bring a spark back to the show. Just a thought.

best idea ever.
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I think it could go on because his character is part of what is killing the show. Too over the top and not very funny or amusing story lines. Too many dead end stories with the merger. Dwight can't run the office that would get old fast. Bring in Will Ferrell to lead a re-organization a la office space and trim the fat and keep those who are good. Breathe some new life in with some new leadership in the office.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Can it go on without him? yes
    Should it go on without him? probably not
    Will I continue to watch, whatever the outcome? yes
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Totally agree with you... :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Love the Office, but Jim and Pam have made the show tough to watch. I'd love to see Carrell take them with him when he leaves (if the show is gonna continue)
    The Fixer wrote:
    Love the Office, but Jim and Pam have made the show tough to watch. I'd love to see Carrell take them with him when he leaves (if the show is gonna continue)
    While I agree the Jim/Pam thing has gotten a bit stale, I'd miss Jim's pranks on Dwight too much if he left.
    The Fixer wrote:
    While I agree the Jim/Pam thing has gotten a bit stale, I'd miss Jim's pranks on Dwight too much if he left.
    Those are the best.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I imagine they will try 2 different spinoffs. One will be mildly successful. The other will flop. The flop will last 1 season at most. The more successful one will last 2 seasons at most.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Let Kevin run the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, back up. Do you think that I'm retarded?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    If they keep going after Carrell, I say let Creed Bratton be in charge...although that would detract greatly from his hilarious one liners...
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It already jumped the shark when Jim and Pam had a kid
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    It won't go on, NBC would much rather have some bullshit reality show in it's place. Way cheaper.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    It already jumped the shark when Jim and Pam had a kid

pretty much
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Sadly the office sucks the last couple seasons. Its become boring and not funny.
    The show had its time but now its time is coming to an end, I doubt anyone will watch it without carrell
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Sadly the office sucks the last couple seasons. Its become boring and not funny.
    The show had its time but now its time is coming to an end, I doubt anyone will watch it without carrell

have to agree there, it even makes watching old reruns tough
    carrell is the only one of the cast that will go on to do bigger and better things... i can see why everyone else might want to cling to the show... but it just wouldnt work at all

he was great on colbert report last night btw... anyone else see it?