Belfast England Game Wednesday PM

nigelnigel Posts: 267
edited June 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
Apologies if this has been covered off elsewhere...

Can anyone recommend a decent pub (preferably not too far from the venue and full of PJ fans!) where me and mate can watch the England footy game before the gig?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    England is gonna lose if they continue yesterdays play. What an uninspired team that was!

I predict an early exit for england.. sorry...
    I will swallow poison
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    nigel wrote:
    Apologies if this has been covered off elsewhere...

Can anyone recommend a decent pub (preferably not too far from the venue and full of PJ fans!) where me and mate can watch the England footy game before the gig?

you should ask in the euro tour 2010 thread, i think some of them may be gonna watch it.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    There's 828 pages to wade through on the Euro tour thread so I thought it was worth a separate question :?

And yes we were appalling last night but this is England we are talking about so anything is possible (good and bad!)

I am after somewhere to watch the game that is near to the venue, where there won't be any trouble and where I can be surrounded by some fellow Pearl Jam fans... Roll on Tuesday/Wednesday!
  • mohomoho Posts: 540
    I'm thinking of heading to McHugh's ( http://www.mchughsbar.com/index.asp ) which is probably the closest proper bar to the venue. There are some sickly neat, stuck-up sleazy snazzy bars inside the Odyssey complex too but you don't want to go to those. I reckon McHugh's will be packed with PJ fans watching the match and having pre-show pints!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    McHugh's sounds just the ticket - thanks :D
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    The odyssey pavillion has a few bars wich is part of the overall Odyssey complex. You cant get closer than that. Few restaurants in there too
    Kearnsy
  • RichardhRichardh Posts: 14
    The centre of Belfast isn't really that big or that far from the Odyssey so I wouldn't worry too much about picking the closest bar to the venue.

Have yourselves a bit of a pub crawl (e.g. Crown, Katy Dalys, Whites Tavern, John Hewitt, Duke of York) and enjoy the afternoon, no need to spoil it by watching the football!