Options

****Official Please Play Canada Petition****

scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Fuck the South, come on back to Canada where we showed you lots of love in 05 :)
Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    scpjfan wrote:
    Fuck the South, come on back to Canada where we showed you lots of love in 05 :)
    i agree....

i would LOVE to do a canadien vacation again.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Things may already be mostly decided, but its always possible to add a few more shows and I'm all for those few more shows being in Canada! :)
    2003 - Vancouver May 30th
    2005 - Montreal Sept 15th; Ottawa Sept 16th; St. John's, NL Sept 24th; St. John's, NL Sept 25th
    2006 - Albany, NY May 12th; Hartford, CT May 13th
    2008 - Montreal Aug 9th and Montreal Aug 10th (EV Solo)
  • Options
    i would love a canadian tour in addition to the us east coast gigs, toronto would be icing on the cake! love that city. 05 show was great with it's smokin spirit and icy molson!
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    scpjfan wrote:
    You shouldn't say bad things about folks who support you....I am a supporter and have been a supporter of numerous "Play in Canada" threads....I love Canada...would rather see Pearl Jam tour Canada than crappy Rust Belt cities in the U.S.....have seen Pearl Jam in Canada...would like to see Pearl Jam in Canada again. Could really go for some Tim Hortons right about now.

"Fuck the South" is really not the best way to get things done. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    ^^^
    I know, that's just uncalled for.

Tybird, have you seen DBT on this tour yet. It seems like forever, but I'll finally see them on Wednesday. The setlists these past few shows look amazing!

Edit: speaking of Tim Hortons, I thought it was funny (in London or Hamilton) when one of the girls from SK asked what it was about Timmy's that ppl in Canada loved. And hundreds of ppl yellow out "the coffee". Funny only because Timmy's is so much easier for me to grab on the way to work, but I always go out of my way to another coffee shop. Also, I can tell by their face they were probably think Tim Horton's coffee wasn't that great : )
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Red Lukin wrote:
    ^^^
    I know, that's just uncalled for.

Tybird, have you seen DBT on this tour yet. It seems like forever, but I'll finally see them on Wednesday. The setlists these past few shows look amazing!

Edit: speaking of Tim Hortons, I thought it was funny (in London or Hamilton) when one of the girls from SK asked what it was about Timmy's that ppl in Canada loved. And hundreds of ppl yellow out "the coffee". Funny only because Timmy's is so much easier for me to grab on the way to work, but I always go out of my way to another coffee shop. Also, I can tell by their face they were probably think Tim Horton's coffee wasn't that great : )
    Sorry friend, have not seen them since October...despite that we have seen a number of the new songs in concert already. :D

Me, I love the donuts @ Timmy's!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    tybird wrote:
    Sorry friend, have not seen them since October...despite that we have seen a number of the new songs in concert already. :D

Me, I love the donuts @ Timmy's!!!!

That's not bad. I haven't seen them in probably 2 years (at least). I hope they're heading to your neck of the woods sometime soon.

This is funny. Let's take over this thread with some talk of southern music y'all!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Tim Hortons hasn't been the same since they dropped Hawaiian flavour donuts...I would think crossing the border on a small tour to do 1 show (i.e. Toronto) would be a bit of a pain in the ass from an operational point of view...that said, EV is doing it just to play Vancouver to kick off the solo tour, so...maybe it isn't such a big deal (or maybe we'll get lucky and they'll hit a few more Canadian spots) - damn it! I have done it...despite all my efforts it looks like I am now expecting PJ tour news mid-week.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    mjb wrote:
    Tim Hortons hasn't been the same since they dropped Hawaiian flavour donuts...I would think crossing the border on a small tour to do 1 show (i.e. Toronto) would be a bit of a pain in the ass from an operational point of view...that said, EV is doing it just to play Vancouver to kick off the solo tour, so...maybe it isn't such a big deal (or maybe we'll get lucky and they'll hit a few more Canadian spots) - damn it! I have done it...despite all my efforts it looks like I am now expecting PJ tour news mid-week.

I take it back...Toronto was the only Canadian city they played to kick off the 06' tour, I guess it isn't the pain in ass I was once told it was
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Please Please Please Play Canada!
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    September 16th, 2005

Holy Shit.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    scpjfan wrote:
    I've been to show in toronto, and have to say one of the jaminest pj crowds i've had the pleasure of being apart......there are though like minded souls in the south that have that same love. And...with the weak ass dollar, cheapest time ever for you to visit.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ramborambo Posts: 170
    canadian tour 08 would be amazing!!
    st. john's newfoundland, sept 24/2005
    st. john's newfoundland, sept. 25/2005
  • Options
    rambo wrote:
    sign me up . . . i love canada!
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    i agree....

i would LOVE to do a canadien vacation again.....

you can come to Canada when you learn how to spell Canadian...

but i do agree with this very much, best tour PJ has ever done...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    you can come to Canada when you learn how to spell Canadian...

but i do agree with this very much, best tour PJ has ever done...
    I hate to break it to you, but the rest of the world spells it the other way :-) I love CANADIENS!!!
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Dear Pearl Jam,

I dare you to play a gig on my island this year.

take care
    Clayton

p.s. : please
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    marker2727 wrote:
    I hate to break it to you, but the rest of the world spells it the other way :-) I love CANADIENS!!!

yeah it was meant to be a little tongue in cheek, i sometimes forget those sort of things escape themselves on the internet. :D
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    Edmonton, Calgary, the Gorge (oops, sorry, that one's not in Canada, but we had such an incredible time there in '06)
    Canada Please! =)
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    Canada 08!
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    I've haven't been to Canada since I was a little kid, so why no revisit our friends from the north- PJ style! :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Yeha id love it if they played Canada this year cause im able to go n stay with family in Toronto to see them. Please come!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    rambo wrote:
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

Canadian Tour '08!!

I was out of the country in '05 and missed out! :(
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    Toronto 08!
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started