Official Into the Wild Trade Thread

woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I have the 10c vinyl up for trade. I am looking for some posters, any offers?
God Loves Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    if you didn't need the vinyl you shouldn't have bought it.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • who "needs" vinyl...and by the way I have an extra. sounds like you didn't get one.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
    who "needs" vinyl...and by the way I have an extra. sounds like you didn't get one.
    False: I got one :D
    I just say what you do is unfair for people who didn't get one. If you don't "need" vinyl, I really don't see the reason for buying two !
    I "need" vinyls" because I listen to vinyls and I'm not the only one here !
    If you want to make money with your vinyl, go and sell it on ebay, don't come here.
  • Julien wrote:
    False: I got one :D
    I just say what you do is unfair for people who didn't get one. If you don't "need" vinyl, I really don't see the reason for buying two !
    I "need" vinyls" because I listen to vinyls and I'm not the only one here !
    If you want to make money with your vinyl, go and sell it on ebay, don't come here.

You clearly do not know the facts or back story behind why I have 2 albums...just move on with your life....I am not selling anything.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • I listen to albums too, hence the purchase. but due to a miscommunication with a friend, I ended up with two. Rather than sell the duplicate on Ebay, I posted a trade which is more fair to the fans who did not get one. Usually people buy extra posters in order to trade them later for things they did not get....so buzz off with your inflamatory remarks.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    I'll trade you a poster of me giving you the finger for having an extra ITW vinyl and not offering it for cost to a 10c member who didn't get one.

I don't care about the story of how or why you have one available, but you do have one, so help someone out.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    If I walk into my favorite record store this weekend and they have the LP for 20 bucks I'd buy it, (even though I got one thru 10c), and I might offer it for trade or package it for a poster I'm trying to get. Who's to say that if I don't buy it a PJ fan will? Maybe some ebayer gets it instead.....

I don't think woundedorgan is out of line by putting it up for trade unless the trade is ridiculous. I have traded on this forum and ebeans and it has worked out for both parties just fine.

That said who has a 98 Detroit poster collecting dust? :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    pearljim wrote:
    If I walk into my favorite record store this weekend and they have the LP for 20 bucks I'd buy it, (even though I got one thru 10c), and I might offer it for trade or package it for a poster I'm trying to get. Who's to say that if I don't buy it a PJ fan will? Maybe some ebayer gets it instead.....

I don't think woundedorgan is out of line by putting it up for trade unless the trade is ridiculous. I have traded on this forum and ebeans and it has worked out for both parties just fine.

That said who has a 98 Detroit poster collecting dust? :)

What they said.

Both myself and my other half were lucky enough to get copies from the 10c. If it gets to a point in the future where we're after something in particular we may well consider trading one of the copies. As long as both parties are happy with the trade and they're both getting something out of it, I don't see the problem.

Now if the guy had bought 15 copies with the intention of selling at ten times the price - that there be scalping (or would others call it 'good business' ;) !
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Julien wrote:
    if you didn't need the vinyl you shouldn't have bought it.

he needs it to trade for something else
    as long as its not being resold for profit, I have no problem with buying to trade.
  • I too bought a second copy from a website linked on here. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it till I saw another board member I knew from previous dealings here had missed both sales. Win win situation for both...he gets an ITW vinyl and I get good Karma! ;)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Hahaha. Those of you biter over not getting one make me laugh. You have resorted to attacking people looking to trade. Do you also attack every person who picks up an extra poster at the show to trade?

I have said this previously...if you didn't get the vinyl LISTEN TO THE CD. It's the same songs, I swear. The world will continue to turn if you don't get a copy and this guy finds someone to trade with. I would be willing to part with mine if the right poster trade offer came along.
  • Do you also attack every person who picks up an extra poster at the show to trade?

hahaha! good one! I can only imagine if this happened in a lobby before the show.. that's just pathetic..

It is really easy to attack someone here.. just imagine if it's in person.. haha!!
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    .....I posted a trade which is more fair to the fans who did not get one. Usually people buy extra posters in order to trade them later for things they did not get....so buzz off with your inflamatory remarks.
    nothing wrong with that wounded! IMO you are doing a good job by offering it on this forum instead of selling it on ebay
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I agree, there's nothing wrong with trading on here. Good luck with your trade. I'd trade mine in a heartbeat for the Birmingham, AL 98 poster
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    WHAT IS THE HUGE CRAZE OVER THIS LP!?

and seriously, there is NOTHING wrong with this guy looking to trade on here. he IS helping someone out, and he's NOT selling. everyone quit bitching.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    LukinFan wrote:
    I agree, there's nothing wrong with trading on here. Good luck with your trade. I'd trade mine in a heartbeat for the Birmingham, AL 98 poster

Agreed go ahead and trade, these aren't that hard to find if people would just call some record stores. I called a few stores and found one in Milwaukee to get as a present for somebody. GO OUT AND LOOK INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING ON HERE!
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    jordn6971 wrote:
    GO OUT AND LOOK INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING ON HERE!

Well said!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I'm not looking to make a profit off of mine, but I love vinyl and listen to it all the time, so I would consider trading it for other PJ vinyl.
    I'd defintiely trade mine for either No Code + Yield or Benaroya alone. I'll consider any offer though. I already have Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, Riot Act, Avocado, Lost Dogs, Rearview Mirror, so I'm not looking for those.

The only other thing I would consider, and I really hope I don't come off as an asshole for this, but I would trade it for a low number 10c member's second ticket to the next New England area or possibly Chicago, Grand Rapids, or Detroit show. I'd still pay for the ticket too. I was born in 89, and couldn't join til 2004 when I was 15. So I really want to experience it up close. I'll probably hold off on that one though until there's actually shows announced.
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    LukinFan wrote:
    im with him!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I'm

The only other thing I would consider, and I really hope I don't come off as an asshole for this, but I would trade it for a low number 10c member's second ticket to the next New England area or possibly Chicago, Grand Rapids, or Detroit show. I'd still pay for the ticket too. I was born in 89, and couldn't join til 2004 when I was 15. So I really want to experience it up close. I'll probably hold off on that one though until there's actually shows announced.

great idea....creative.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • poto101poto101 Posts: 382
    callen wrote:
    great idea....creative.

1988...same boat, sux
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • callen wrote:
    great idea....creative.
    thanks! :) I was worried someone would get pissed at me for asking that
  • poto101poto101 Posts: 382
    i think the only reason people get pissed around here is for ca$h gains. the guy selling ITW on ebay when it is still in the exact packaging he received the item in from the ten club for example. all he got it for was the money he could make off it.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
    I listen to albums too, hence the purchase. but due to a miscommunication with a friend, I ended up with two. Rather than sell the duplicate on Ebay, I posted a trade which is more fair to the fans who did not get one. Usually people buy extra posters in order to trade them later for things they did not get....so buzz off with your inflamatory remarks.

Ok, maybe I over-reacted. Sorry for that.
    But there's so many people making profit on things they bought on 10C that sometimes I feel the need to say it's not fair.
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i'll trade my copy of itw to you.......if you can get rid of my cold, and it is still in the ten club box.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • looking for a Klausen Portland 06 and if somebody really needs the LP a Gorge 05...thanks
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Anyone?
    God Loves Pearl Jam