new box set set for 2-12-08

Comments

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    WHat's all this about?
    They aren't printing this box set in Croatia... sorry :D
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Sony Legacy to release Worldwide Singles Box on 2-12-08.

http://www.newmusictipsheet.com/page.php?id=crystal
    It's Singles the movie.... with the CD in the gatefold DVD Box ;)
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    vital5 wrote:
    They aren't printing this box set in Croatia... sorry :D

LMAO!!! :D
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    cutback wrote:
    boy i wish there was a place on the web where someone from the band could give us some information on this.....oh wait.....;)

very good

someone from Tenclub now quickly starts to search the net for further info.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Screw the singles boxset, I'm buying the 25th Anniversary Edition of Michael Jackson's "Thriller."
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • JamilyMan wrote:
    Kat: Dammit Sea, operation singles has been leaked!

Sea: You mean....

Kat: YES! Those stalke... I mean fanatics were able to find some obscure reference to the new Singles project!

Sea: We knew this day would come. We just didn't expect it this early!

Santos: I told you guys that throwing a Green Hoodie at the men would not be enough to throw them off the trail!

Kat: You are right. I expected them to be doing their holiday shopping and not scouring the net the way only they are capable of. Hmmm... Do you think we should?!?

Santos: Do we have any other choice?

Sea: No! Now the only question is, do we put more towels up... or do we go with the Koozie???

Kat: Let's not lose ourselves here, gang. I am not ready to play the Koozie Trump Card just yet. Santos, you put up another 50 towels, I will send out a Little Birdie announcement, and Sea, you run some interference with the Deep contest.

Sea: That's perfect! That should buy us a couple more days to put together something about the aforementioned Operation Singles.

Santos: Sounds like a plan! Let's rock and roll!

Kat: Tweet Tweet

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
    Im fucking crying... this made my day! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    In most cases, when an artist leaves a label, the label is allowed to release a greatest hits album, as well as 1 additional product of rarities, unreleased songs, etc.

They often do this without the band's input....that may be why there has been lack of info from the band.

I thought that's Rearviemirror was...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I only have Man Of The Hour cd single so...I guess I am gonna go broke for the millionth time for PJ's sake:D
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    godpt3 wrote:
    completely different version. The LD version was recorded for 10 w/ Dave K. on drums and then reworked vocally in 2003. The single version (and a far better version it is) was recorded during the Vs. sessions w/ Dave A. on drums.

Agreed
    anything with Dave A sounds better :)
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    In most cases, when an artist leaves a label, the label is allowed to release a greatest hits album, as well as 1 additional product of rarities, unreleased songs, etc.

They often do this without the band's input....that may be why there has been lack of info from the band.

id say the lack of info will come from tenclub not giving us any info because thats how they work. we know about ticket pre-sales 24 hours before the presale starts. probably any new info we get will be from some fan finding it from another source.

tenclub will inform us of everything we need to know 3 days after we already know it.

since i already own all the cd singles except the complete dissident set this looks like a big waste unless there is something new here. probably just release the single versions of footsteps and alone and maybe rvm by the frogs
  • please refer to my signature
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • please refer to my signature
    Oh wow, I wonder if both versions will be included?? ;)
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,648
    I'm ecited regardless of whatb it is, something to collect and add to the already struggling PJ cabinet!!! might need to get a second cabinet before long, wife's gonna kill me....
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I'm ecited regardless of whatb it is, something to collect and add to the already struggling PJ cabinet!!! might need to get a second cabinet before long, wife's gonna kill me....

my thoughts exactly, luckily i don't have a wife to contend with ;)
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • bonebone Posts: 492
    ii44 wrote:
    Single version is horrible, Lost Dogs version is a million times better.

Best version however is on the Unreleased Rarities Demo compilation (music same as Lost Dogs but original vocals from 91)
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    is it me or does "Worldwide" singles kinda give a clue that this could possibly be the Avacodo b-sides?

if it had nothing to do with the music past Riot Act, im sure they would have chosen a different title, but i guess we will wait and see
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    interesting. i dont have any of their singles. i also never really listen to singles. im trying to think of what songs would be on here that i wouldn't already have from rvm or lost dogs? will it have merkinball? perhaps round up a few of their songs to soundtracks (real thing, crazy mary). that may decide if i bother with this.
  • I would like Lost Dogs and all the other rare stuff that was left off of Lost Dogs and Avacado to be remixed and re ordered (ending the box set with Yellow Ledbetter) and I would buy it. But mostly because my Lost Dogs case got ruined.
  • pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    the new album was released on J Records...how and why would sony be able to release anything from that album??
  • the new album was released on J Records...how and why would sony be able to release anything from that album??
    J records (along with Epic, Legacy and many more) is a sub-label of Sony.
  • i think "worldwide" refers to the actual world and the singles that were released over time around the globe up through Avocado- not so much outtakes from Avocado. It's a Legacy recordings release, not a J release. Think like the Stones singles collection

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • For those that don't seem to understand what kind of label Legacy is, please check out their website here: http://www.legacyrecordings.com/

Once again, there is absolutely no way that this collection is going to have even one song that hasn't already been released at least twice.
  • FitzFitz Posts: 169
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    Fitz wrote:
    Weird, it says that one was released in '99. This is one sketchy site.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs wrote:
    Weird, it says that one was released in '99. This is one sketchy site.
    All the sony sites are! It looks like you're buying a cd direct from Sony and BAM! before you know it you've paid over a truckload of money to some ebay scum for a bandjaxed, second-hand piece of crap. Tragic...
  • vinyl anthology

"vinthology"

you heArd it hear first
  • I predict that this upcoming singles box set will be similar to an Oasis one that was released in late-2006.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Singles-94-06-Oasis/dp/B000I6BL0E

Don't expect to find anything new on the box set. It's just going to be previously released singles (likely remastered) in different packaging.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    vinyl anthology

"vinthology"

you heArd it hear first

I love that terminology! :P
  • no one here is getting it. legacy is trying to work with the band to rerelease all the records (remastered, unreleased audio, BTS video) plus trying to get the unplugged out. it is all up to the band.
    has anyone ever looked at the miles davis releases? if pj was up for it, that is exactly what legacy would do.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    it is more Pearl jam who gives a shit what is is. I'd buy a disc of Ed and Jeff Farting, or Stone pissing in the toilet, maybe Mike dropping a deuce even. And what about if it had Boom belching.....man I'm up for a bodily function art disc....we did get the Kerouac disc from Ed a few years ago, performance art yeah that is it...

I'd love all the singel versions on one set, as I would lvoe to get rid of the friggin jewel cases up to wazoo of pearl jam singles.

Lost dogs was missing a lot of stuff.