I respect the band a zillion times more..

4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I respect the band a million times more after finding out Jeff supports the stealing of basketballs. It is good to know that people can stand up for good causes even when they are Jeff Ament. It's just so easy to forget the plight of basketball-less people when you are a millionaire and everything going for you. It's easy to forget their empty nets when there are so many other cool themes like lack of Dancing Elmos nearing Christmastime , Skydiving Safety etc to stick up for.

just havin a little fun.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agree with the need for basketball stealing.
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I respect the band a million times more after finding out Jeff supports the stealing of basketballs. It is good to know that people can stand up for good causes even when they are Jeff Ament. It's just so easy to forget the plight of basketball-less people when you are a millionaire and everything going for you. It's easy to forget their empty nets when there are so many other cool themes like lack of Dancing Elmos nearing Christmastime , Skydiving Safety etc to stick up for.

just havin a little fun.

i support that with all my heart.

and :
    i respect the band even kazilion more because -
    i heard that Boom thinks that sex is not allowed until you get married.

but that's just me.

Go virginity , Go !!!!
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    I agree with the need for basketball stealing.
    you are kidding, correct......my basketball was stolen from me when i was 9. i lose sleep each night wondering where my basketball is.

is it being palmed?
    is it being dribbled?
    is it being passed?
    is it being dunked?

the agony is too much......
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • nice one!!
  • ajedigecko wrote:
    you are kidding, correct......my basketball was stolen from me when i was 9. i lose sleep each night wondering where my basketball is.

is it being palmed?
    is it being dribbled?
    is it being passed?
    is it being dunked?

the agony is too much......

Hmm, is it orange? I think it was one I snatched.
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Hmm, is it orange? I think it was one I snatched.
    no....it is white with red stitching.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • ajedigecko wrote:
    no....it is white with red stitching.

Maybe Jeff stole it then. :P
  • The one I had stolen from me was a replica of the one the Harlem Globetrotters use. I got it one night when I saw them. It was such a special night for me. My dad bought me the ball and it was one of the greatest moments of my life with him. But what made it more special is that that we met Fred "Curly" Neal before the show and I asked him if he could score 100 points for me. And he did. And it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. Until the next day when the mob came over and killed my dad because the night before he bet $100,000 on the Generals to beat the Globetrotters, and he lost the bet. The mob took my basketball. I never saw it again. I miss my ball. And my dad.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • mfc22mfc22 Posts: 106
    even more respect b/c i heard stone gossard likes to eat kiids homework
    ...if she's gone i can't go on feelin' 2 foot small...
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    nkobik wrote:

Go virginity , Go !!!!

HA! that made me laugh...thanks!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    UndieTaker wrote:
    The one I had stolen from me was a replica of the one the Harlem Globetrotters use. I got it one night when I saw them. It was such a special night for me. My dad bought me the ball and it was one of the greatest moments of my life with him. But what made it more special is that that we met Fred "Curly" Neal before the show and I asked him if he could score 100 points for me. And he did. And it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. Until the next day when the mob came over and killed my dad because the night before he bet $100,000 on the Generals to beat the Globetrotters, and he lost the bet. The mob took my basketball. I never saw it again. I miss my ball. And my dad.

And then one of the goons took a big shit in your family bathroom and clogged the toliet witch you had to un-clog the next day after crying for 24 hours straight.

A bad day.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    UndieTaker wrote:
    The one I had stolen from me was a replica of the one the Harlem Globetrotters use. I got it one night when I saw them. It was such a special night for me. My dad bought me the ball and it was one of the greatest moments of my life with him. But what made it more special is that that we met Fred "Curly" Neal before the show and I asked him if he could score 100 points for me. And he did. And it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. Until the next day when the mob came over and killed my dad because the night before he bet $100,000 on the Generals to beat the Globetrotters, and he lost the bet. The mob took my basketball. I never saw it again. I miss my ball. And my dad.

This is not a real story. What was the point spread on the bet?
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,444
    I had my basketball stolen once too. I remember it like it was yesterday. My poor, precious basketball that I had rescued from a dumpster. Son of a b**tch, a b/f took it from me. Hurt me right where it counts. Needless to say, that was the end of him. I can only hoped that he loved it as much as me.

Of course I have tried to move on. It has not been easy since my new ball in no way compares to what once was. The new one is not hard all the time, and constantly needs pumping. I play with it and play with it, but I'm just not getting off.

Slams, dunks, off the rim. Dribble here, dribble there. It's no use. It's not the same.

To all the b-ball thieves out there, breaking my heart: For the love of God, please stop. It's not too late! I'm on my knees, begging...
    Opps double post
  • I would love to get my basketball stolen by Jeff...
    I would love to get Jeff.