Options

PJ Concert email?

dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I received an email late last night from a place called Live Nation, I think Live Nation is similar to ticketmaster or it is a chain of concert venues, not 100% sure maybe someone could verify that. Any way, the subject of the email was "Pearl Jam Fans, we need your feedback". The email asked for me to take a survey for a chance to win tickets to a "concert". Some people will win 2 tickets each to a future concert. It didn't specifically say a Pearl Jam concert, but I found it odd that the subject was addressed to PJ fans. Anyone else on their mail list besides me and get this?
Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I got one too...hoping it's good news toward tour planning!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Got the same thing. It's just a marketing survey.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    it's funny because I got one that said Pearl Jam fans but then the questions were all about John Mellencamp.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    I got it also. Its a PJ survey, they are gauging prices and demand for tix and merchandise.
    Last one I got was for Van halen, and tour did follow, so one never knows.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    i just got it too...took the survey...nothing to get excited about.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    I know they own a lot of the venues that PJ has played at. I'm sure if you had to give your name/address for any reason, they have it and know why you were there.

I was a little curious about one of the questions being buy 3 tickets get a 4th free, because I have seen some people talk about why something like that isn't offered through the fan club...then this survey. I'm still not getting my hopes up, but it was nice to think about attending a PJ concert again.
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    For some concerts, usually ones which aren't selling well, they have buy 3 get 1 free ticket offers...its usually lawn seats at amphitheaters.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    yeah they've done it for other bands and other times too. just to see what we want...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Poncier wrote:
    For some concerts, usually ones which aren't selling well, they have buy 3 get 1 free ticket offers...its usually lawn seats at amphitheaters.

The Cult played here in INDY a few months ago. I guess sales weren't going so well because I got an out of the blue email saying, just show up with this at the door to get in. I think the email was from Live nation or Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Thanks for the replies, I figured it was nothing to get excited about! You never know though!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    My guess is Live Nation is in the ifant stages of planning the promotion and marketing of some kind of PJ tour this year!
  • Options
    guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    My brother works for Live Nation. ill call him and ask if he knows what thats about.
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I won't get my hopes up, but I don't think Live Nation is going to waste their time and resources on a survey unless there is something on the horizon.

Hopefully just over the horizon.

Please.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Live Nation dropped Ticketmaster. So this is definitley a possibility.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/01/17/081354.php
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    The Cult played here in INDY a few months ago. I guess sales weren't going so well .
    DAMMIT! They sold out their show here in Seattle already (show is last week of March).
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I got the same email. I am willing to bet they got Pearl Jam's business from ticketbastard to promote future tours and want to get a feeling for what PJ fans like. Just my 2 cents...

Hopefully there will be a 2008 tour!! I need a fix!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    I got this email as well but all the questions were about Counting Crows.
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    I got this survey as well but I have never bought any tix through them

I do get notices though of future converts
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    SBC03 wrote:
    I got this survey as well but I have never bought any tix through them

I do get notices though of future converts

Same here.

I think that's why we got it.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    I guess this is only going to American fans cause I never got it and from what I saw none of the people who replied here were non american. Hmmmmm
    I got a similar thing for U2 at one time tho...it was AFTER their tour tho.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz