Yield Sucks

NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
edited January 2008 in The Porch
just kidding its my fave PJ!
Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
A world begins where the road ends.
Watch me leave it all behind.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    You suck!!!!

Just kidding you're my favorite fan :)
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    This thread sucks.

NOT kidding.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    awww, thanks!

much love to you to bro.

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    what up Irie, remember me? You missed one hell of a CC show at ovens, he fuckin rocked! Yield is the greatest album I've ever heard
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i was like WHAT?!!??! then i was all like OH!!! now im just like....whatevs, yknow!??
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
    TheGossman wrote:
    what up Irie, remember me? You missed one hell of a CC show at ovens, he fuckin rocked! Yield is the greatest album I've ever heard

i know, i know. i had a previous committment and missed out. heard from countless others how great that ovens show is.

PM me next time you will be in charlotte. there is some good music going on this weekend if you are around.

and yes, yield IS the greatest album of all time. cannot get enough of it.

i was like WHAT?!!??! then i was all like OH!!! now im just like....whatevs, yknow!??

gotcha.

• chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    pouch15 wrote:
    You suck!!!!

Just kidding you're my favorite fan :)
    LOL....that was a good one!
    chinobaeza wrote:
    LOL....that was a good one!

jaja its friday, im going to the movies, what should I see I am legend or Cloverfield? help me
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    i wish i had the last 20 seconds of my life back...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
    Its my fault I changed the subject to movies, I'm a thread cooler. :(
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    TheGossman wrote:
    Yield is the greatest album I've ever heard

I'd like to sip some natty with this cat.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Yield ain't just the best Pearl Jam album. It's the best album. Period.
    pouch15 wrote:
    jaja its friday, im going to the movies, what should I see I am legend or Cloverfield? help me

ive seen both and was quite impressed with each of them as they have a lot of similarities.

i saw the advanced screening of Cloverfield this past tuesday and wasn't expecting much. quite the contrary though! i thought Matt Reeves did a fine job with this. Special effects were actually pretty decent, considering the budget they had to make this. The monster scenes were actually pretty decent/believable. The only challenge for Cloverfield is the entire movie takes place through the dude's video cam (similar to blair witch). a lot of peeps (including my wife) said that it made them very nauseated and could not watch consistently.

I Am Legend had some really great scenes as well. My only complaint was that they could have done better with the storyline and I felt like they left out some really significant stuff. All in all I thought it was a good flick and felt like Will did a good job with his role. Really enjoyed the special effects/monster scenes in this one as well. I will say that both of these were "edge of your seat" type movies. I say pay for one and see them both!

Enjoy!

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yield has some great songs but it's far too incohesive to be PJ's best album...

...IMO. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    Yield ain't just the best Pearl Jam album. It's the best album. Period.

agreed. There will never be another.

NC_Irie wrote:
    ive seen both and was quite impressed with each of them as they have a lot of similarities.

i saw the advanced screening of Cloverfield this past tuesday and wasn't expecting much. quite the contrary though! i thought Matt Reeves did a fine job with this. Special effects were actually pretty decent, considering the budget they had to make this. The monster scenes were actually pretty decent/believable. The only challenge for Cloverfield is the entire movie takes place through the dude's video cam (similar to blair witch). a lot of peeps (including my wife) said that it made them very nauseated and could not watch consistently.

I Am Legend had some really great scenes as well. My only complaint was that they could have done better with the storyline and I felt like they left out some really significant stuff. All in all I thought it was a good flick and felt like Will did a good job with his role. Really enjoyed the special effects/monster scenes in this one as well. I will say that both of these were "edge of your seat" type movies. I say pay for one and see them both!

Enjoy!

I just saw I am legend, good movie, but I think you are right they left important things out of the movie and everything happens so fast. But I liked, lets see tomorrow Cloverfield!!! Although I think im going alone, my wike hates movies that cameras move a lot.
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    you darn near gave me a heat attack with that statement.
    not cool.